Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

If You Want A Good Laugh Just So Many Choices.

His record is worse than Hursts but because of who he is he has received the backing of most of the supporters. And they probably have to back him as they cannot just keep blaming everything on the manager/coach.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

His record is worse than Hursts but because of who he is he has received the backing of most of the supporters. And they probably have to back him as they cannot just keep blaming everything on the manager/coach.

Yes his record is now worse, incredible to actually write this! I thought he might produce a mini revival. Yet he has not. 

If you take Paul Lambert's achievements at Norwich out of his resume (he left almost 7 years ago), he doesn't have much of a rosey history.

I'm wondering what he's going to say to his Team before they walk out of the tunnel. One look around the changing room at the players he has at his disposal, I mean,  how do you even come up with a gameplan? 

I should imagine he will get them motivated and believing they can get some kind of result.  Let's be fair, this is going to be one of the toughest matches of the season to get a result - forget league position - they may be bottom, but we will still have to be at our very best to make sure we don't give them a sniff of anything. We should win, but it won't be easy. 

• Like 3

WACCOE is usually a good read too. Unfortunately I've forgotten my log in details. Anyone else visited since Saturday?

1 minute ago, Kathy said:

WACCOE is usually a good read too. Unfortunately I've forgotten my log in details. Anyone else visited since Saturday?

I was thinking the same thing. I remember visiting it regularly during our one season in league one  because of the entertainment value, especially as we caught them up. The there was the feeder club stuff when we bought Howson, Snodgrass and Becchio (did we just buy him to wind them up?). Must see if I can get on to it later.

Reading TWTD is cracking fun at the moment but anybody that thinks Sunday is a simple win for us is deluded, they will present us with problems and it will be a tight match, almost any team can be beaten by anyone in the championship. Obviously we are hot favourites but I a man not expecting a rout..........hoping yes!

At one point on Saturday (early second half I think), I looked and saw that Wednesday had had 17 shots to Ipswich's 2.  If (and I think we will), create that many chances, I can't see anything other than a convincing win for us on Sunday.  Hernandez, Buendia, Stiepermann and Pukki are so good going forward for us. And even if Leitner is fit, I wouldn't drop Vrancic after his performances recently.

This is the perfect game to follow on after the Leeds triumph. In normal circumstances you wouldn't be so surprised if City were to be off a little bit after being so pumped up for the Elland Road match. There is no chance of that happening against that lot and the atmosphere in the ground will be electric. It also plays to our advantage going out on a Sunday as the boys will know Saturday's results which will provide further motivation if any were needed.

This game is all Lambert cares about.. saving Ipswich would be a bonus but I honestly think he would rather beat Norwich than stay up.

We should win comfortably but it's football. I can't see us not scoring atleast 2 or 3.. but anything can happen

I'm just worried they'll try to cripple our players - especially if they're getting thumped. It's the sort of nasty vindictive thing I can see them doing. I mean, where did Tyrone Mings learn his trade?

THAT performance on Saturday was something to behold. It's almost like the team have set themselves a new bar. I read about the training session before too, it was very intense apparently and Farke summarised that he was extremely proud of them.

I reckon  they now know how to be  fiercely competitive and that is a side of this team I had not seen in the last few months. Sure, they have been beautiful to  watch but the game management  and tenacity  were there Saturday.

Just watch those clips of the game (Yellows Vision for example on Twitter) and the medley of Trybull tackles. Think back on Vrancic and Buendia fighting for every second ball in midfield. We will need this against 1p5wich.

I believe this team has moved to another level Saturday. It is the best timing ahead of a tricky match. 

It only takes a red card or a penalty incident.......that worryingly could influence the result.......

But personally, I'm pretty confident we'll professionally get the job done.....