Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Klopp charged

Sorry I disagree, I thought it was completely over the top and he deserves a bit of a rollicking. Quite inciteful and if I was an Everton fan I woud have wanted to lynch him for that.

• Like 2

Quite agree with the charge, if it had been The Special One ( although he ain't so Special anymore ) people would have been screaming for him to have been charged yet somehow the jolly, jovial German scouse seems to have a licence to say and do whatever he wants.

• Like 3

Have to agree with Herman and Nutty on this. Liverpool were at home and so  I would imagine the Everton fans were less than happy about it to put it mildly. However, what happens when the away manager does that.

Think Paul Lambert sprinting on to the pitch at Carrow Road to congratulate Luke Chambers after Ipswich have grabbed a 96th minute winner against us. (Obviously I hope I'm wrong etc. etc......)

t

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
correcting mistake
  • Like 2

Can't see the problem

The FA will cover themselves by stating they have taken action.

The usual suspects will have their day whining about 'political correctness gone mad' and it will all blow over as quickly as it happened.

Yellow card for a player who celebrates after scoring a goal and takes his shirt off so club staff encroaching onto the field of play deserves action by the authorities.

**** Emery at Arsenal showed how it was possible to celebrate a big derby win, to show how overjoyed he was and still stay classy.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yellow card for a player who celebrates after scoring a goal and takes his shirt off so club staff encroaching onto the field of play deserves action by the authorities.

yep, as it would otherwise be 'one rule for some.......'

And as above could you imagine the problems dealing with over excited binners were Farke to have ran onto the pitchafter Klose's late goal  ?

Maybe question the sanction if any is given

but questioning the FA's response of a charge is not appreciating the wider implications of Klopp's action

I think running on the pitch when the game's still in progress is wrong. This was a high octance derby to be fairwith a last second winner but when Lallana nicked that 5-4 Liverpool win at Carrow Rd Klopp kept off the pitch even if his celebrations did upset the Norwich bench.

Contrast that with Paul Warne who didn't visibly celebrate Rotherham's goal on Saturday although if the shot that hit Krul's post and ran along the goal line had gone in for 2-0 I suspect a discreet little fist pump would have been in order....:classic_biggrin:

Klopp is Mr Cuddly when things are going his way and a sore loser when they aren't with a lack of humility and grace.

For some reason, the media love his wacky antics, I've hated him since that 5-4 victory at the Carra.

Quite rightly he's got his card marked this time.

If it was Farke after we had just scored a last ditch winner against Ipswich we would have just called it passion. And we would have loved him for it.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If it was Farke after we had just scored a last ditch winner against Ipswich we would have just called it passion. And we would have loved him for it.

🇩🇪

His behaviour when Liverpool beat us 5-4 was questionable.

It's certainly inciting, but I don't believe it's malicious. 

I have nothing against a manager showing passion. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

If a player or substitute had done that, they’d have the book thrown at them. He was infringing the field of play and was totally disrespectful of Everton. He shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it because he’s a “fun” and “entertaining” character. 

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

that's why it is the FA dealing with this

not the home fans

By the letter of the law he should be charged.

I do think it is a bit of a shame though- it is a huge moment and it wasn't like he was getting in the face of the Everton fans or players, just celebrating.

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

By the letter of the law he should be charged.

I do think it is a bit of a shame though- it is a huge moment and it wasn't like he was getting in the face of the Everton fans or players, just celebrating.

Don't think it is a shame to charge him, rules are rules and there is a good reason why technical areas were introduced for coaches and managers in the first place. He is not a player and it is not allowed that he go on the pitch under any circumstances during a match.  Should be charged and imo banned from the touchline for a few games. You cannot let him get away with it or it will start to happen more in matches. A manager's place is on the touchline. 

Klopp is a bit of a **** if you ask me. I know the media love him and he laughs a lot so he must be good but lets see how his behaviour turns moreso after yet again winning nothing this season.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't think it is a shame to charge him, rules are rules and there is a good reason why technical areas were introduced for coaches and managers in the first place. He is not a player and it is not allowed that he go on the pitch under any circumstances during a match.  Should be charged and imo banned from the touchline for a few games. You cannot let him get away with it or it will start to happen more in matches. A manager's place is on the touchline. 

I don't think it is a shame to charge him. I do think it is a shame that football fans apparently can't be trusted enough that we have to regulate celebrations to avoid incitement.

Didn't Farke celebrate on the pitch when we got the winner against Millwall?  Not as madly as Klopp admittedly...

Remember Fergie and Kidd when Manure beat Wednesday during next goal the winner stoppage time the year we were seriously after the title?

Don't know whether they were charged or not.

I am not sure about Klopp. He is amusing because he seems eccentrically English at times. On the other hand, managers and players want rules for this and that i.e. VAR but are happy to break existing ones.

The FA do embarrass themselves at times and this one might end up the same way as I would imagine the pundits etc will defend Klopp on this one. But if a supporter did it, they would be clamouring for protection.

And if someone gets banned for throwing a banana skin on the pitch, however out of order it was, there was no invasion of the pitch.

I would imagine a spell in the stands beckons for Herr Klopp.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

And if someone gets banned for throwing a banana skin on the pitch, however out of order it was, there was no invasion of the pitch.

Hardly comparable.