Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Bielsa to resign?

Press conference called for 5pm. Rumours that he's going to resign... has also been mentioned that Benfica are interested in him. Might just be a formal apology regarding the Spygate thing, but there's plenty of chat on the Twittersphere. Interesting...

More here

In seriousness though, he's got previous for this... look at his Wiki entry. Walked out on Marseille after the first game of the season after clashing with the club's hierarchy, and binned off Lazio after just two days. He's a bit of a weirdo.

Let's play a game in the hope that this happens:

Next lufc manager.

I    nominate Paul Hutst

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Let's play a game in the hope that this happens:

Next lufc manager.

I    nominate Paul Hutst

I nominate 

I nominate Paul Heckingbottom. Again.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Based on the the Pontius Jansson tweet he'll just be saying how sooooooooooooowwwwwwyyyy he is.

What tweet is this?

Wow... so turns out he has spied on every single opponent he's faced this season, and he even gave a PowerPoint presentation to explain his methods and reasons. Nutter!

Not really. Coming clean will mean there's no/less of an investigation hanging over the club. Also seems to be maneuvering so that if any punishment happens it's him and not the club.  I'm sure the press will get off his back too.

Yeah, fair comment. He's still a nutter though. I actually love the guy if I'm honest, just a shame he's managing that rabble...

Asking journos to pick a Derby game and then showing them all of his analysis, after showing them everything he has on their tactics. lol

Not sure Frank Lampard will be enjoying this too much.

A refreshingly honest presentation to be fair. But as he confirmed it wasn't only Derby, if there is to be a penalty the League can't just require them to replay just that recent game; instead force Leeds take a points penalty... 10 ought to be enough to make an appropriate statement. 

Edited by Surfer

11 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Asking journos to pick a Derby game and then showing them all of his analysis, after showing them everything he has on their tactics. lol

Not sure Frank Lampard will be enjoying this too much.

Bielsa is quite clearly mental, and I agree, Frank will not enjoy that! I do think both Bielsa and Leeds should be punished - surely spying on everybody including us will have meant that trespassing is of no concern to the dirty cheating f***s. Didn’t the guy get caught with pliers too?, so you can almost certainly add criminal damage to that too. It’s just wrong and I don’t buy this bu115hite that by calling a hasty press conference, he can worm his way out of the inevitable weak punishment (if any) by the FA and EFL. I can only hope that anyone gets promoted but them, ‘dirty Leeds’ just got ‘dirtier’. 

9 minutes ago, Surfer said:

A refreshingly honest presentation to be fair. But as he confirmed it wasn't only Derby, if there is to be a penalty the League can't just require them to replay just that recent game; instead force Leeds take a points penalty... 10 ought to be enough to make an appropriate statement. 

No chance. Fine for Bielsa at worst.

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Didn’t the guy get caught with pliers too?, so you can almost certainly add criminal damage to that too

I haven't seen any believable source confirming that the guy was equipped with pliers; the police statement only mentioned binoculars and a change of clothes. Furthermore, no criminal charges have ensued, which you might expect if there was evidence of intent to commit an offence. The original mention of pliers was in Lampard's first public comment on the issue.

The ‘spy’ didn’t have pliers and he didn’t trespass. He stood on a public highway and looked over a not particularly high bush. 

The reaction to ‘spygate’ all feels a bit ridiculous and sanctimonious to me. Bielsa certainly isn’t the first person to do it in the Championship and won’t be the last. He is just the only one honest to admit he does it. 

Talk of deducting points is ludicrous, the EFL even investigating it is over the top. 

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The ‘spy’ didn’t have pliers and he didn’t trespass. He stood on a public highway and looked over a not particularly high bush. 

The reaction to ‘spygate’ all feels a bit ridiculous and sanctimonious to me. Bielsa certainly isn’t the first person to do it in the Championship and won’t be the last. He is just the only one honest to admit he does it. 

Talk of deducting points is ludicrous, the EFL even investigating it is over the top. 

Can't agree with that Bethnal, I said at the time that this had legs while others suggested there would be no comeback. Bielsa has opened up a can of worms, possibly because he knew that he would be exposed and decided to come clean before the facts were discovered. His claim that it was his decision and no one else was involved doesn't stand up, sure, he's trying to minimize damage to his employer but the idea that he works so closely with so many people means that others have to be a part of it. Ultimately, he hasn't broken any rules but that doesn't make it right. 

I used to live about a mile from Derby's training ground - it's not particularly difficult to get a line of sight over it to be fair.

Bielsa needs punishing, more to make a statement that it's not acceptable than anything else.

Points deduction would be nice for us, but can't see much traction in it.

Maybe they should just make Leeds conduct open training sessions every day for the rest of the season - Full public access to anyone who wants to watch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

If they get a punishment, any punishment, Elland Road will be an angry place to go to. 

I think most Leeds fans would expect a fine for Bielsa, if only so the EFL can make it clear that this goes against the 'club charter' they put in place and all clubs signed. That will clarify the situation for the future.

Listening to 5 Live earlier, it's pretty impressive the amount of detail he goes into - anything to get the edge over an opponent. He's incredibly well thought of in the game - Jonathan Wilson's Angels With Dirty Faces is a brilliant read for anyone interested in the Machiavellian machinations of Argentinian football, and Wilson is effusive with his praise for Bielsa's methods.

Whatever your thoughts on Leeds as a club, he's a visionary coach with a lot of admirers in the game - myself included, for what it's worth.

32 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Maybe they should just make Leeds conduct open training sessions every day for the rest of the season - Full public access to anyone who wants to watch.

Best comment I've heard on the whole affair!  Brilliant idea KIO

Leeds fans will play the victim card like they always do. While Bielsa may be a brilliant Coach, on this occasion he's left himself open to criticism for the methods he has used.