Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

We are doing that, because as it stands Northern Ireland would be left behind a successful rest of Britain, this bring them back in with us.  A good move by the Brexit team as they knew what Northern Ireland was saying.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THE REST OF THE REMAINERS BELIVED IT ! 

24 minutes ago, Herman said:

If you can read this it looks like a deliberate attempt to scupper any trade deal.

https://www.ft.com/content/9906e0d4-0c29-4f5f-9cb0-130c75a2f7a7

Aye, the UK is planning new legislation that will override key parts of the WA risking the collapse of trade negotiations with Brussels 👍

afdabdfb-de55-452b-b000-43e4d45f1094-884d4288-bb5f-4407-9ff0-4d8833ba8bea

I can hear them choking on their oysters in Brussels from here 😃

4 hours ago, Herman said:

FFS. What a clown. 

I repeat. You are trashing your own country to teach people, who were friends and allies not that long ago, a lesson which they don't deserve.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Herman said:

I repeat. You are trashing your own country to teach people, who were friends and allies not that long ago, a lesson which they don't deserve.

They were never our friends,  just look at the number of times we put forward a motion, for it to be turned down.  

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

Johnson has simply lost control.

Lost control of Brexit

Lost control of Covid.

An oven ready self basting turkey if there ever was one.

If I was Barnier I'd give it this week then walk way. Buisness would like the clarity to hit the big red button however painful. Hopeless. Only fools keep arguing with fools.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tend to agree. They need to call the brexiters bluff or this nonsense will just grumble on. What a waste of time, effort and money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Tend to agree. They need to call the brexiters bluff or this nonsense will just grumble on. What a waste of time, effort and money. 

Johnsons latest epistle (for the dumbest Brexit voters only) is in response to the MEPs stating 31st October was the drop dead date for ratification of any deal. He couldn't have MEPs dictating the timescales!

Truth is he's playing poker with a poor hand against a pro. 

Sadly Brexit is a lesson some English need to learn the hard way. We'll be all the better and more rounded for it in a generation i.e 2030s and renter the real world.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

That's not what the official Vote Leave campaign told us

That's when they thought we could negotiate with them. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

See, Herminge, if you took the time to actually read any of my numerous posts on the subject of Brexit this last four years, you and your ilk wouldn't still be coming out with so much cr@p -- If you have read my posts and you're just being bloody-minded there's not much I can do about it, but please for the love of whatever you believe in, don't expect right-minded people to take you seriously

Now then, as your only argument for remaining in the EU has always been about the economy, allow me to present you with some figures (For the **** knows how many times) :

1) The UK buys more from the 27 than the 27 combined buy from us.

So using the figures 70 million (UK population) buys more from the 445 million (EU population) than they do from us.

2) The UK were the 2nd largest NET contributor to the EU -- The EU loses our contributions/VAT and WTO tariff payments (with no one to fill the void)

3) Lack of free access to our waters will cost the EU at least £60 BILLION a year.

4) The EU can no longer afford the CAP payments to France- once CAP is taken into consideration- France pays in less than £2 billion a year.

5) The UK is Germany's single largest car export customer

6) Irish contributions are to double next year- that along with CT harmonisation will cripple the Irish economy.

7) Under current trading levels- a WTO exit will cost the EU an additional £6 billion a year- whilst netting the UK around the same amount

😎 The EU produces not a single item that cannot be sourced elsewhere and for less.

9) The EU - despite quadrupling in size, has declined from 34% of world GDP to below 14% today -- Once we have left that figure will drop to 10-11%

10) The EU itself admits that 90% of growth will be outside the EU 👈 And there's the real clincher.

Trashing my country?

Nope, the EU have done that.

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jools said:

3) Lack of free access to our waters will cost the EU at least £60 BILLION a year.

Fantastic, I would love to see your working on this @Jools

Edited by BigFish

Just now, BigFish said:

Fantastic, I would love to see you working on this @Jools

Maybe you should do your own homework rather than asking somebody else to do it for you..

Where did you gain no O Levels, Costessy Secondary?

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Maybe you should do your own homework rather than asking somebody else to do it for you..

Where did you gain no O Levels, Costessy Secondary?

I see, you have nothing to back this up. I thought it was another of your fantasies/lies. Thank you for confirming.

• Thanks 1

The Donald Trump playbook.... act with complete impunity to voters and treaties. Time for a Tory revolt. 

It's in your face fraudulent behavior no-one should stand for. A test for every Conservative - your country or fascism? You now get to decide. Don't be like US Republicans who sold out their country for some Russian Rubles and permission to tear gas and shoot other Americans.

Fascism.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Before anyone says "there you go again with the Fascism accusation" - this is classic Fascist economic theory.

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete and regard the complete mobilization of society is necessary to prepare a nation to respond effectively to economic difficulties. Such a state is led by a strong leader to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society. Fascists advocate national economic self-sufficiency through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.

The UK is effectively declaring economic war on the EU by demanding it can hand out State aid without any restrictions while at the same time maintaining full access to EU markets. Such "nationalization" of industry is exactly what Fascist and Communist countries did between 1920's -1970's and we all know how that ends...

Fascism 2.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

That's not what the official Vote Leave campaign told us

Confirmation that you don't have a mind of your own 😀

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

They were never our friends,  just look at the number of times we put forward a motion, for it to be turned down.  

Yes they were. How many times was it? And what failed motions really upset you? 

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

That's when they thought we could negotiate with them. 

The UK has already negotiated, agreed and signed a deal - the Withdrawal Agreement. All that is happening is that Johnson is now trying to weasel out of it.

You had a bet with me, put bluntly, you lost.

But in all due respect you honoured your word, and paid up

Now why not tell us why Johnson should not stick to that level of integrity

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

We are doing that, because as it stands Northern Ireland would be left behind a successful rest of Britain, this bring them back in with us.  A good move by the Brexit team as they knew what Northern Ireland was saying.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THE REST OF THE REMAINERS BELIVED IT

As NI is not part of Britain it could not be left behind

The EU border does however split the UK into two

What is being done, is not the lie you state, but a means of allowing the EU to have a border to stop, among many things, filthy food from the US getting into the EU

Instead of that border being between the two Irelands, which would break an international treaty, the UK has backed down on what it said and allowed an EU border to be on UK sovereign territory

So much for taking back control of 'our' borders, eh mouse brain ?

7 hours ago, Jools said:

See, Herminge, if you took the time to actually read any of my numerous posts on the subject of Brexit this last four years, you and your ilk wouldn't still be coming out with so much cr@p -- If you have read my posts and you're just being bloody-minded there's not much I can do about it, but please for the love of whatever you believe in, don't expect right-minded people to take you seriously

Now then, as your only argument for remaining in the EU has always been about the economy, allow me to present you with some figures (For the **** knows how many times) :

1) The UK buys more from the 27 than the 27 combined buy from us.

So using the figures 70 million (UK population) buys more from the 445 million (EU population) than they do from us.

2) The UK were the 2nd largest NET contributor to the EU -- The EU loses our contributions/VAT and WTO tariff payments (with no one to fill the void)

4) The EU can no longer afford the CAP payments to France- once CAP is taken into consideration- France pays in less than £2 billion a year.

5) The UK is Germany's single largest car export customer

6) Irish contributions are to double next year- that along with CT harmonisation will cripple the Irish economy.

7) Under current trading levels- a WTO exit will cost the EU an additional £6 billion a year- whilst netting the UK around the same amount

😎 The EU produces not a single item that cannot be sourced elsewhere and for less.

9) The EU - despite quadrupling in size, has declined from 34% of world GDP to below 14% today -- Once we have left that figure will drop to 10-11%

10) The EU itself admits that 90% of growth will be outside the EU 👈 And there's the real clincher.

Trashing my country?

Nope, the EU have done that.

You silly fifth column chump. None of this propaganda has any positive of Brexit. It's all vindictive ways of how you want to stitch up the EU, the one we were members of. 

You have trashed your own country and the only thing you can write is how we are going to trash other countries. Pathetic really. 

And no, of course I don't read most of your nonsense. There's zero positive or enlightening. It is simple and dull propaganda which anyone with a brain saw through a long time ago. Probably why Swindo gave you a like. 

• Like 1

That is at Swindo levels of lying - as it makes no sense whatsoever

which again does show your complete lack of understanding of any of this

However do feel free to explain 😅

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

As NI is not part of Britain it could not be left behind

The EU border does however split the UK into two

What is being done, is not the lie you state, but a means of allowing the EU to have a border to stop, among many things, filthy food from the US getting into the EU

Instead of that border being between the two Irelands, which would break an international treaty, the UK has backed down on what it said and allowed an EU border to be on UK sovereign territory

So much for taking back control of 'our' borders, eh mouse brain ?

Don't think you understand. The DUP were complaining that as Northern Ireland were staying almost the as the part of the EU they were complaining the the forward plans were leaving them out of it, they can see how we are about to do better than the EU.

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Don't think you understand. The DUP were complaining that as Northern Ireland were staying almost the as the part of the EU they were complaining the the forward plans were leaving them out of it, they can see how we are about to do better than the EU.

Unsurprisingly, that make no sense whatsoever - if the DUP want to stay close to Britain then why have a border between it and the UK ?

There has to be a border between the EU and the UK

As it cannot be on mainland Ireland, the UK had to accept it within the UK... it really is that simple

So stop lying

Edited by Bill

There's no lie there (you will be paying up in 2030 !)   After all the trouble sorting the border out for the EU Boris and his team have now left up to the EU to sort it out. 

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

There's no lie there (you will be paying up in 2030 !)   After all the trouble sorting the border out for the EU Boris and his team have now left up to the EU to sort it out. 

more lies

and remember how you numpties were told that there would be no border down the Irish Sea

"Boris Johnson has said there will be a trade border down the Irish Sea “over my dead body” following Brexit."

guess what😆

(a clue, he lied)

What was I saying long ago. I always thought it would be the Irish sea 

"The UK is planning new legislation that will override key parts of the Brexit withdrawal agreement, risking the collapse of trade negotiations with Brussels. Sections of the internal market bill — due to be published this Wednesday — are expected to “eliminate the legal force of parts of the withdrawal agreement” in areas including state aid and Northern Ireland customs, according to three people familiar with the plans. The move would “clearly and consciously” undermine the agreement on Northern Ireland that Boris Johnson signed last October to avoid a return to a hard border in the region, one person with knowledge of the plans said. Last week, the EU’s chief negotiator Michel Barnier warned that “a precise implementation of the withdrawal agreement” was vital for the success of trade talks and a key issue of trust between the two parties. "

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What was I saying long ago. I always thought it would be the Irish sea 

"The UK is planning new legislation that will override key parts of the Brexit withdrawal agreement, risking the collapse of trade negotiations with Brussels. Sections of the internal market bill — due to be published this Wednesday — are expected to “eliminate the legal force of parts of the withdrawal agreement” in areas including state aid and Northern Ireland customs, according to three people familiar with the plans. The move would “clearly and consciously” undermine the agreement on Northern Ireland that Boris Johnson signed last October to avoid a return to a hard border in the region, one person with knowledge of the plans said. Last week, the EU’s chief negotiator Michel Barnier warned that “a precise implementation of the withdrawal agreement” was vital for the success of trade talks and a key issue of trust between the two parties. "

It is clear that you haven't a clue what you posted means

So I will tell you

It is confirmation that Johnson is trying to weasel out of what he signed up to in October, with the EU

And there could never be an EU border on mainland Ireland as it would break an international treaty. So pretty much everyone knew it would have to be on UK sovereign territory....except Brexit thickos

Rather like someone trying to tell you that if City were to win all their league games this season we would be in the Champions League next season.

Which now leaves the EU having a border INSIDE the UK

Remind us what part of Leave that was mentioned in

Yes he is weasel out of what he signed in October because it was not what he wanted, so no trade deal no Oct agreement ! That should get the EU around and start talking