Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

explain how I'm telling lies by putting up that clip of MP's getting it all wrong. 

I look forward you posting a massive number of clips showing Brexiteer MPs getting it wrong. I'm especially keen to see you posting Johnson's claims about no border in the Irish sea, no delays at ports, frictionless trade, no tariffs, etc, etc. You're going to be very busy

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I look forward you posting a massive number of clips showing Brexiteer MPs getting it wrong. I'm especially keen to see you posting Johnson's claims about no border in the Irish sea, no delays at ports, frictionless trade, no tariffs, etc, etc. You're going to be very busy

Hoseflee  can you explain to me how I'm telling lies by putting up that clip of MP's getting it all wrong

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hoseflee  can you explain to me how I'm telling lies by putting up that clip of MP's getting it all wrong

Idiot! My point is about all the very many times Brexiteer MPs got it wrong and lied. Learn to read you buffoon.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Billy liar is absent so I'm waiting for his reply as you are much the same person, I thought you could answer, but proved wrong .

I'm sure it's not too late to get help for your intellectual retardation. If Forrest Gump had gone to your school you would still have been bottom of the class. Just for once, try to make a relevant point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I'm sure it's not too late to get help for your intellectual retardation. If Forrest Gump had gone to your school you would still have been bottom of the class. Just for once, try to make a relevant point.

that reply is not Brexit !

What will come first. The UK rejoining the EU or Swindo writing something worth reading?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

What will come first. The UK rejoining the EU or Swindo writing something worth reading?

Only one of those is a genuine possibility. I don't think anyone will struggle with the correct answer.

If you want to know how good Britain is looking at the equity markets. It's not news paper reports, it's real people backing Britain ! 

Edited by SwindonCanary

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If you want to know how good Britain is looking at the equity markets. It's not news paper reports, it's real people backing Britain ! 

Or if you prefer not to trust speculative money-makers who have no interest in a country's welfare, you can take a look at much more reliable economic guides like the IMF predictions:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/26/imf-downgrades-forecast-for-uk-economic-recovery

IMF downgrades forecast for UK economic recovery

Financial body says UK growth in 2021 will be lower than earlier forecasts, while global recovery will be stronger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55006982

It also said that a disconnect between financial markets and real economic activity poses risks to financial stability, while higher debt levels may make future investments more difficult.

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Gibraltar will crumble first

Has anyone checked if the ravens are still at the Tower? I have a funny feeling they may have ****ed off a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Has anyone checked if the ravens are still at the Tower? I have a funny feeling they may have ****ed off a long time ago.

Isolating apparently.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Or if you prefer not to trust speculative money-makers who have no interest in a country's welfare, you can take a look at much more reliable economic guides like the IMF predictions:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/26/imf-downgrades-forecast-for-uk-economic-recovery

IMF downgrades forecast for UK economic recovery

Financial body says UK growth in 2021 will be lower than earlier forecasts, while global recovery will be stronger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55006982

It also said that a disconnect between financial markets and real economic activity poses risks to financial stability, while higher debt levels may make future investments more difficult.

equity markets are far more reliable of forecast 

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

equity markets are far more reliable of forecast 

You really are an idiot! But do feel free to explain to us here why the IMF are wrong when they say "a disconnect between financial markets and real economic activity poses risks to financial stability, while higher debt levels may make future investments more difficult."

And do explain why you claim equity markets are a reliable guide to our future economic prospects. I can't wait to see your explanation Gumpy.

Edited by horsefly

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

simple =the financial markets react to daily events whilst the equity markets look at a longer term. 

Simpleton=you

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

simple =the financial markets react to daily events whilst the equity markets look at a longer term. 

So the equity markets are not financial markets?

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

So the equity markets are not financial markets?

Perhaps he’s confused by farmers markets, or Sunday markets?

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Perhaps he’s confused by farmers markets, or Sunday markets?

I really really do not want to try to understand what confuses Swindon. That way lies madness.🤓

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

I really really do not want to try to understand what confuses Swindon. That way lies madness.🤓

I stopped the day he stepped over the mark ! Strange one is he! Still he appears to entertain some posters on here.

Edited by Indy

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

"Confusion" is a mental state way beyond his intellectual capacity.

Edited by horsefly

5 hours ago, Herman said:

I think a monkey with a typewriter would achieve it quicker 😛

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I can tell you lot don't follow the markets, and you call me thick

FFS I suggest you take a little look at the history of market activity and then come back and tell us whether it is a reliable guide to our economic health. The markets exist primarily for investors to gamble on maximising their profits, and that has lead to the country being fu*cked over on numerous occasions.

13 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I think a monkey with a typewriter would achieve it quicker 😛

Bloody hell! You think it would take something as talented as a monkey. Think you might be overestimating him somewhat. 

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I can tell you lot don't follow the markets, and you call me thick

.....after years of being told by the Brexiteers that the markets didn't matter. When the currency dropped - "good for exports", when businesses posted losses/lost revenue from higher prices of imported materials - "badly run", when they can't sell/export their goods because of the paperwork - "badly run/can't fill in the right forms"

image.png.3acbd94fbdb42f9a1c770f32aa5c4948.png

• Haha 1