A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

This reeks of D*ck stopping the report being published, as it’s most probably so bad, it will mean Boris being ousted. All hush-hush deals from behind the scenes.

When Stratton was caught lying, the police said there wasn’t an “explicit admission” in the video, more like a backhander to D*ck.

• Like 1

For those who thought "Yes Minister" was a comedy and not a documentary.

This is just an exercise in ar$e covering of civil servants by other civil servants.

It's what they do.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

Look, you should all prepare yourself for the worst here.

You see this all the time, some big investigation or report that’s going to be the final mail in the coffin “we’ve got him now!” “This is the one, he can’t survive this”

Like a top of the table clash I’d prepare yourself for a crap 0-0 draw that doesn’t deliver. 

what was the one when trump was in and that guy spent years doing some report and it ended up being nothing? They sold t shirts and hats of this guy, he was the guy that was going to bring trump down. This was the guy that was going to bring it all down… damp squib, trump walks away.

That Iraq probe, that went on for YEEEEEEEARS and essentially came to very little conclusions. The amount time people wasted on that.

all I’m saying is there’s a lot of people are expecting this report to contain details of mass raves, cocaine use, orgys and Aliens probing various ministers etc

its going to be a boring ministerial report. Don’t waste your time and mental health worrying about this stuff. The amount of people I’ve encountered incensed, enraged that a politician could lie and be a c@&t. I’m like “duh!”

they are all c@£ts, some of you need to remind yourself of that.

44 minutes ago, Herman said:

Oh God, he's going to visit Ukraine.😲

Father Ted Quote of the Day on Twitter: ""YOU LET DOUGAL DO A FUNERAL??"  https://t.co/DVDiyisZop" / Twitter

Will he take the cake with him?

He/they are definitely going to come out of this pretty much unscathed aren't they...

Another phrase that keeps going through my head is, today's news is tomorrows fish and chip papers.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

17 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

He/they are definitely going to come out of this pretty much unscathed aren't they...

Another phrase that keeps going through my head is, today's news is tomorrows fish and chip papers.

That's the fear. I've been keeping an eye on the polls and before this latest debacle they were sneaking back to the tories. The major problem with living amongst goldfish.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Herman said:

That's the fear. I've been keeping an eye on the polls and before this latest debacle they were sneaking back to the tories. The major problem with living amongst goldfish.

The return of Teflon Man.😉

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Will he take the cake with him?

It was never about cake or wallpaper.

I have my holly stakes, silver and holy water ready

Have no fear. He's finished.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

It was never about cake or wallpaper.

Yep love it that they are trying to make out its things as simple as cake, it’s lots of things the guy is a serial liar. If it proves 100% correct which seems likely the seriousness of approving animals to be evacuated ahead of citizens that had been helping the U.K. in Afghanistan and then lying about it will have serious political consequences around the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Yep love it that they are trying to make out its things as simple as cake, it’s lots of things the guy is a serial liar.

It's almost as if some people are trying to trivialise it all, so it doesn't reflect quite so badly on how they were duped into voting, not for the first time, for an utter fraud.

But then again, if you add a winky face at the end it makes it all better. 😉🤣

Apples

• Like 4

So Johnson's going to visit Kyviv. 

I wonder if that's exactly the time Putin will act/invade - catch people out. Most think he will do so after the Winter Olympics (so as not to upset/upstage the Chinese) but a limited incursion when Johnson's present would deliciously catch everybody out and from Putin's perspective show the world how little he now cares about the UK and Johnson's 'global' Britain in particular.

25 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

So Johnson's going to visit Kyviv. 

I wonder if that's exactly the time Putin will act/invade - catch people out. Most think he will do so after the Winter Olympics (so as not to upset/upstage the Chinese) but a limited incursion when Johnson's present would deliciously catch everybody out and from Putin's perspective show the world how little he now cares about the UK and Johnson's 'global' Britain in particular.

I heard the guy from NATO speak today and it all made sense how they were going to act, the dead opposite to what it sounds Johnson and his mates are peddling. I guess some of this is for personal gain, to look bigger than NATO.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

I heard the guy from NATO speak today and it all made sense how they were going to act, the dead opposite to what it sounds Johnson and his mates are peddling. I guess some of this is for personal gain, to look bigger than NATO.

Johnson and Putin have some traits in common.

Feathering their and their cronies nests at the cost to their respective countries.

Invoking the flag and external threats to distract from domestic failures.

Invoking myth and deception for political expediency.

Both being very self-centred as opposed to any notion of public service.

I think in another universe both characters would fit straight in to each others 'parties'.

As to fiscal sanctions - steady on Truus - you never know how that might effect Tory funds.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

Cummings going after Boris Johnson again. Amusing reading but I wish Cummings acknowledged his role in enabling Boris in the first place. 

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/dominic-cummings-says-boris-johnson-122118378.html

Cummings said Johnson was now “rattling around in there [No.10] and ****ing everything up for everyone and not doing the job properly”.

He also accused the prime minister of being obsessed with Big Ben and told Cummings he was the “****ing king around here and I’m going to do what I want”.

“I was sitting in No.10 with Boris and the complete **** is just babbling on about: ‘Will Big Ben bong for Brexit on the 31st of January?’ He goes on and on about this day after day,” Cummings said.

In the lengthy interview, Cummings accused Johnson of thinking of himself as “a Roman emperor”.

“The only thing he was really interested in — genuinely excited about — was, like, looking at maps. Where could he order the building of things?” Cummings said.

55 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Cummings going after Boris Johnson again. Amusing reading but I wish Cummings acknowledged his role in enabling Boris in the first place. 

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/dominic-cummings-says-boris-johnson-122118378.html

Cummings said Johnson was now “rattling around in there [No.10] and ****ing everything up for everyone and not doing the job properly”.

He also accused the prime minister of being obsessed with Big Ben and told Cummings he was the “****ing king around here and I’m going to do what I want”.

“I was sitting in No.10 with Boris and the complete **** is just babbling on about: ‘Will Big Ben bong for Brexit on the 31st of January?’ He goes on and on about this day after day,” Cummings said.

In the lengthy interview, Cummings accused Johnson of thinking of himself as “a Roman emperor”.

“The only thing he was really interested in — genuinely excited about — was, like, looking at maps. Where could he order the building of things?” Cummings said.

I win my £10 @yellowfever is indeed Dominic Cummings.

• Haha 1

Cummings always reminded me of one of those DIY SOS programs, you know the ones where someone overestimates their own skill and totally underestimates the effort and ability to remodel a house, and a camera crew turns up to find gigantic holes and bits hanging off everywhere.

We keep hearing "he's so clever" because he went to a £30k a term school,  he was desperate to leave the EU and then in his own words "found himself being asking to make decisions on matters he had no knowledge of". To top it all he helped put Boris in charge, fell out with his wife, and spends the rest of his days sniping at him.

• Like 1

It's all bollox really, isn't it. We don't need weapons or war, just a way to sanction the crooked leadership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/01/2022 at 09:45, PurpleCanary said:

Hermy, to be serious, the only way in which this really does end up as a stitch-up is if Gray's unredacted report never gets published. And I am reasonably confident that someone - Gray herself (who by all accounts is hoping mad about the redactions and seems pretty streetwise) or a leaker - will ensure it gets out there.

And unless they are very stupid Cressida D and the commander actually running the probe will know that (plus being afraid of damning new images emerging) and so will not be able to pull their punches. Because if they do it will eventually become apparent that's what they've done.

I am not naive about this kind of thing, and stitch-ups and cover-ups do happen, but the circumstances in this case make such difficult. And they are so many parties to this, including Johnson's enemies and/or rivals in the Tory party, who want the truth to come out.

I see Downing St is saying what Gray has sent is an 'update' on her investigations. The Guardian thinks this is an indication Gray intends sooner or later to publish the unredacted report. I think it probably does mean that but I also suspect it means something extra. That Gray does not necessarily consider even the unsent unredacted report to be her last word, and that if the Met finds out new Partygate scandal then she will add that in.

The Sun's Tom Newton Dunn:
"I'm told Gray's use of the word 'update' to describe what she has handed to No10 rather than 'report' is very pregnant. Because of the omissions forced by the Met, she is adamant it is not the finished article, and by implication should not be seen by anyone as the final word."
The significant point there is him saying 'Update' is Gray's description and not just what Downing Street has chosen to call it.
Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I see Downing St is saying what Gray has sent is an 'update' on her investigations. The Guardian thinks this is an indication Gray intends sooner or later to publish the unredacted report. I think it probably does mean that but I also suspect it means something extra. That Gray does not necessarily consider even the unsent unredacted report to be her last word, and that if the Met finds out new Partygate scandal then she will add that in.

Against the backdrop of the pandemic, when the Government was asking citizens to accept far-reaching restrictions on their lives, some of the behaviour surrounding these gatherings is difficult to justify. ii. At least some of the gatherings in question represent a serious failure to observe not just the high standards expected of those working at the heart of Government but also of the standards expected of the entire British population at the time. iii. At times it seems there was too little thought given to what was happening across the country in considering the appropriateness of some of these gatherings, the risks they presented to public health and how they might appear to the public. There were failures of leadership and judgment by different parts of No 10 and the Cabinet Office at different times. Some of the events should not have been allowed to take place. Other events should not have been allowed to develop as they did.