Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Snippets from the EU 'europa' website:

"Is there any fraud? In fact, fraud affects approximately  8% of the total EU budget".

Farage and his mates were responsible for plenty of that.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Not sure if you would also like the details of the ongoing cases as well and how he claims an EU pension despite his hatred of the EU

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-claim-misspent-public-funds

I think we need to teach Swindle how to use google.I googled "farage EU fraud" and page after page came up. It was that simple.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

if you were Farage would you not take as much as you could from the EU

Did you bring your children and grandchildren up to lie, encourage them to steal, and be thieves ? Or do you just support this type of behaviour. As a taxpayer I have to contribute every month to Farage’s EU pension and I understand the U.K. have had to repay some of his fraudulent expenses claims.

You object to something yet when you find out it was somebody you backed that did it you claim it is ok, I guess if Starmer or Sturgeon did exactly the same thing you would call them out quite rightly as thieves. 

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think we need to teach Swindle how to use google.I googled "farage EU fraud" and page after page came up. It was that simple.

And as per the one I put up it wasn’t just him it was his mates as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Here's a reminder.

When mentioning how bad the deal with Australia is for Britain don't forget to mention that it also cost us £500k for Liz Truss to fly over there.

Truss, a lackey and a couple of swivelheads could have flown 1st class for 10k

If only Australia had internet access, they could have had a Teams meeting 

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Did you bring your children and grandchildren up to lie, encourage them to steal, and be thieves ? Or do you just support this type of behaviour. As a taxpayer I have to contribute every month to Farage’s EU pension and I understand the U.K. have had to repay some of his fraudulent expenses claims.

You object to something yet when you find out it was somebody you backed that did it you claim it is ok, I guess if Starmer or Sturgeon did exactly the same thing you would call them out quite rightly as thieves. 

This is why Swindon is on so many ignore lists.

• Like 2

Remember Farage was a Tory. Claiming too much, fraud are all part of their education.

Just listen to Rees Mogg saying "a fuss over a few animals" shows their disdain for other peoples wellbeing.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Maybe Swindon can give us an interview to tell us what is going on ?

He did one earlier.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Surfer said:

Back to the subject ... two charts. Irrefutable evidence that Brexit is the cause of the UK's economic woes.

Everyone else has also had Covid, only the UK has imposed Brexit restrictions on itself. 

Imports.thumb.jpg.6c35299e868c00f08e55e36f4514413d.jpg

Exports.jpg

I swear you must have missed this post Swindon. Any thoughts about why the UK is performing so badly v’s the EU, US and Japan? 

Exports are down approximately 25% and not climbing - why could that be? And the different trajectories of imports (slow recovery) v exports (stalled) says the UK trade deficit must also be increasing which spells major trouble ahead for the Pound.

Is this the expected behavior of “the most open economy in Europe” that the government claims it to be? 

Edited by Surfer

The UK is not performing badly, we've always made money in the markets and as for trade it's the EU that are losing out. they have lost a lot of trade with us, look at the reports.

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

The UK is not performing badly, we've always made money in the markets and as for trade it's the EU that are losing out. they have lost a lot of trade with us, look at the reports.

Because they are doing it with each other instead.

Any news on the Farage fraud proof.

I see today the government have dropped a right one. When asked for benefits of leaving the EU they answered 10 billion we don’t have to give the EU sometime in the future. The response from the member of the public ‘ so if from that 350 million a week was to go on the NHS why are you putting NI up by 1.25%, was this another lie ‘. The MP had no answer.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

"The MP had no answer"

Probably because it had nothing to do with him/her 

No it was because giving the money to the NHS was a lie and if it was not a lie there would be no need to increase NI by 1.25%.

They exposed to the public yet another load of lies and shew they knew all along, my vote to leave was based on lies and racism not facts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Surfer said:

UK trade deficit must also be increasing which spells major trouble ahead for the Pound.

Meanwhile  the quid climbs to another five year high v the Euro.

Funny old game.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Funny old game.

Hilarious. Meanwhile....

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Funny old game.

Not really that funny - with our inflation rate still racing away I think the markets are factoring in another interest rate rise next month and it may be a five year high but it is still a spectacular drop from its pre-referendum level - a level that neither of us are likely to see again in our lifetimes.

Still mustn't complain, at least we managed to buy the house in France before the sh*t hit the fan - a year later and there was no way we would ever been able to afford it.

• Like 1

Benefits of Brexit.

https://www.ft.com/content/c00ab524-4320-4036-b8f4-813cfd491bd5?sharetype=blocked

Among the ideas considered for inclusion was a ban on pavement parking, which has long been a demand of road safety and disability campaigners, but it was later dropped by the Department for Transport from the paper. The plan to include the measure baffled Whitehall officials, since the parking ban could have been enacted while the UK was an EU member. London banned pavement parking in 1974 while the Scottish Parliament approved a ban in 2019.

Also included, whistling on a Tuesday, beating your carpets during lent, juggling with lemons and hopping between the hours of 11pm and 7am.

Benefits of Brexit.

40 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You are an idiot who yet again has latched onto a headline without actually reading the article - to save you the trouble what the article is saying that the checks are 'not fit for purpose' because of the utter incompetence of the UK government who are too useless to effectively implement to 'great deal' they willingly signed.

That is actually the kindest and most diplomatic interpretation of the UK government's actions but the reality is that the UK government are a bunch of totally untrustworthy, amoral liars who never had the slightest intention of implementing the 'great deal' that they willingly signed.

You are one of the total idiots who voted for them believing that their promises were worth something 😂😂