Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fiery Zac

Women’s World Cup

Recommended Posts

Anyone been watching? Entertaining stuff so far this week.

England v Scotland a good game so far, open and maybe not as physical as the men’s game but they’re getting stuck in. 

VAR penalty caused some debate amongst commentators and pundits, I thought it was a pretty obvious one. Yes little time to react but arm was in an unnatural position and under new rules is a pen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely hit her arm and her arm was making her body unnaturally bigger. That’s the new definition of a pen/free kick for handball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quality is pretty poor, I’ll keep an eye on how England get on but won’t be watching many matches if they’re anything like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Where does she put her hands when jumping ?

 

The ruling suggests somewhere it doesn’t make her body ‘unnaturally bigger’. You see it more and more in the men’s game, players with both hands behind their back. New ruling will give some harsh decisions but that’s the new rule and all clubs/countries will be aware of it. Don’t give the ref/VAR the chance to penalise you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Quality is pretty poor, I’ll keep an eye on how England get on but won’t be watching many matches if they’re anything like this

I bet you will if Hope Solo continues to commentate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

image.thumb.png.5469a11021575f8a5fb4cea56e847bb6.png

That’s really demeaning to the women’s game. They’re professional footballers just like their male counterparts.

Edited by Hoola Han Solo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

image.thumb.png.5469a11021575f8a5fb4cea56e847bb6.png

Don't really see anything wrong with showing this - she is a beautiful footballer - and this is a photo she has posed for - no one made her do it. Seems like men complaining on behalf of women for the sake of it. I wonder if a woman put a picture on here of Mario Vrancic posing in just his shorts, would other women stand up and complain?

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't really see anything wrong with showing this - she is a beautiful footballer - and this is a photo she has posed for - no one made her do it. Seems like men complaining on behalf of women for the sake of it. I wonder if a woman put a picture on here of Mario Vrancic posing in just his shorts, would other women stand up and complain?

 

 

 

so in the various threads about our players over the course of the season how many times have people said 'yeah i bet you're gonna carry on watching norwich while vrancic is playing' with a picture of him in his shorts? this is virtually the only thread about womens football and it didn't even get a page of replies before someone implied that it's worth watching because one of the pundits is fit?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jk147 said:

so in the various threads about our players over the course of the season how many times have people said 'yeah i bet you're gonna carry on watching norwich while vrancic is playing' with a picture of him in his shorts? this is virtually the only thread about womens football and it didn't even get a page of replies before someone implied that it's worth watching because one of the pundits is fit?

I dunno, i just think people reacting badly to Til's post are being a bit too pc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jk147 said:

yep.

What is your point, you plainly think I am wrong, yet you haven't explained why, other than to imply it is wrong to find a woman attractive and say so?   Maybe there are more men than women on here, not that it makes any difference, but if there were more women posting, maybe they would not object to a photo of a scantily dressed male. if i could be bothered I'd look back and find the posts I remember where Grant Holt was idolised from a female point of view and then after that, Lafferty (believe it or not).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just Googled for Hope Solo images. None of the first 200 I found featured her in a bikini.

Women don’t have to be virtually naked to be attractive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What is your point, you plainly think I am wrong, yet you haven't explained why, other than to imply it is wrong to find a woman attractive and say so?   Maybe there are more men than women on here, not that it makes any difference, but if there were more women posting, maybe they would not object to a photo of a scantily dressed male. if i could be bothered I'd look back and find the posts I remember where Grant Holt was idolised from a female point of view and then after that, Lafferty (believe it or not).

 

i don't really want to argue with you as we clearly disagree on it. I just think that when people are athletes at the highest level it is poor to reduce them to a base level of attractiveness. Hope Solo has 202 caps two Olympic gold medals and a world cup to her name. The point is there are 1000's of threads about football and you are talking about grant holt and lafferty who have not played for the club in years, the first thread in a very long time on womens football took less than 10 posts for it to reference attractiveness. I do not think it is wrong to view women as attractive, the perception that male athletes are viewed as athletes first and female athletes are viewed as females first is damaging. I think if you scroll through every thread on pinkun about womens football there will probably be a post about the attractiveness of the players. I imagine you probably disagree with everything I've said here so I'm happy to agree to disagree. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, M the Canary said:

She poised like that for people to admire her body and we are obliging 

Crack on then (or crack one off if you want).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I dunno, i just think people reacting badly to Til's post are being a bit too pc.  

and didn't take long, the first refuge of the bigot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as well TIL didn’t post the naked pictures that Hope Solo happily posed for.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd enjoy women's football more if the standard of goalkeeping wasn't so shocking tbh. So yeah, I was always a fan of Fran Kirby myself. Not so much these days but she was lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×