I have to admit, his decision making makes me nervous sometimes.  A couple of times on Saturday, he came out for free kicks when Godfrey and Zimmermann were in good positions to win the header (and did in one case).  I don't think he needed to come charging out for the one where he got booked.  And, obviously, getting booked in the first half meant he couldn't risk getting sent off for time wasting or another foul - especially with a baying crowd.  Silly to get involved after final whistle too.  Two good saves as well though and his experience is really important with the young defence in front of him.

It's hard to second guess those sorts of decisions which have to be made in a split second.  The one where he was booked, I thought the attacker was clear through and it's quite likely that having Krul charging out put him off.  Maybe with hindsight he should have stayed back, but it's not straightforward. 

I'd back him 100% after the final whistle though, Bamford was having a go at Godfrey which was totally out of order when we'd just beaten them convincingly, and totally respect Krul for stepping in and taking the heat off a young player who's still very new to the first team and had an excellent performance.  We have such a young team, it's good to have some of the older more experienced guys who are looking out for them.

7 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I'd back him 100% after the final whistle though, Bamford was having a go at Godfrey which was totally out of order when we'd just beaten them convincingly, and totally respect Krul for stepping in and taking the heat off a young player who's still very new to the first team and had an excellent performance. 

Bit silly to put his head in his face so aggressively though?  Should've just pushed or grabbed him with his arms - or put his arm around Godfrey and walk away.  Godfrey seemed to have the situation in hand, looked as if he was laughing at Bamford most of the time.

I have been critical re TK starting a couple of posts highlighting the self inflicted clangers against WBA and Millwall, however since then no obvious errors and some good saves winning important points.  But he fails to either catch the ball or convincingly clear shots saved even the Roofe save could have been cleared more convincingly and he does seem to come out too quickly an e.g. Leeds goal.  But as has been stated what can you expect for nowt.  Keep it up Tim and no more howlers and you'll not hear from me again. 

I want to see players like Krul maintain cool (no pun intended). There's a lot of youngster in the squad and our senior players should be setting an example. I don't want Cantwell or Lewis or Arrons thinking that it's okay to charge at a player, and it looks like Zimmerman didn't appreciate it either.

Zimmermann was a real captain too in this instance. He angrily (and firmly) Krul to one side.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pete said:

I have been critical re TK starting a couple of posts highlighting the self inflicted clangers against WBA and Millwall, however since then no obvious errors and some good saves winning important points.  But he fails to either catch the ball or convincingly clear shots saved even the Roofe save could have been cleared more convincingly and he does seem to come out too quickly an e.g. Leeds goal.  But as has been stated what can you expect for nowt.  Keep it up Tim and no more howlers and you'll not hear from me again. 

I have to say, I am enjoying the new positive Pete! Keep it up mate.

I can't lie, Krul worries me a bit for many many reasons. IF(?) we reach the big time next season I thinks that's a position we'd need to strengthen. The 3rd choice keeper at So'ton looks like he needs a move, and I'd welcome him back. I'd obviously love to have their 2nd choice keeper back but can't see that happening.

1 minute ago, spencer 1970 said:

I can't lie, Krul worries me a bit for many many reasons. IF(?) we reach the big time next season I thinks that's a position we'd need to strengthen. The 3rd choice keeper at So'ton looks like he needs a move, and I'd welcome him back. I'd obviously love to have their 2nd choice keeper back but can't see that happening.

Forster is on £70k a week and has been bad for at least 18 months, probably longer. He is the last keeper Webber would be targeting. 

Some of the Krul comments remind me of the scapegoating Vrancic has received in the past, maybe not on this forum, he was considered lazy, slow etc. My point being that many posters cannot move away from their first impressions of players, I agree he had a poor start but he has made as many if not more point saving stops than point losing mistakes. Get behind him, he obviously is a passionate guy who is committed to our club.

• Like 1

Leeds fans shocked that Krul has got away with his ‘flying headbutt’ (LOL! Flying headbutt! Still laughing now! 😂)

Lets face it, after what Mings has got away with today, I think it would have been pretty mental had our Tim got a 3+ match ban on the back of him merely trying to give what’s the strikers name Bamford a little commiseration kiss 😜

7 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

You're probably right but I love how passionate he is.  Look at the footage of him running over to the City fans after our 2nd goal.  This guy really cares about how we do this season.

Have you got a link to the footage. Managed to miss seeing him

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Thanks wcc!

i missed it at the time due to it taking a minute for the penny to drop we’d actually scored and then being distracted by jumping up and down 😀

I think Pukki and the linesman were the only two in the entire stadium to appreciate immediately that he'd scored! Both had a clear view of the Leeds defender playing him well onside. Took the Leeds fans more than your minute for it to sink in!

5 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

I think Pukki and the linesman were the only two in the entire stadium to appreciate immediately that he'd scored! Both had a clear view of the Leeds defender playing him well onside. Took the Leeds fans more than your minute for it to sink in!

Forshaw also knew, if you watch the replays, it's a comedy moment seeing him start to raise his arm and the realisation that he has just totally played Pukki onside, one of a few very sweet moments from that game.

• Haha 2

I think it’s fair to say that Gunn last year played behind a much more experienced back 4. Krul has enormous responsibility in having to use his experience to help his young back 4. Even Zimmermann has only really played at this level for 1 1/2 seasons. I think it’s also fair to say that in our remaining fixtures there will not be many teams capable of scoring 3 or 4 past us. As a % goals conceded per game at present Kruls record is slightly better than Gunn per game, with Klose likely ( although not certain ) to add to our back 4 for the run in.

Posters on here were crying out for the brand of football we are playing and also seemed to appreciate that they would rather see 4:3 results than 1:0’s. Attacking football means there are occasions where a defensive error will happen and we will at this level be made to look silly.

Krul has shown sheer passion for our club. He was signed as part of a group of players that for whatever reason were languishing on the subs bench, Pukki, Lightner, Hernandez ect all come into that group. A fair few of them took a season to get completely where they were before they were injured or fell out of favour. Krul has played a mere 30 games since an injury that meant he only played a couple of times in 2 1/2 years. By next year he will probably be back to his peak unless of course people keep knocking him instead of helping to become more and more confident.

Give him the support and passion he has given our club.

14 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Leeds fans shocked that Krul has got away with his ‘flying headbutt’ (LOL! Flying headbutt! Still laughing now! 😂)

I think it is worth repeating when we hear this that Alioski (?) shoved Pukki over with two hands in the face earlier in the game. Surely a far clearer red and penalty than anything Krul did?