Sign in to follow this  
thebigfeller

There's three main problems at Norwich City

It’s amazing. We’re top of the league, having a wonderful season, playing beautiful football, yet there’s posters having pops at each other, bumping old threads and appearing smug. Unnecessary behaviour from both sides of the spectrum in regards to the exteme pant wetters and extreme happy clappers. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It’s amazing. We’re top of the league, having a wonderful season, playing beautiful football, yet there’s posters having pops at each other, bumping old threads and appearing smug. Unnecessary behaviour from both sides of the spectrum in regards to the exteme pant wetters and extreme happy clappers. 

It's a Family tradition.....

44 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

There is points to be scored don't you know...

Is this forum a nicer place when we're doing well?

I would say... YES.

This thread backs it up (kind of).

Question for the ever righteous hairy one...

There are a couple of threads I fully intend to bump. One where Mike was billybigbolloxing waving two hundred quid around and one where the Brighton owner "apparently" said we'd never get so much as a sniff of the prem under this ownership. 

Convince me not to...

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There are a couple of threads I fully intend to bump. One where Mike was billybigbolloxing waving two hundred quid around and one where the Brighton owner "apparently" said we'd never get so much as a sniff of the prem under this ownership. 

Convince me not to...

Can I instead convince you to definitely bump them? As those sound excellent.

Edited by BobLoz3

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Convince me not to...

Being called righteous by Saint Nigel. I nearly spat out my tea! :classic_biggrin:

I don't think I have a chance of convincing you to do anything Nutty so you bump away. At least they were from outside the club.

5 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Being called righteous by Saint Nigel. I nearly spat out my tea! :classic_biggrin:

I don't think I have a chance of convincing you to do anything Nutty so you bump away. At least they were from outside the club.

I expect you'll just snipe from the sidelines 🙃

Shame you're too shy to debate this. I rely on my conscience before I post. I try and keep my conscience grounded in truth. So why not try and convince me where I'm going wrong.

I'm not too shy to debate it Nutty. Pretty much I would agree with you and those of a similar view on this thread.

I just think that, at a time when the club is unified and everyone pulling together during what is turning out to be one of the most exciting seasons in my memory, it's such a shame that it was felt this was a good time to resurrect this sort of decisive, one NCFC supporter against another, post.

I'm sure like me you went to bed excited at the Leeds result last night and dropped off while working out the league table permutations if this or that result happens during the weekend. This sort of ancient point scoring genuinely didn't cross my mind and yet here it is, at this brilliant time for the club, near the top of the posts list.

You justify it whatever way you like. I just think it's a shame.

3 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Hear here Hoola

3 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

That's fine, provided you can promise that when we are doing really badly posters who prophesied doom don't start smugly bumping back up optimistic "happy-clapper" threads...😎

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I'm not too shy to debate it Nutty. Pretty much I would agree with you and those of a similar view on this thread.

I just think that, at a time when the club is unified and everyone pulling together during what is turning out to be one of the most exciting seasons in my memory, it's such a shame that it was felt this was a good time to resurrect this sort of decisive, one NCFC supporter against another, post.

I'm sure like me you went to bed excited at the Leeds result last night and dropped off while working out the league table permutations if this or that result happens during the weekend. This sort of ancient point scoring genuinely didn't cross my mind and yet here it is, at this brilliant time for the club, near the top of the posts list.

Well put 👍🏻

58 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That's fine, provided you can promise that when we are doing really badly posters who prophesied doom don't start smugly bumping back up optimistic "happy-clapper" threads...😎

I might be wrong but I'm not sure I've actually seen that happen. 

I think it's worth bumping it though. if just to highlight that with the benefit of hindsight the board deserve credit for appointing Webber and Farke, and sticking with them. I'd certainly heard calls to ditch them both and hire "someone that knew the league".

It's not about individual posters being right or wrong. I'm just glad that Farke turned the corner, as after the first six games the mood on here was getting pretty toxic. Whilst the board were backing him, if you lose the crowd your position becomes untenable pretty quickly.

Edited by Icecream Snow
typo
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I think it's worth bumping it though. if just to highlight that with the benefit of hindsight the board deserve credit for appointing Webber and Farke, and sticking with them. I'd certain heard calls to ditch them both and hire "someone that knew the league".

It's not about individual posters being right or wrong. I'm just glad that Farke turned the corner, as after the first six games the mood on here was getting pretty toxic. Whilst the board were backing him, if you lose the crowd your position becomes untenable pretty quickly.

Of course it is worth bumping, if only to remind certain posters to be more circumspect in their criticism of the club the next time we are on a low - as will inevitably happen. The only objection seems to be from those who, with the benefit of hindsight, posted some pretty dumb views.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Of course it is worth bumping, if only to remind certain posters to be more circumspect in their criticism of the club the next time we are on a low - as will inevitably happen. The only objection seems to be from those who, with the benefit of hindsight, posted some pretty dumb views.

Meh. I'll give Duncan credit, he actually put his views out there at the beginning of this thread. There are a few who never actually put their own opinion out there but delight in pulling up those who do but get proved wrong.

What I don't remember seeing though is a bunch of threads bumped after Alex Neil was sacked pointing out how those who thought he would turn things around were wrong etc etc. I could be wrong of course, it might have happened but I don't recall it.

4 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Firstly I didn't bump this post. However if I'd remembered it I probably would have. For me it isn't a case of one poster against another because Shaun aka thebigfeller only posts when the chips are down. He hasn't been back and you won't see him back until the next time. I met Shaun at St Andrews Hall in 2009. He's a nice bloke but bitterness towards our club's owners eats away at him. As is obvious by his posting history.

I asked you about the other two threads I did remember. I am seriously interested to know why it would be divisive to bump them?

FWIW when I posted the Academy Update thread I considered tacking it on the end of the thread from when the bond issue was announced. That probably would have been divisive but the comments at the time were also divisive and I was as proud then as I am now to be an Academy Bond holder. I don't think it would be divisive to say how amused I am seeing some posters celebrating it's success now🙃

Fair enough Nutty I can see where you're coming from. 

5 hours ago, BigFish said:

I don't remember ever being critical of DF or calling for a change and was profoundly against the OP's view but I still object to this sort of dredging up of past posts with a holier than thou attitude to prove a point. We all have had views which, if we're being honest, sometimes get proven to be dumb.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Firstly I didn't bump this post. However if I'd remembered it I probably would have. For me it isn't a case of one poster against another because Shaun aka thebigfeller only posts when the chips are down. He hasn't been back and you won't see him back until the next time. I met Shaun at St Andrews Hall in 2009. He's a nice bloke but bitterness towards our club's owners eats away at him. As is obvious by his posting history.

I asked you about the other two threads I did remember. I am seriously interested to know why it would be divisive to bump them?

FWIW when I posted the Academy Update thread I considered tacking it on the end of the thread from when the bond issue was announced. That probably would have been divisive but the comments at the time were also divisive and I was as proud then as I am now to be an Academy Bond holder. I don't think it would be divisive to say how amused I am seeing some posters celebrating it's success now🙃

I'm not sure I suggested the other two posts you mentioned were divisive Nutty as they were aimed at club outsiders? At least that's what I meant if it didn't come across that way.

I would hope we're all celebrating it's success. Wouldn't you?

Great thread. But this was one of many around the same time. Sad we seem to have lost a few of the posters from this one and the others.

There is nothing wrong with looking back. Not personally bumped any myself but look  back around the time of this post, a week or so either side, and see what people are saying.

Shame Lincoln disappeared. Theres one where he done exactly what King says he hasnt seen - he bumped my pre match optimism after we lost a game.

You would hope that history would be enough without this season for people to realise our owners do have a rough idea what they're doing but with the typical football fan theyre unfortunately only a bad set of results away from unjust criticism.. 

Also King - I'm not sure your comment about Delia etc taking a step back resulting in  better running of the club is true. If interviews with her and Webber are to be believed, they feel they're more involved this season than they ever have been.

On 25/02/2019 at 17:37, Duncan Edwards said:

Someone OUT!!!!

Where is the holier than thou attitude Hairy?

I would suggest that came later from you and the others who objected.

It wasn't on this thread, but at least the emergence of Aarons and the continuing development of Lewis and Cantwell has proved that Farke is good at developing young players. I got fed up arguing with people that gave Farke zero credit for turning James Maddison into a £20 million player.

I do not generally support the practice of thread necromancy, and since I did not give an opinion when this thread started, I am in no position to criticise those who did. For what it is worth, I was not sure about Farke's methods from the second half of last season continuing into the beginning of this season. The team managed just 17 points in the last 16 matches, then lost half of the opening 6 games in a fashion worryingly similar to the start of last season.

I am happy to be proven wrong and consider that he and Stuart to be taking this club in the right direction. Sure, in 12 months my comments could look foolish and those at the beginning of this thread look like Nostradamus, but that is the beauty of hindsight.

Separately, I notice "Thebigfella" stopped commenting on here in September...about the time things started to come good. Why is that?

This thread just go's to show how incredible a turn around we are witnessing, to be fair to the OP it did take some time to see any light at the end of the tunnel at all... then BOOM! Everything seemed to click overnight, we have a management team that have assembled a brilliant squad on a shoe string budget while accelerating the growth of youth and selling the 'stars' of lesser teams for large profits.

The owners have made mistakes in the past, but they must be commended for instigating ambitious change that's proving to be an exceptional move, they've learnt to identify the right football model and people to put trust in (the Jez Moxley debacle may prove to be a blessing in disguise long term)

Really hoping everyone is enjoying this spectacular, crazy ride we are on.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Fair enough Nigel, that's not how I see it so I guess we just look at things in a different way. I'll leave you to it, I don't want to be accused of sniping again.

17 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Fair enough Nigel, that's not how I see it so I guess we just look at things in a different way. I'll leave you to it, I don't want to be accused of sniping again.

Why on Earth would I accuse you of sniping when you finally debate with me?

Explain to me how you see Duncan's post as "holier than thou".

I see yours and the other objectors that way because you are criticising him for posting rather than criticising the content of his post.

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Bang on @nutty nigel and fair play @Duncan Edwards , truth is this is a very funny thread and who, apart from the totally humourless, wouldn't apreciate it getting bumped.