Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

59 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I think it's a given we should roll out the vaccine as fast as possible.  At the moment we're seeing about 3m doses a week.

Yes, things have been relaxed to a large degree, but there are still restrictions.  Keeping the remaining restrictions for the moment seems a good idea to allow the vaccine rollout to continue.  Just starting on the under 30s so a few weeks will allow for a lot of them to get the first jab.

Agreed there will be delay but it will be sold as a political fudge.

Obviously the Delta variant is spinning out of control but people won't take real note until hospitalizations pick up considerably  - by which time the damage is done.

They say they are desperate to everyone jabbed then Sole Bay Southwold stops doing them, we’re doing over 1,000 a day, have they stopped anywhere else ?

Hancock -

12,383 Delta variant identified:
464 - presented at Emergency Care
126 - hospitalised, of these:
- 83 - unvaccinated
- 28 - 1 dose
- 3 - 2 doses

Infection figures seem to be moving pretty quickly now, clearly we are at the beginning of another wave, let’s see how this one plays out. 
image.thumb.png.adc60e4c42d989011d2d07deb5c81086.png

10 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Infection figures seem to be moving pretty quickly now, clearly we are at the beginning of another wave, let’s see how this one plays out. 

Kids now back from 1/2 term too. That seems to be a strong vector.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Kids now back from 1/2 term too. That seems to be a strong vector.

Lots of school based outbreaks.

Today’s Times reckons 21st June is a no no, will be extended by “ about two weeks “ Robert Peston, yes I know, has it for “ at least “ four weeks. Either way I think 21/6 is knackered and this could go on well into the Autumn, can’t see us going back to CR for quite a while yet.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Today’s Times reckons 21st June is a no no, will be extended by “ about two weeks “ Robert Peston, yes I know, has it for “ at least “ four weeks. Either way I think 21/6 is knackered and this could go on well into the Autumn, can’t see us going back to CR for quite a while yet.

I would be very surprised if they hit the 21 June deadline, there may be some further piecemeal opening but no more. If they fook up the vaccine advantage that we now have the government is toast.

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I would be very surprised if they hit the 21 June deadline, there may be some further piecemeal opening but no more. If they fook up the vaccine advantage that we now have the government is toast.

Yes, the political risks of a 'no-excuses' large third wave would surely finish off the hapless government. 

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes, the political risks of a 'no-excuses' large third wave would surely finish off the hapless government. 

Hmmm....... 😉

Just now, Herman said:

Hmmm....... 😉

Yes - I can see Johnson hanging  from that zip wire all over again....

Weekly rolling rate  for new infections now at 38k from just 14k around 2-3 weeks ago. Deaths to on the rise but very small so far..back to double figures a day at 10. As Ricardo said hospital admissions staying steady   right now and still under 1k a week.

So definitely a 3rd wave but important differences to the previous two  as the vaccination program is doing its thing, for sure the unvaccinated under 30s are taking the brunt of this Delta variant. Ive said for a couple weeks now that things should stay as they are and yes for maybe thru the summer. no more easing until many more youngs un  are dosed, but no tightening either...not unless deaths and hospital admissions go thru the roof, of which there is no sign of that as yet.

Dont see a full house at the Carra for another entire season but likely 'X' number of thousands with obvious  measures, maybe slowly increasing with time...we can but hope.

34 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Dont see a full house at the Carra for another entire season but likely 'X' number of thousands with obvious  measures, maybe slowly increasing with time...we can but hope.

Once we are all double jabbed and if the vaccine remains effective there is no reason why there shouldn’t be a full house. 

38 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Weekly rolling rate  for new infections now at 38k from just 14k around 2-3 weeks ago. Deaths to on the rise but very small so far..back to double figures a day at 10. As Ricardo said hospital admissions staying steady   right now and still under 1k a week.

So definitely a 3rd wave but important differences to the previous two  as the vaccination program is doing its thing, for sure the unvaccinated under 30s are taking the brunt of this Delta variant. Ive said for a couple weeks now that things should stay as they are and yes for maybe thru the summer. no more easing until many more youngs un  are dosed, but no tightening either...not unless deaths and hospital admissions go thru the roof, of which there is no sign of that as yet.

The biggest issue is a serious trend of under thirties not going to have vaccines and certainly won’t have their children vaccinated. It’s a concern.

Edited by Indy

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

The biggest issue is a serious trend of under thirties not going to have vaccines and certainly won’t have their children vaccinated. It’s a concern.

Not the under 30’s I know, my kids have signed up today as soon as it became available, as have their mates

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Not the under 30’s I know, my kids have signed up today as soon as it became available, as have their mates

There’s a large munger of my friends kids and they’re all talking about not having the vaccine, it’s a large number on my Facebook saying the same. I think there’s a wave of these younger folk looking at not vaccinating. Will be interesting to see the numbers getting the vaccine in the younger age group.

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

Once we are all double jabbed and if the vaccine remains effective there is no reason why there shouldn’t be a full house. 

I think thats a given VW. But do you think pre game will be back to normal?

10 hours ago, Indy said:

There’s a large munger of my friends kids and they’re all talking about not having the vaccine, it’s a large number on my Facebook saying the same. I think there’s a wave of these younger folk looking at not vaccinating. Will be interesting to see the numbers getting the vaccine in the younger age group.

Maybe there will be a change of mind among those folk if proof of vaccination is required for some activities. I think there were figures on the BBC last night showing encouraging numbers, I can understand why there may be more reluctance though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think thats a given VW. But do you think pre game will be back to normal?

If stadia are back to full capacity then yes. I really do think we need some form of vaccine passport, it’s our only of getting back to normality IMO, when of course there are sufficient of us all vaccinated.

Under 25s may need to be incentivised somehow, but either way I expect that cohort will take far longer to vaccinate.

I doubt they will be prepared to queue as long as I did for my 2nd jab!

It would be reckless to not extend the roadmap. Apply a two week lag factor to existing numbers and it starts to look quite concerning even before you apply another 2 weeks in actual data. We know this virus gets exponential very quickly.

The way Bolton has been controlled is a key way to implement this battle with the Variant, it’s critical to control the outbreaks.

The good news is vaccinated are well protected from hospitals and death, meaning there’s little to concern us from the variant as long as we keep up the vigilance and vaccine uptake.

Like I said, as long as the numbers lead us we move forwards and learn, if this means a delay to full opening then so be it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Maybe there will be a change of mind among those folk if proof of vaccination is required for some activities. I think there were figures on the BBC last night showing encouraging numbers, I can understand why there may be more reluctance though.

I think the young are generally quite keen - those in my experience anyway. If they are at all clued up they see the advantages and in particular the long covid issues more clearly.

The 'hesitant' exist in all age groups.

No nightclub entry without a vaccine ? No bingo clubs for our older cohorts ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

No nightclub entry without a vaccine ? No bingo clubs for our older cohorts ?

Any chance of free sausages?

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Any chance of free sausages?

No blue nuns for you either 🙂

(Apparently available on BK8)

National

7540 - 6

numbers continue to rise amongst the unvax'd cohorts.

Local

image.png.d5e9eb4cce242e1ba54aaccc63ccd4de.png

image.thumb.png.0cad7a986f9adfd3772a6d842f718da3.png

image.thumb.png.2a85ef3368ef4499c016d105ac11e46b.png

• Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 17:28, Van wink said:

image.thumb.png.adc60e4c42d989011d2d07deb5c81086.png

image.thumb.png.3c3ffc04b669d153b67d9104e5d59468.png

Will be over 20,000 cases on Zoe in a weeks time. Twice as transmissible as feared.