Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Decent windows

Looking to double glaze front and back. I know Ted Moult recommended Everest a while back but I’m not sure the company still exist. Maybe Anglia are still the daddies in this field ? 

For god’s sake, don’t invite Anglian into your house, you’ll never get rid of the sales person.

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hearing good reports about Windows Plus UK. Has anyone had dealings with them ? 

Dreadful.

image.png.ae397047b2d1c30e9266331b0078777c.png

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hearing good reports about Windows Plus UK. Has anyone had dealings with them ? 

They did a very good job on replacing all the windows on my house about 15 years ago.

After they'd finished the blokes who did the job told me that a small firm wouldn't have touched the job because most of my wooden frames were rotten. 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

They did a very good job on replacing all the windows on my house about 15 years ago.

After they'd finished the blokes who did the job told me that a small firm wouldn't have touched the job because most of my wooden frames were rotten. 🙂 

Do they stick to the quoted prices ? Kind of lads who clean up after too ? 

Anglian were brilliant for us.  Replaced all the windows, Front door, side door.  Gutters and down pipes, soffits etc.  Had no problems with the salesman, in fact he came up with ideas to reduce the price.  The surveyor who turns up after you accept the quote, solved a bay window problem that had been ongoing for at least 20 years for £100, no more problems.  Stuck to quote, turned up when they said.  Have no hesitation in recommending.

Anglian did a good job for us and they do give a long guarantee. I didn't have to redecorate after they had been and we had 10 windows and two doors.

The sales guy we had looked like a drinker with his purple nose so he was quickly in and out.

Assumed this was just a joke thread , been turned into something useful.

Tip for anyone ordering higher efficiency glazing (mad not to - false economy, aside from the environmental savings) such as A or better -

ensure they deliver them to your house with the order details stickers and energy rating label stickers still on them. And check they match your order before letting them go in.

Out of our last two glazing projects over the years, one set was delivered without labels, & the other with incorrect (worse) specifications. A lucrative error for installers to ‘accidentally’ purchase low end while charging you high end. Because without checking the labels you can’t tell the difference.

http://www.gr8glass.co.uk/

Matt Turner has 25 years experience and did an excellent job for me at a reasonable price. And he has a season ticket 💛💚

Don't pay any attention to long term guarantees offered by bigger companies, especially Anglian Home Improvements (Anglian Windows). You are relying on them to remain solvent which can't be guaranteed!

I had a ridiculous quote from Anglian which I declined. They phoned me back a couple of months later and offered me 50% off! 

First home improvements avoid at all cost quoted huge prices at first then knocked a load off but still expensive we said no after having salesman in our house for four hours then kept ringing us every week for months 

Edited by Yellowhammer

I used Leekes a few years ago. Excellent quality, reasonable price.

And if you say I recommended them, I get £250 worth of vouchers  to spend in their shop so, on that basis, please pick them.

5 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Castle Windows in Norwich are the ones!

The castle doesn't have windows, it would have made things very difficult for the archers.

30 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The castle doesn't have windows, it would have made things very difficult for the archers.

I mean, I know The Archers is the longest running soap in Britain, but as far back as the days that the castle was still used for fortification purposes?

Wow.

Edited by BobLoz3

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Do they stick to the quoted prices ? Kind of lads who clean up after too ? 

As I said, it was 15 years back, but they stuck to the quoted price with me and yes, they cleaned up after. 

7 hours ago, Herman said:

image.png.ae397047b2d1c30e9266331b0078777c.png

Is this the back of the Sir Bobby Robson Stand at Scum HQ ? 😂

Edited by TIL 1010

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Mixed bag of experiences on here but plenty of positive feedback too. How long would the work take (front and back) I’m guessing 2/3 days ? 

2 days should do it.  If you've got any asbestos floating around like we did, Anglian will sort all that for you too.

10 hours ago, OldRobert said:

2 days should do it.  If you've got any asbestos floating around like we did, Anglian will sort all that for you too.

That could be a problem as they found that hazard when trying to fit a smart meter last year.

Windows plus defitnely the way to go. I had a lot of quotes from Norfolk companies for our bi fold doors, windows and French doors. Windows plus we're by far the cheapest and I can highly reccomend. 

Anglia home improvements seemed the most expensive, although they did phone me in december saying they had some discounts in the new year. 

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That could be a problem as they found that hazard when trying to fit a smart meter last year.

Might put a bit more time on the job, regulations are strict, but Anglian took all the grief out of it.  Ours is a '72 built Bungalow.

Edited by OldRobert