Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

33 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

I’ve s hit out things more intelligent than Swindo. I don’t know why you lot bother to engage with him. He simply does not have the mental capacity or inclination to debate seriously or consider what is being explained to him. All he has is a hatred for the EU because his simple mind has been brainwashed by right wingers. He’s just a hateful, lying and sad little man.

If Nadine Dorries was a man she would be Swindon Canary.

• Haha 2

I see the ungrateful French are spurning our generous offer to let them sell their Champagne in pint bottles. 

Well I for one will be boycotting the fizzy white whiners.

Another Brexit triumph allowing us to choose what quantities we buy our alcohol in. The freedoms just keep coming. 

I'm looking forward to be able to buy carpet using Cubits.

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Here in Cornwall we have reverted to the tried and trusted four starlings to a ferret,

Christ! Is it 4 starlings to a ferret now? Used to be 2 to a ferret when I were a lad; F'ing Brexit!

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Christ! Is it 4 starlings to a ferret now? Used to be 2 to a ferret when I were a lad; F'ing Brexit!

Worried about the influx of "cheep" Chinese Starlings. 

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Aaaah, brex****.....

Imagine how much easier it would be for UK companies to trade without all this extra UK red tape that the Brexiteers voted for.

I'm sure I heard something about getting rid of red tape, I must've been listening to a liar.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Imagine how much easier it would be for UK companies to trade without all this extra UK red tape that the Brexiteers voted for.

I'm sure I heard something about getting rid of red tape, I must've been listening to a liar.

There was reason why we joined the common market, EEC and Thatcher then promoted/created the single market. 

Good hard nosed economic sense.

Sadly the Brexiteers have proved they have none (of anything).

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's perfectly fine Squit! the tape is no longer communist red, but now a patriotic red white and blue, so we can all be proud that Brexit has created massive amounts of proper British paperwork for businesses' to enjoy. That will show those EU friction-free traders how good honest British paperwork can do bureaucracy way beyond anything those commie bast*ards can contrive.

• Like 1

Just when you think the clown car of a government has run out of wonky wheels another one turns up. There are rumours that there will be a new Minister of Brexit Opportunities. And it may even be Rees Mogg. 🤨

Actually I will rather enjoy Rees-Mogg as Minister for Brexit opportunities.

Hoisted by his own petard. Lets see if he can find any of significant benefit as nobody else can!

Ah, the old "we have provide the opportunities, it's up to you to to exploit them" routine ...... 

Famously Rees-Mogg's first Brexit decision was to take the opportunity to move the HQ of his own company to Dublin to exploit the EU single market. So can we assume that will be the sort of opportunity he will recommend to other businesses?

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Just when you think the clown car of a government has run out of wonky wheels another one turns up. There are rumours that there will be a new Minister of Brexit Opportunities. And it may even be Rees Mogg. 🤨

Congratulations to him, securing the only job created by Brexit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Herman said:

Aaaah, brex****.....

My company runs logistics operations for several large blue-chip companies, so we're frequently exporting goods and trying to get them into USA, China, Russia etc (and now Europe). So it always amazed me with the portrayal of the EU because it wasn't perfect, but literally nothing matches the pedantry of customs officials, and our clients are invariably paying customs brokers to get them through the minefield in the first place.

• Thanks 2

Oh dear! The cross party Public Accounts Committee has reported that Brexit is a dismal failure. Would have loved to see the face of Mark Francois, a member of the committee, as they signed off this report detailing Brexit's catalogue of disasters.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/09/brexit-damaging-trade-with-eu-says-public-accounts-committee

Brexit damaging trade with EU, says public accounts committee

Border checks said to have increased business costs and ‘suppressed’ trade, and the situation could worsen

A tip-off for our splendid new Brexit opportunities minister. The Road Haulage Association's chief has warned lorry drivers to get used to 4 hour plus traffic queues at Dover; surely there's an opportunity here for "Rees-Bog portaloos" to be provided every 500 yards along Kent's highways and byways.