Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Leeds losing

On our day we’re the best side in the division , while those below us beat each other up on a regular basis. Dare to dream

7 minutes ago, Diane said:

Ricardo - shhhhh - stop talking it up, Wigan are going to win this 😀

They'll need some luck Diane. Leeds look good unfortunately.

Agree the keeper is at fault for calling it, but you wouldn't see Klose stepping over the ball in his 6-yard box, no matter what anyone behind him said.

Terrible defending for this level.

I was about to say there isn't much sign of a Wigan equaliser until mcmanaman fired just over from inside the box. Shame. 

James Vaughan on for Wigan. There's a name I haven't heard for a while. 

We're in a great position and I don't give a monkey's what other teams do - if we keep performing, entertaining and winning then that'll do for me!

Leeds did play well but needed a gift from the keeper to win it. It's good being at the top with them again. Hope it finishes like it did in League One☺️

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

On our day we’re the best side in the division , while those below us beat each other up on a regular basis. Dare to dream

Im not being funny but what planet are you on? Leeds "on their day" are the best team by far in this division which is why they have been top for most of it plus having a far superior GD to anyone else. Biesa has turned some very average cheap players into a team that look impressive "on their day"

Really?  Most sides look pretty good 'on their day', and we are a match for most if not all.  It's when it isn't 'their day' that counts most as it is the results ground out when not playing so well that are the key.

We’re in good shape, Leeds too. Though I think we have a generally higher calibre of player all round, Bielsa is doing that thing where he makes a team play greater than the sum of its parts though, and they’re playing neat football like ourselves. They’ve surprised many as let’s face it, quite a few of those players haven’t really done anything in the Championship before in recent seasons - so you have to give credit to Bielsa. But Bournemouth showed despite the score that we have the squad depth to compete all season even with the injuries we have, and that realisation filled me with confidence. Honestly believe we have the best ‘first’ 11 and SQUAD in the division by some way, I really do. Webber and Farke have really pulled some gems from Germany, Spain etc. As I said at the start of the season, Newcastle lost both their first two games on their way to winning the championship. A draw and a loss for us, but regardless, it was obvious in our play that something had changed and we’d start heading in the right direction. Much for us all to be happy about 👍

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

We’re in good shape, Leeds too. Though I think we have a generally higher calibre of player all round, Bielsa is doing that thing where he makes a team play greater than the sum of its parts though, and they’re playing neat football like ourselves. They’ve surprised many as let’s face it, quite a few of those players haven’t really done anything in the Championship before in recent seasons - so you have to give credit to Bielsa. But Bournemouth showed despite the score that we have the squad depth to compete all season even with the injuries we have, and that realisation filled me with confidence. Honestly believe we have the best ‘first’ 11 and SQUAD in the division by some way, I really do. Webber and Farke have really pulled some gems from Germany, Spain etc. As I said at the start of the season, Newcastle lost both their first two games on their way to winning the championship. A draw and a loss for us, but regardless, it was obvious in our play that something had changed and we’d start heading in the right direction. Much for us all to be happy about 👍

On paper Leeds should be mid table but as you said Bielsa has got them playing very well, they are extremely good at getting the ball back and the best in the league at doing this.  Having the 'best' first 11 in this league doesn't mean a thing as you know anyone can beat anybody and there are some decent teams this season, you have already seen the table especially at the top. I believe Leeds can go all the way with some January additions and i'm sure you will believe Norwich can, many fans from the teams around us will also think the same but again this league is unforgiving. I watched the Forest vs Blades game on Saturday and both teams to me looked rubbish, the blades had no pace at all but for some reason they are up there. 

Interesting season that no one can predict.

• Like 1

Leeds were deserving of their win, but I certainly wouldn't be too concerned about them after watching today.

Hernandez looked good, but nobody else stood out particularly.

I'm optimistic of promotion.

58 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Leeds were deserving of their win, but I certainly wouldn't be too concerned about them after watching today.

Hernandez looked good, but nobody else stood out particularly.

I'm optimistic of promotion.

For me West Brom once they get their defence sorted out, they have the best strikeforce paring in the division. I would also tip Boro as well with their best defence. Leeds and Norwich playoff contenders. I would also be wary of Derby. A third of the division is optimistic right now but there are around 90 points to play for. Teams with cash will strengthen in the window.

Edited by Rob Whites

33 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

For me West Brom once they get their defence sorted out, they have the best strikeforce paring in the division. I would also tip Boro as well with their best defence. Leeds and Norwich playoff contenders. I would also be wary of Derby. A third of the division is optimistic right now but there are around 90 points to play for. Teams with cash will strengthen in the window.

Interestingly, I mentioned to a few friends that other day, that west brom have, on paper the best team in the league, but they are faltering.

There's just no way they won't finish in the top six. 

I'm not saying they'll be promoted.