Well b back

Come on Sarah

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

According to todays "Times" it looks like my group will be started on before the end of December.👍

Looks like the N and N for you then Ricardo ?. Looks like in Norfolk your gps will set up separate hubs. Up here we are having mass drive through / walk through centres. Birmingham will have Villa Park, Edgbaston, Birmingham airport, NEC and Millenium Point ( for B postcodes ).

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/health/revealed-coronavirus-vaccine-hubs-in-norfolk-6600074

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Looks like the N and N for you then Ricardo ?. Looks like in Norfolk your gps will set up separate hubs. Up here we are having mass drive through / walk through centres. Birmingham will have Villa Park, Edgbaston, Birmingham airport, NEC and Millenium Point ( for B postcodes ).

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/health/revealed-coronavirus-vaccine-hubs-in-norfolk-6600074

Good news WBB. I expect my local practice at St Stephensgate will be our port of call as its where we have our yearly flu jabs. In any event the N & N is just a quick run up Earlham Rd so either would suit me and Mrs R, fine.

Just now, ricardo said:

Good news WBB. I expect my local practice at St Stephensgate will be our port of call as its where we have our yearly flu jabs. In any event the N & N is just a quick run up Earlham Rd so either would suit me and Mrs R, fine.

At the moment I reckon Pfizer will be best with the certainty it’s 95% but as it stands next week at least will only be via hospitals because of refrigeration needed. I would hazard a guess the mass inoculations will be when Oxford comes on board, but I reckon that might be near Christmas now.

Don’t want this getting political as we have avoided that, but this is what you get when politicians start to claim things like we are better than Europe and The US. You put Countries in a corner and they retaliate. Why couldn’t we just have said I am sure our friends and colleagues, who we have great respect for, will come to the same conclusions over the next few days. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55177948

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Don’t want this getting political as we have avoided that, but this is what you get when politicians start to claim things like we are better than Europe and The US. You put Countries in a corner and they retaliate. Why couldn’t we just have said I am sure our friends and colleagues, who we have great respect for, will come to the same conclusions over the next few days. 

Nothing to get excited about, the Yanks and the French do it all the time and most people don't bat an eyelid.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Yeah, I didn't really like that there seemed to be a bit of crowing.............. smacks of a lack of class..........would you believe  😉

• Like 2

Lots of articles in the Sunday papers about the quantity of vaccine doses arriving in UK, going to be well into next year before even the top two groups get a jab. We need to get the Oxford one up and run ASAP.

Not heard from  Well be back since Thursday on here or Norwich threads. I hope he is okay as he reported he and his family members had the virus. Need him back to update us on AstroZeneca etc. If you're reading @Well b back let us know you're fine.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Not heard from  Well be back since Thursday on here or Norwich threads. I hope he is okay as he reported he and his family members had the virus. Need him back to update us on AstroZeneca etc. If you're reading @Well b back let us know you're fine.

Hi

All well, thank you everybody. Isolation has not been fun but feel I am well on the road to recovery now, and should be able to declare myself COVID free on Wednesday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Well b back said:

Hi

All well, thank you everybody. Isolation has not been fun but feel I am well on the road to recovery now, and should be able to declare myself COVID free on Wednesday.

Thought it was strange having a Monday with no good news to report! Good luck with the rest of your recovery, hope you're over the worst of it!

Guess Oxford/AZ approval will have to wait until next Monday 😉

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

Hi

You may have gone for immunity the hard way but i do hope that you keep keeping an eye on things for the rest of us!

Hopefully you have timed it well for a stress free christmas period!

Such a relief to see the clip of the first vaccination on BBC news this morning !

They said it's 21 days to have the 2nd dose and immunity takes another 7 days or so from then, although as we know from this thread a level of protection is achieved earlier.

Also an interview with Hancock this morning.  He said the only vaccine prospect for before next April is the Oxford one and that's being checked out by the MHRA, he said don't expect any news on that for a couple of weeks and made it clear the timetable wouldn't be rushed (which has to be absolutely right).  So realistically the best we can now hope for on Oxford is approval in principle before Christmas and a serious roll-out to start in January.  Until then we've relatively limited numbers, (but at least the Pfizer vaccine has very high effectiveness which means it's a help to the people getting it first).

So fantastic news and there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel, but a while to go before we see serious improvement in things for all of us.

• Like 1

How wonderful seeing the lady vaccinated this morning.

Our journey is beginning to move to the end game, which will come when Oxford is approved. There is little to no info available on how that is going but I suspect it revolves around more people being given that 1/2 dose to see if it carries on having the amazing outcomes.

Just received by text from my GP surgery (I'm signed up so they can send text updates) :

"Please DO NOT contact the surgery regarding the COVID-19 vaccination.  We will contact you when you are eligible and we have the vaccine in stock.  Thank you ".

😄

• Like 1

On 07/12/2020 at 10:56, Well b back said:

Hi

All the best WBB. Glad to hear you and your family are on the way back. 

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Meanwhile in Russia Sputnik is getting rolled out as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55221785

Massive gamble to do this before the safety checks are completed.  The odds are good but if there's a problem the anti-vaxxers will go nuts worldwide.  Looks like it's actually different to the Oxford vaccine though !

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Well spotted TJ. Looking good for Christmas then at outside ?

Next few days I recon.

A joy to see people being vaccinated today.

Stay aware, lots of areas seeing infection rates rise again even before the Christmas spreading event. 

16 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Massive gamble to do this before the safety checks are completed.  The odds are good but if there's a problem the anti-vaxxers will go nuts worldwide.  Looks like it's actually different to the Oxford vaccine though !

Yes I thought that -18 to be stored at, but I suspect that if it really is Oxford they are not going to give the game away.

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Next few days I recon.

A joy to see people being vaccinated today.

Stay aware, lots of areas seeing infection rates rise again even before the Christmas spreading event. 

Yes I still suspect that as they keep talking about the mass vaccination centres opening 14th 15th and no way will we have enough Pfizer especially as Mr Trump has just signed an order with Pfizer.

Did you notice all the quees for the vaccine today for those that were going to be vaccinators ?.

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yes I still suspect that as they keep talking about the mass vaccination centres opening 14th 15th and no way will we have enough Pfizer especially as Mr Trump has just signed an order with Pfizer.

Did you notice all the quees for the vaccine today for those that were going to be vaccinators ?.

Indeed, bit of giveaway 😉

Sarah speaks on Radio 4

The Oxford coronavirus vaccine team has "no idea on timings" for when the British regulator could draw its conclusions about the jab, the lead researcher of the vaccine development programme at the university has said. 

The UK government has pre-ordered 100 million doses of the Oxford vaccine, but the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency has not yet decided whether to approve it.

Asked about when a decision could happen, Prof Sarah Gilbert told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "It's actually AstraZeneca, the manufacturers of the vaccine, who are working directly with the regulators and in parallel we have been working on the publication of the full data, which came out yesterday."

That data, published in The Lancet journal, showed the vaccine is safe and effective and gives good protection.

The UK's coronavirus vaccine rollout started on Tuesday after it became the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech jab.

So do they know something about Oxford ? We won’t even have millions of Pfizer doses by then.

It's the second day of the UK's mass Covid vaccination rollout, and we're continuing to hear positive sounds from the government about it.

Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove has said this morning that millions of people in the UK are likely to be vaccinated before the end of the year.

Asked on BBC Breakfast whether Health Secretary Matt Hancock was being "too ambitious" for making this pledge, as well as saying that vaccines would be administered in care homes before Christmas, Gove said: "No, I don't think so. I think millions of people will be vaccinated, and I think it's also the case that when it comes to getting vaccines into care homes that we do need appropriate preparations because, as we know, the vaccine needs to be stored until shortly before it's administered at temperatures below -70C. 

"It is the case that we're working with logistics experts in order to make sure that the numbers of vaccines can be parcelled up in such a way as to allow visits to care homes and all of the residents in care homes to be appropriately vaccinated, but it is a careful and staged process."

• Thanks 1

I guess more results are coming in daily, so even while they are awaiting confirmation you would think they could authorise for under 55’s and use our Pfizer on older members of the population.

Meanwhile, one of the key people behind another Covid vaccine developed by Oxford University and AstraZeneca has played down fears the jab may not be effective in older people.

Data published by the Lancet on Tuesday suggested there was a lack of certainty over the effectiveness of the vaccine in the over-55s.

Prof Sarah Gilbert said older people were only recruited into the trials later in the process, and the next trial results provided were likely to include information about how well the jab worked in people over the age of 55.

But she said there "was no difference" in the immune response seen in younger adults and people over 70 in earlier trials.

This meant the regulator could support licensing of the vaccine to the elderly, she said.

The vaccine is crucial to fast rollout as it is much easier to store and distribute, because it does not need to be kept at ultra-cold temperatures. There are more than 5 million doses of the vaccine currently in the country.

On 07/12/2020 at 10:56, Well b back said:

Hi

Hi WBB,

All clear now ? 🙂