Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

The Brexit FTA

I'm beginning to think we had imbeciles in charge of this and the negotiations. The one thing that Brexit seemed to be about vs economics was fishing. It also seems to be the thing that Frost, Johnson, Gove and whatever have made the biggest hash of. Either that or Brexit as in leaving the SM for the fisherman was always going to be a disaster (as anybody could and did tell them) and they were truly idiotic to vote for and be caught hook line and sinker by Farage.

If this is the mess fishing is in it doesn't bode well for anything else  they've 'negotiated' - as we can see.

A Positive Brexit Thread makes as much sense as a hedgehog in a condom factory!  I've positively been waiting for replacement printer cartridges for 2 months thanks to the wonders of Brex****!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Not sure why you all bother to keep punching Swindon. If this was a boxing match, the fight would have been stopped, or he would have been in intensive care.

My question is this. Can anyone point to one case where Swindon, confronted with absolute-proof rebuttal evidence of what he has posted, has held up his hands and admitted he was wrong?

For example, even though I and others directly quoted a statement from Honda that admitted Brexit was part of the reason it was closing that factory he has kept on claiming the company's position was that Brexit had not been a factor and had never said otherwise.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

A Positive Brexit Thread makes as much sense as a hedgehog in a condom factory!  I've positively been waiting for replacement printer cartridges for 2 months thanks to the wonders of Brex****!

Why aren't you growing your own printer cartridges from British printer cartridge seeds?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Why aren't you growing your own printer cartridges from British printer cartridge seeds?

Or more to the point using a good old true blue British hand-operated John Bull printing set🇬🇧 rather than some bit of Taiwanese electrical nonsense?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I ALWAYS PUT A LINK UP TO MY POSTS NOW.

good, as I would hate anyone to associate you with the 'missing link'

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or more to the point using a good old true blue British hand-operated John Bull printing set🇬🇧 rather than some bit of Taiwanese electrical nonsense?!

You're both scoundrels; what's wrong with a patriotic quill fresh plucked from a plump British Goose?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

My question is this. Can anyone point to one case where Swindon, confronted with absolute-proof rebuttal evidence of what he has posted, has held up his hands and admitted he was wrong?

For example, even though I and others directly quoted a statement from Honda that admitted Brexit was part of the reason it was closing that factory he has kept on claiming the company's position was that Brexit had not been a factor and had never said oitherwise.

Absolutely true Purple. But just like my morning routine of repeatedly punching my Trump doll, I think I might feel a little lost if I didn't engage in the daily duty of pointing out Swindon's buffoonery. I admit I probably need help for my addiction.

18 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

SC is a simpleton, RTB is in the gutter looking down, Jool's is well frankly delusional and PM is quite often simply beyond the pale.

I know its tempting to try and correct like an exasperated school teacher some of their most egregious comments (sadly last night I got drawn into one as well) but in truth its totally hopeless as they are all it seem beyond rational factual argument.

In that there lies however a deeper truth - most on here have fairly fixed views (the rational vs irrational it oft seems) and we aren't really trying to persuade the unpersuadable whatever the facts - but the 'floating' voter who may be amenable to realities.

However, I tend to think of them all as prime examples of base humanity and all that is rotten and wrong with the UK. Much like Trump was the same for the USA.

Keep it up, Mr. Recruiting Sergeant. You are doing a great job!

5 hours ago, Herman said:

And the grifting continues. Caroline Treble-Barreled-Surname, friend of Hatt Mancock, horse breeder, gets a big fat PPE contract. End of Soviet era type thievery.

You were p1ssing all over the appointment of Kate Bingham. Perhaps a little humility would not be out of place 

Edited by Rock The Boat

4 hours ago, BigFish said:

Funny how the Little Englanders spend all their time arguing that Brexit is about protecting UK rights & jobs and then complain if the EU does the same. Who is going to economically protect the Brits now we are no longer part of a large bloc and have been reduced to an inefficient mid-tier nation by this decision.

And also that some of those who post on here where quick to praise Trump for his America first policy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I suspect the world has moved on, and this is far from the truth. What would they be recruiting for? We have left, and every day there is evidence that Brexit has bureaucracy, financial and employment costs. There has been no Brexit dividend, in fact it is a little bit ****. There is a solid core of Leavers who will not change their minds, but that is backward looking. Most sane people have, or will, let go of this boring monomania. The country has been damaged, we need the means to repair it and move on.

37 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You're both scoundrels; what's wrong with a patriotic quill fresh plucked from a plump British Goose?

We only have those Canadian feckers round our way. So much for taking back control of our borders. 

16 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You were p1ssing all over the appointment of Kate Bingham. Perhaps a little humility would not be out of place 

I think it was the hundreds of thousands of pounds she was spending on PR consultants that was quite shocking. 

But fair enough, the government look to have got her appointment spot on. Just a shame all the others stink of corruption and failure. A smell you are probably used to. 

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think it was the hundreds of thousands of pounds she was spending on PR consultants that was quite shocking. 

But fair enough, the government look to have got her appointment spot on. Just a shame all the others stink of corruption and failure. A smell you are probably used to. 

I think KB basically used a money no object, accept any and all liabilities, scatter gun approach. On that basis she was bound to get some winners if you buy enough lottery tickets. It may very well of been the best approach if you wanted the vaccine first - but as is now becoming apparent first (to be fair that was Pfizer as in a Western vaccine) isn't always best.

16 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The country has been damaged, we need the means to repair it and move on.

I would state it as being damaged, and will continue to be damaged for some considerable while yet ie years

Other non EU countries have developed trade elsewhere that has been built up over decades. What the UK has done is to pit huge barriers, costs and red tape on nearly half of its trade (EU)

Goods that were landed in the UK to be then distributed throughout the EU will no longer do so - meaning a closure of any number of distribution, and re-packaging businesses. Goods that are manufactured for export to the EU, will slowly be moved to be manufactured in the EU

This will not come as some 'big bang' but as a gradual and continuous process as logistics and cost determine

So be aware, there is not some quick fix, or re-negotiation that will stop this. The UK decided to leave the EU, to become a third country.

The only question now, is how much of a third world country it might become

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

And who knows whether a better appointment could have been made if the position had been opened up to competition. For every Kate Bingham we seem to get several in the mould of Dido Harding who has been a walking catastrophe. And let's not forget all those PPE purchasing contracts awarded to Tory chums without any process of competitive tendering, that have lead to hundreds of millions being wasted on unusable equipment. Strange really, given that "competition" is supposed to be an indispensible principle of right-wing thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Just an observation - And your current comments today are entirely in keeping. 

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

. Strange really, given that "competition" is supposed to be an indispensible principle of right-wing thinking.

the competition is about who gets his snout furthest into the trough

ps what about the school meal scam - one carrot and half a sandwich per kid

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think KB basically used a money no object, accept any and all liabilities, scatter gun approach. On that basis she was bound to get some winners if you buy enough lottery tickets. It may very well of been the best approach if you wanted the vaccine first - but as is now becoming apparent first (to be fair that was Pfizer as in a Western vaccine) isn't always best.

Fair dos to the government, the vacine programme looks like it is going to be a great success, although clearly not the silver bullet/game changer they claim.

That they were in a complete funk over the crisis, and lost complete control of government spending goes without saying.

All this convienently distracts the news agenda from Brexit, which has gone far, far worse than they could ever have been expecting.

9 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Fair dos to the government, the vacine programme looks like it is going to be a great success, although clearly not the silver bullet/game changer they claim.

That they were in a complete funk over the crisis, and lost complete control of government spending goes without saying.

All this convienently distracts the news agenda from Brexit, which has gone far, far worse than they could ever have been expecting.

Not complaining just pointing out she had in effect a clear mandate and a blank cheque-book.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Plausible??😀

You don't much from the s crotum faced grifter these days. I thought he had no shame, unless it is he really has nothing to say about the shambles he brought about.

Edited by BigFish

27 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You don't much from the s crotum faced grifter these days. I thought he had no shame, unless it is he really has nothing to say about the shambles he brought about.

Don't worry. He's still online grifting with "Britain's Great Wealth Revival". 🤨

Now I try and be a little bit sympathetic to people that have been scammed,but if they can't see through this guy now then they deserve all they get.

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Don't worry. He's still online grifting with "Britain's Great Wealth Revival". 🤨

Now I try and be a little bit sympathetic to people that have been scammed,but if they can't see through this guy now then they deserve all they get.

Is he doing from the US? Or is he in the UK? Hopefully in the US with his mate Trump.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Which won't be a lot cos he owes the bookies big time after his Trump bet.

Or was that more likely just another Farage lie.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Is he doing from the US? Or is he in the UK? Hopefully in the US with his mate Trump.

I presume he is back here although I'd hope he was somewhere far, far away. Hopefully as ballast in one of the missions to Mars.😀

• Like 1