Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Will we soon be looking for new sponsors?

Article in Racing Post today by CE of Ladbrokes & Coral (GVC) says " GVC is also calling on the industry and the football governing bodies to ban adverts on match-side hoardings at football grounds, with the group announcing it is to unilaterally end all shirt sponsorship deals with UK football teams".

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/gvc-pushes-for-end-to-all-uk-sports-betting-broadcast-advertising/377458

Not a massive fan of the logo but not issue with betting companies in general sponsoring football teams.

So, a couple of things about this.

We signed a three year sponsorship deal with Leo Vegas back in 2017/18 season. By that logic, we would still have a year to run with them... However, someone also mentioned that there was a 'get out' clause if we were to reach the heights of the Prem. Presumably so that we could look for a more lucrative deal.

I don't know the actual answer but we may well have someone new plastered across the shirts next season.

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

A good chance to upgrade from a dodgy Swedish betting company to a dodgy Chinese betting company.  

BetFled ?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

BetFled ?

Bit racist?

(and before anyone replies, you have to read this thread first 🙂

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Bit racist?

I would have thought it is either racist or not

44 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can’t say this thread didn’t cross my mind when I saw Bill’s comment 😉

It was a joke at the expense of 'far east' folk not being able to pronounce L or R, just as the French have trouble with 'th'

No one is concerned about about using the word ze, instead of 'the' when talking French

Similarly US citizens are unable to pronounce the letter 't', instead replacing it with the letter 'd'

those are known and accepted facts, not an attempt to mock other folk for perceived 'failings' that make them lesser, just as everyone I know in Norfolk pronounces the word beauty as booty and any comment is based on that being

rather than generalisations that are based on a wish to denigrate someone

• Like 2

From this point on, a plea to everyone just to read the other thread linked above ! Whatever you wanted to say here... it has possibly already been said on there and at great length! :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

Oh I dunno, I reckon there's another six or seven pages in this yet.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

Similarly US citizens are unable to pronounce the letter 't', instead replacing it with the letter 'd'

So true, impossible to get a glass of water, you have to ask for “warder” instead, (this general  “t” to “d” rule does not appear to apply to swear words) also stress the “h” in vehicle to say “vee-hicle”, but make sure to drop the “h” from herb and say “erb” instead. 

Edited by Surfer

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I like the Hard Rock Cafe logo on the shirts of our American 'feeder Club,  maybe a tie up with them. 

I like the idea of an American 'feeder' club, because I can make a stereotypical joke about how fat Americans are in an attempt to reignite the argument.

• Haha 1

I like the idea of an American 'feeder' club, because I can make a stereotypical joke about how fat Americans are in an attempt to reignite the argument.

On 25/04/2019 at 18:43, Bill said:

BetFled ?

And there was innocent me thinking it was just a clever pun about Betfred fleeing the sponsorship market...:classic_huh:

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

How about Huawei? We could then do what Leeds did without having to move a muscle.

👍 on the other hand  everyone associated with the club would probably be denied a visa to visit Tampa, so how about getting Pukki to hit up his contacts at Nokia instead? 

23 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh I dunno, I reckon there's another six or seven pages in this yet.

Please God, no.

Can't do it again. Is there an 'ignore' button for a whole thread?

on the other hand  everyone associated with the club would probably be denied a visa to visit Tampa, so how about getting Pukki to hit up his contacts at Nokia instead? 

Stick with us Cornish. We have all the lithium needed for future use in phone batteries and of course electric vehicles.

On 25/04/2019 at 13:55, Surfer said:

So true, impossible to get a glass of water, you have to ask for “warder” instead, (this general  “t” to “d” rule does not appear to apply to swear words) also stress the “h” in vehicle to say “vee-hicle”, but make sure to drop the “h” from herb and say “erb” instead. 

Wait until you hear the word ‘wash’ pronounced ‘warsh’. It’s a midwestern linguistic response that is mind boggling.

Anyway, back on the original topic, I would indeed like to see a new sponsor. Given the choice I’d rather not have a betting company, but truly, I’m more concerned with how the kit looks. The LV logo looks crap. I would like to revisit Aviva since the logo featured Norwich Cathedral.