Well b back

Come on Sarah

On 22/12/2020 at 13:40, CANARYKING said:

The delay in approving the Oxford vaccine is beginning to worry me, the longer it goes on the more I wonder if they have found something amiss.

Bumped to top of posts, Sunday Mirror forecasts chaos over lack of PPE, vaccines and vaccinators

He's no Ivor Cummins but he does seem to be a legitimate source of good information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Bumped to top of posts, Sunday Mirror forecasts chaos over lack of PPE, vaccines and vaccinators

Not accurate.  Here is a link to the actual Mirror article which just says a PPE style fiasco is “possible” but gives no reasons or sources for why that might happen.

People can read and form their own views but IMO having had months to prepare for the vaccine roll out I expect it to go generally well although I’m sure it won’t be perfect.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-to-rolled-23225009?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

2 hours ago, Herman said:

He's no Ivor Cummins but he does seem to be a legitimate source of good information.

That’s quite a claim and unless I have missed something over the last week or two far more effective than has ever been claimed? Maybe the new data supplied has changed the initial claims, or am I mistaken.

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That’s quite a claim and unless I have missed something over the last week or two far more effective than has ever been claimed? Maybe the new data supplied has changed the initial claims, or am I mistaken.

Reports coming out everywhere VW. They reckon ( Oxford-AstraZeneca ) they have found the missing link and it makes it 95%, but they can’t say more as it needs to be published, but the results are with the regulators. I will get reports up as they happen, but the tweeters are getting it from this interview. It’s not made up it’s come from Oxford.

https://news.sky.com/story/astrazeneca-boss-we-think-weve-figured-out-winning-formula-for-covid-vaccine-12173341

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Just a messenger in this one VW. The more knowledgeable will have to explain. (I did treble check that the guy was legitimate.)

• Like 1

It seems to be true. Reports now popping up in India and we know they are always right.

This would of course explain the delays. 

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Reports coming out everywhere VW. They reckon ( Oxford-AstraZeneca ) they have found the missing link and it makes it 95%, but they can’t say more as it needs to be published, but the results are with the regulators. I will get reports up as they happen, but the tweeters are getting it from this interview. It’s not made up it’s come from Oxford.

https://news.sky.com/story/astrazeneca-boss-we-think-weve-figured-out-winning-formula-for-covid-vaccine-12173341

Thanks Wbb ,I’ve not seen this before but it backs up the tweet Herman posted, let’s hope the MRHA confirm this....  roll on 2021!

Just now, Herman said:

Just a messenger in this one VW. The more knowledgeable will have to explain. (I did treble check that the guy was legitimate.)

I am eagerly watching Jenner website for a press release or tweets to appear on there. 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

It seems to be true. Reports now popping up in India and we know they are always right.

This would of course explain the delays. 

Yes it would, but worth the wait 👍

Just now, Van wink said:

Thanks Wbb ,I’ve not seen this before but it backs up the tweet Herman posted, let’s hope the MRHA confirm this....  roll on 2021!

I am thinking once the roll out start we should send this link to Sarah Gilbert, so she can see how normal ( no one thought we were normal in March even some of those that now support us ( don’t take that the wrong way even my wife thought I had gone mad ) now ) people followed her remarkable achievement from hope, through willing and eventually the result.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

I am thinking once the roll out start we should send this link to Sarah Gilbert, so she can see how normal ( no one thought we were normal in March even some of those that now support us ( don’t take that the wrong way even my wife thought I had gone mad ) now ) people followed her remarkable achievement from hope, through willing and eventually the result.

😁 attach it to your CV when you send it off

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

😁 attach it to your CV when you send it off

Do you know, like I said a few days ago, in March I didn’t even understand a virus, let alone how a vaccine works against it. I have also thought these people who claim to be self taught, must study 18 hours a day. 
With what these vaccines will now develop into over the next few years ( cancer protection to name but one ) I would love to travel the U.K. and ultimately the world in my last years, firstly encouraging people to take it, then helping gain funding for the next steps then being part of something like Covax.

I fear age ( 60 ) would be against me, but I must say I have found the last few months quite uplifting, and through this ( regards disease ) I can see the future for my kids and grandkids. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Do you know, like I said a few days ago, in March I didn’t even understand a virus, let alone how a vaccine works against it. I have also thought these people who claim to be self taught, must study 18 hours a day. 
With what these vaccines will now develop into over the next few years ( cancer protection to name but one ) I would love to travel the U.K. and ultimately the world in my last years, firstly encouraging people to take it, then helping gain funding for the next steps then being part of something like Covax.

I fear age ( 60 ) would be against me, but I must say I have found the last few months quite uplifting, and through this ( regards disease ) I can see the future for my kids and grandkids. 

So you should do Wbb. Travel is a great thing. I'm think too that having roving educational advocates would be a great idea.

Reminds me of what younger french roving apprentices did in centuries past ("compagnons de devoir") when they could arrive in a village and be taken in, fed and housed before moving on. In that day, their work was practical (blacksmiths, carpenters etc). Nowadays you can imagine different kinds of education or modern work!

And...It's said that 10000 hours (Gladwell) learning anything makes you a master. I bet you've put in many hours these last 9 months.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

So you should do Wbb. Travel is a great thing. I'm think too that having roving educational advocates would be a great idea.

Reminds me of what younger french roving apprentices did in centuries past ("compagnons de devoir") when they could arrive in a village and be taken in, fed and housed before moving on. In that day, their work was practical (blacksmiths, carpenters etc). Nowadays you can imagine different kinds of education or modern work!

And...It's said that 10000 hours (Gladwell) learning anything makes you a master. I bet you've put in many hours these last 9 months.

The easiest way to learn I find is to have a few set backs and make plenty of mistakes. Far quicker to learn from getting it wrong sometimes to a smooth journey when you don’t see the pit falls.

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The easiest way to learn I find is to have a few set backs and make plenty of mistakes. Far quicker to learn from getting it wrong sometimes to a smooth journey when you don’t see the pit falls.

Indeed. Especially learning things like a new language. It's the mistakes that are the most important things! Frustrating but true.

Waited till after midnight to see if late reports came out, but nothing. Guess I will be asleep now if the good news comes out in the morning.

This to me is really big, although as always I will take corrections. This is SAGE saying today that Oxford could reach herd immunity by the summer, with a 70 - 80 % uptake. Just last week it was at 62% we would need 90% to achieve herd immunity, so I guess they have been informed of the new efficacy rates.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-news-covid-vaccine-oxford-astrazeneca-lockdown-tier/

Andrew Pollard speaking again today

Prof Andrew Pollard, the chief investigator of the vaccine developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca, said they were hoping regulators would soon give their approval for its use.

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "They've got thousands of pages of data to review and they need to be given the time and space to do that."

Prof Pollard added: "There's been an enormous amount of work going between the suppliers of vaccines - in our case AstraZeneca - and government - to make sure that all of that pipeline is managed hour by hour to make sure that the distribution can happen."

Maybe it was Christmas, but considering the Oxford team  have been out and about the website has gone eerily quiet. This is usually a sign of an announcement as we know. Their trial page for COVID-19 no longer exists.

Have the New Years honours been announced yet ? Will we be seeing Dame Sarah Gilbert and Sir Andrew Pollard, and some of those early volunteers getting MBE’s or whatever you get for great service to your country.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Have the New Years honours been announced yet ? Will we be seeing Dame Sarah Gilbert and Sir Andrew Pollard, and some of those early volunteers getting MBE’s or whatever you get for great service to your country.

If there's any justice in this world WBB.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daz Sparks said:

It's coming WBB, they just have a lot to review I guess.

Indeed

I will now be shocked if it isn’t 95% let alone just approved.

2 more late nights max I hope then the job will be done.

I do hope they give the Oxford team ( and come to that the Pfizer husband and wife ) all the credit as just like us on here were laughed at for suggesting there would be a vaccine ( by September lol ) they had spent 4 years developing these vaccines when nobody believed them ( me included ) that there would be a new disease. I just thought these were things that happened in movies.

Another group of people that need to be in the headlines are the volunteers.

6 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

If there's any justice in this world WBB.

And I forgot that group of people that worked over the weekend when they received the simulation of the virus, that managed to develop a vaccine in 2 days.

Think that’s all of them lol