Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Ashes.

and Mitchell Johnson''s bowling figures are the worst , by an Aussie, in England for 30 years.

Didn''t see that coming!

Perhaps this new coach of ours, has taken a leaf out of AN''s book!!

Been enjoying the test but keep flicking over to watch the ICC T20 qualifiers on the same time. Watched part of the Afghanistan-Netherlands game. Great game and the Afghans won.  Suprised me how good they were.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]We''re gonna get a bashing here I fear...Aussies look to be set to get a mamoth score of 600+...pacers not getting much out of the pitch...and we don''t have Swanny to help us out.[/quote] Teams that are 200-3 often finish up at around 350 all out.Don''t give up yet! [:S][/quote][quote user="lappinitup"]Close of play 264-5. Bowlers will be fresh in

the morning, a couple of quick wickets and Australia will do well to get

that 350 I forecast. Get in there.....[/quote]Australia 308 all out. [Y]All that panicking for nothing RF. [;)]

Shoot, looks like we''re going to give them a fighters chance whereas we should be putting this game to bed! I thought it was meant to be a flat, dull wicket with limited chances for the bowlers! Having said that effectively 362/7 isn''t that bad, Aussies would have to be amazing to get close to 400 in their second innings although there will be still 2 days to go! Great test, this is what Test Cricket is all about!!!

Agree with that Ron, especially the last sentence. I was hoping for at least a 450 lead but it seems as our batsmen think they have enough.

412 needed by the Aussies. Not bad, it''s going to be a close but exciting 2 days.

World record run chase is 404-3 so if they do it then it will be amazing batting.

Pitch is up and down, should swing and turn. Should be England 1 up.

I do not see it as cut and dried as most do.

The major thing the Aussies have on their side is time, lots and lots of it.

M. Ali is not the finished article in terms of International cricket and his performance will be fundamental on a wearing pitch.

Our chances will be further enhanced if we get Warner out on the cheap. Little old "Slumdog" can crash and bash with the best of them and he could easily destroy Ali''s control of length and pace. He can also dig in when necessary.

I select him, from amongst the others, as his role was somewhat symbolic of the Australian resolve and attitude during the last series.

England win 85%

Aussie win 15%

Draw 0% (unless it rains a lot in Welsh Wales .... and some is forecast for tomorrow.)

Agree Broadstairs, never say never, and as you say we are in a very strong position. History will have to be made for the Aussies to take us, and they have the capability, but it is the 4th innings and as long as Root catches the next one, we''ll be ok!

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Predict, this first test will end in a draw  [/quote]Changed my mind here, the pitch has been playing up the further the match has gone on, just hope it continues for the Ozzy innings. 

a 50 for Warner and they''re up to 90-1, need another wicket soon please!

If only we had held our noses and picked K*vin P**tersen we might have had a chance of winning this test...[;)]Still I gather Joaquin Larrivey is a decent left-arm orthodox spinner and handy lower-order bat who qualifies for England by virtue of a Welsh great-grandmother who emigrated to Patagonia in the 1870s, so he can bolster the squad if he turns out not to be very good at football.

Canarino Purpurea,

Such caustic cynicism and battle-weary realpolitik ill behoves a respected resident of the BVI, bound by the manacled fiduciary strictures of the financial services profession and its welter of moral arbiters.

Parma 😇💵💷🏦🌴

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Canarino Purpurea,

Such caustic cynicism and battle-weary realpolitik ill behoves a respected resident of the BVI, bound by the manacled fiduciary strictures of the financial services profession and its welter of moral arbiters.

Parma 😇💵💷🏦🌴[/quote]Actually Parma I get quite good vibes about Larrivey - as a footballer, that is! But in general surely someone has to provide an antidote to the puppyish Panglossian optimism purveyed by 99 per cent of the posters here...[;)]

England working through the Aussies nicely, 3 wickets to go!

Awesome result, well played England! Test cricket at it finest!!

Apart from the first hour, we thoroughly outplayed them in every department. A brilliant performance!

A few people on here are probably feeling a bit stupid now after their early comments about England looking likely to lose. Just like some comments on NCFC match day.

Leave the cricket analysis to Broadstairs and Herman, they seem to know what they''re talking about.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]A few people on here are probably feeling a bit stupid now after their early comments about England looking likely to lose. Just like some comments on NCFC match day.

Leave the cricket analysis to Broadstairs and Herman, they seem to know what they''re talking about.[/quote]So long as you don''t want expert analyisis then I''m ok. Broadstairs is a full on fan by the looks of it.It''s a shame Mr Chops doesn''t post anymore([;)]), he knew what he was talking about. Got a bit of an education from him.