Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

9 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

,.... ust look at the number of times we put forward a motion, for it to be turned down.  

How many times was it? 

If it was not what he wanted, then why did he sign the WA. ?

Why did he claim that it was 'oven ready' if he knew it was not, and that he would try to weasel out of it ?

The EU signed in good faith and have stuck to the deal. so why would they agree to change anything - knowing that whatever was then signed the UK might again try to weasel out of it ?

And to try to 'threaten; the EU with no deal is akin to holding yourself hostage and threatening to kill yourself - utterly ridiculous, as so many industry  and political figures are currently pointing out

ps I I had lost that bet and tried to weasel out of paying up, would you trust me to have another bet ?

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

If it was not what he wanted, then why did he sign the WA. ?

Why did he claim that it was 'oven ready' if he knew it was not, and that he would try to weasel out of it ?

The EU signed in good faith and have stuck to the deal. so why would they agree to change anything - knowing that whatever was then signed the UK might again try to weasel out of it ?

And to try to 'threaten; the EU with no deal is akin to holding yourself hostage and threatening to kill yourself - utterly ridiculous, as so many industry  and political figures are currently pointing out

ps I I had lost that bet and tried to weasel out of paying up, would you trust me to have another bet ?

I'm aware you are upset because it's now certain that we are leaving but give it a rest Boris is doing what he was told to do and gave him an 80 majority 

9 hours ago, BigFish said:

Fantastic, I would love to see your working on this @Jools

He wouldn't have a clue BF - he is just repeating what he has been told to think. Unfortunately he and his ilk are manipulated and are impervious to the facts.

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'm aware you are upset because it's now certain that we are leaving but give it a rest Boris is doing what he was told to do and gave him an 80 majority 

E was merely correcting your lies

keep posting them and I will keep correcting them 😊

ps who told Johnson to accept an EU border INSIDE the UK

or have the WTO decide what tariffs the UK will pay

to spend money building costly lorry parks all over the south of the UK

spend money on 50,000 customs officials to deal with an extra 4 million forms per week

pay for a huge number of extra vets to deal with the increased paperwork

impose heavy charges on UK freight to permit lorry drivers to be able to drive on EU roads

to require UK travellers to the EU to pay for costly health insurance

to require pet owners to pay for costly vet bills if they want to take them to the EU.... etc

wouldn't all that money be better spent on the NHS ?

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

After all the trouble sorting the border out for the EU Boris and his team have now left up to the EU to sort it out. 

They were not signatories to the Good Friday agreement.

9 hours ago, Surfer said:

Time for a Tory revolt. 

There is no chance of this. They have sold their soul to the hard right. If you see what many Conservatives are posting on twitter, I fear that they have an increasingly weak belief in even the basics, like the rule of law.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

E was merely correcting your lies

keep posting them and I will keep correcting them 😊

ps who told Johnson to accept an EU border INSIDE the UK

or have the WTO decide what tariffs the UK will pay

to spend money building costly lorry parks all over the south of the UK

spend money on 50,000 customs officials to deal with an extra 4 million forms per week

pay for a huge number of extra vets to deal with the increased paperwork

impose heavy charges on UK freight to permit lorry drivers to be able to drive on EU roads

to require UK travellers to the EU to pay for costly health insurance

to require pet owners to pay for costly vet bills if they want to take them to the EU.... etc

wouldn't all that money be better spent on the NHS ?

TRY POINTING OUT THOSE LIES !

11 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

..... just look at the number of times we put forward a motion, for it to be turned down.  

Just out of curiosity how many times did they turn us down? 

Swindo! Swindo!          Swindo.        Swindo.               Swindo.             Swindo. 

SWINDO!!!!! 

How many times? 

TRY POINTING OUT THOSE LIES !

11 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

They were never our friends,  just look at the number of times we put forward a motion, for it to be turned down.  

Go on, prove me wrong and list them..... or some even

................................ maybe just the one then 🙄

Found it all you have to do is google it 

Over the past twenty years… there have been 72 occasions where the United Kingdom has opposed a particular measure. Of those 72 occasions, we have been successful precisely 0 times and we have lost 72 times.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Found it all you have to do is google it

Over the past twenty years… there have been 72 occasions where the United Kingdom has opposed a particular measure. Of those 72 occasions, we have been successful precisely 0 times and we have lost 72 times.

yes, that's what happens when you allow the public to have a vote and they elect MEPs to a Parliament, where they vote 🙃

ps if you were not so thick you would grasp that those 72 occasions were not motions put forward by the UK ..... as you seem to be stating

you really don't understand any of this, do you ?

Edited by Bill

So certain MEPs proposed an idea, the UK votes against and loses, as no doubt did others - that is how democracy works

MEPs are there to votee as they see best

Unfortunately you being as dimwitted as you are you don't even understand the most basic concepts of Parliamentary procedure

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The surprise would be if Johnson wasn’t going to try to renege on the WA. 

Frankly a broken pot makes most noise.

It's just a sign a desperation and weakness. Pathetic posturing.

That said - if he does attempt to break an international treaty which he only recently signed he will have a full scale rebellion on his hands in both the Commons and Lord with what's left of the 'honourable' Tory MPs. The UK should be a 'country' of its word - else all is lost.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

72 occasions, we have been successful precisely 0 times and we have lost 72 times.

Does that sound like our friends ? 

Here's the whole story, the real figure is 2%, not 0 out of 72. Sound like a decent success rate amongst friends. 😀

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-behind-claims-uk-influence/

In sum, it is correct that UK government ministers have sometimes been outvoted over EU laws, and the UK government has clearly voted ‘No’ on some issues that some sections of the British population think are important. 

In terms of the total volume of laws passed, the proportion of times the UK government has been on the “losing side” is small at about 2% since 1999.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I  think you are losing it 🤦‍♀️

pointing out your lies, is hardly 'losing it'

and the post above this one explains clearly how you have been shown lying........yet again

55 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Frankly a broken pot makes most noise.

It's just a sign a desperation and weakness. Pathetic posturing.

That said - if he does attempt to break an international treaty which he only recently signed he will have a full scale rebellion on his hands in both the Commons and Lord with what's left of the 'honourable' Tory MPs. The UK should be a 'country' of its word - else all is lost.

I think we were all expecting them to do something stupid but try and blame the EU. I'm not sure how they can pass the buck with this manoeuvre. 

72 occasions, we have been successful precisely 0 times and we have lost 72 times.

Does that sound like our friends ? 

Swindo was confusing the UK being on the losing side in votes and himself being on the losing side of an argument on this thread. 

He's 0 for 72. wait now it's 0 for 73

• Haha 1

Just now, NFN FC said:

Swindo was confusing the UK being on the losing side in votes and himself being on the losing side of an argument on this thread. 

He's 0 for 72. wait now it's 0 for 73

1=0 To me Billy liar said we would never leave the EU Whilst I said he was being stupid       😀😀 

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I think we were all expecting them to do something stupid but try and blame the EU. I'm not sure how they can pass the buck with this manoeuvre. 

The funniest thing is the arbiter or court to which any disputes on our 'implementation' of the NI protocol goes is the .... ECJ !

Unless of course he wants to tear up an international treaty completely that he signed only 9 months ago (and appears never read / understood) !

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

as I wrote point out where I lied , it's no good you saying  I'm telling them when you can't find 'em

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Lies, you are not aware of anyone's feelings 

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

1=0 To me Billy liar said we would never leave the EU Whilst I said he was being stupid       😀😀 

Yet to be seen as we are still there