Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

8th highest prices in the country

Two Sheffield Clubs and Rotherham within spitting distance does not help them.Two fellow Championship clubs and a yo yo team within a few miles of Carrow Road and i think our attendances might suffer to a degree.

All this goes to show that news nowadays is what people want to read. Of course our cheapest tickets are 8th most expensive but there''s no context and no investigative journalism to give a balanced picture.
I still marvel that folk are so fick that they''ll pay way over the odds for their tickets year in and year out.[:)]

Really? So are we going to relocate Norwich or are we saying that our fans are so fickle that they''d change allegiances if there was a Sheffield club within spitting distance?

Damn our club for being in a city that isn''t in the North of England or just somewhere that''s more densely populated so that people would support clubs other than ours because ours is so bad and they are just money grabbing thieves blah blah blah

We should franchise to Leeds so that we can get a fairer representation of how many fans we really have. Bet we wouldn''t sell all our season tickets then!!!! Ha!!!! 🙈🙄🤒

Jesus Christ we''re more expensive than Man City! Fantastic value for money. I''m looking forward to a price reduction in view of the dross we''ve been served up this season.

Wouldn''t be surprised if this season ticket price malarkey hasn''t been put out to deflect attention away from what''s been going happening, or not as the case may be, on the pitch.Still, would be surprised if that situation doesn''t come back into the spotlight by the end of the week.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Wouldn''t be surprised if this season ticket price malarkey hasn''t been put out to deflect attention away from what''s been going happening, or not as the case may be, on the pitch.Still, would be surprised if that situation doesn''t come back into the spotlight by the end of the week.[/quote]
You think the club put this rubbish out?
[:O]
I wouldn''t be surprised if this thread sinks to oblivion.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
I remember reading last year that the binners had announced an increase in adult season ticket prices for the fourth successive year. Although I do remember something about a 5% reduction if they sold more than their usual few hundred...
[/quote]
I''ve double checked Ipswich prices,  neither of us were right [:)] 
2011 2012 2013 2014 frozen
2015 5% increase
2016 Frozen
2017 1:5% increase

I''m definitely getting a Man City season ticket then.

Just checked out travel for the Dec 3rd home game and it''s only £103 return.

Hang on, so it''s going to cost a fortune doing that 19 times a season. Not to mention I''d be watching a team that I don''t bloody support. Why did I want a Man City season ticket again?

Just seen that the scum are offering a half season ticket in the Bobby Robson shed or whatever for a tenner.

That''s like a pound a game or something.

Any takers?

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="nutty nigel"]
I remember reading last year that the binners had announced an increase in adult season ticket prices for the fourth successive year. Although I do remember something about a 5% reduction if they sold more than their usual few hundred...
[/quote]
I''ve double checked Ipswich prices,  neither of us were right [:)] 
2011 2012 2013 2014 frozen
2015 5% increase
2016 Frozen
2017 1:5% increase
[/quote]
The report in the EADT says fourth successive year. Right under the photo of the binners holding a banner "Evans wake up or sell up"I wonder if they''re the same ones who waved their grubby fivers at us. Looks like they ended up the paupers they always were [:D]
It would be interesting to see a survey showing which clubs had most tickets available at their cheapest price. That may not be the news that people want to read though.

I''d feel a bit sorry for them if they didn''t renew because of this cheapest ticket nonsense. Especially if they have decent seats now. Although casual tickets will be available they probably won''t be where they prefer to sit. 
But, having said that, if they''re daft enough......

For what it''s worth I think my ticket in a centre block of the South Stand isn''t bad value for money. In the Championship it currently works out at under £24.50 a game and I think most casual tickets for the same price band are usually £30 or more. Coupled with that there''s plenty of banter as we''ve all had tickets there for years. It''s a virtual kids-free zone too so no one''s squirming around with boredom if you fancy a snooze and as an added bonus most of us old boys have reasonably secure bladders so we''re not up and down the stairs every five minutes.Yes, it is a bit cheaper behind the goals and wings but I don''t think the view''s so good. In the Barclay many are blinded by the sun too.The downside is that although we may be a high 8th in the ticket price table we''re easily the worst culprits for demanding early renewals. How can they justify having a deadline for '' best price '' tickets as early as February ? Pay up front and they''ve got all your money six months early and even those paying by direct debit have parted with half their cash before a ball''s been kicked. I can''t remember how and when the date got pushed so far back but it seems sharp practice to me.

Smiffy, we''re not 8th in the ticket price table. Just this stupid non table about cheapest tickets. But you''re right and if people are conned by that they should just decide if they think their ticket is VFM. 

Been hunting around for some value for money for Tilly and anyone else that wishes there were other clubs nearby that they could support.

If you want more bang for your buck, how about a season ticket at Wroxham for just £120.

That''s less than 1/4 of the price of our cheapest season ticket. Entry to all first team, reserve and youth games and if you just went to the first team games it would still present you with a £2 per match saving against the casual walk up price.

I can''t believe more people haven''t realised that this kind of value is available ON OUR DOORSTEP.

Might have a look at Norwich United next...

Thank heavens we haven''t already made our move to South Yorkshire for Tilly.

Nine goals at Bramall Lane tonight, no shortage of entertainment there and the season tickets are cheaper.

If we''d already made the proposed move we''d probably have an attendance of 46 or something on Saturday.

Anyway, all this VFM stuff does explain why the Pussy Wagon can often be seen on the Lidl car park at the Larkman rather than the M&S food halls mile or so away.

Best of both worlds - local AND cheap.

Why to charge ppl less when at higher price there is enough interest for tickets and ground is almost sold out week in week out?

Its pure business logic imo.

We will have low price when interest for tickets failed ...

with such a non inspired displays not be long in a future this day :/

When I compare team play even at last 7-8 games from last season under Alan Irvine is shocking difference how boring we become at least at home.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Thank heavens we haven''t already made our move to South Yorkshire for Tilly. [/quote]Getting back to your post regarding empty seats at Barnsley just imagine Kings Lynn were say Sheff Wed,Yarmouth became Sheff Utd and Wroxham morphed into Rotherham flirting between the Championship and League one which geographically with regard to South Yorks is about right you don''t think then that there would be a few thousand empty seats at Carrow Road ?

Cor, yeah!!!! Who would you support then? You could change every week.

How desperate are you to knock your own club? So desperate that we have to imagine that the city we live in is geographically positioned elsewhere in order to downplay the size of our attendance?

See, being a Norwich fan, if Norwich was in Yorkshire, London or if we had a nearby metropolis, I’d still go and watch, erm, Norwich. The fact that you think Norwich fans would switch allegiances based on price speaks volumes.

Which Yorkshire club would you be supporting at the moment?

You might be on to something though, perhaps we could relocate to the moon? Only club there, league and cup double every season.....we’d feel like Celtic.

Stating that we have less competition for fans due to our location is not ''playing down our attendance'' it is just a simple fact.

It’s a stupid and irrelevant point however you want to dress it up.

Norwich isn’t in South Yorkshire. If it was, I’d still support, erm, Norwich. Because I’m a Norwich fan.

Why don’t Ipswich get the attendances we get? They’re the only club in Suffolk? Or is the draw of Haverhill Rovers dragging people away?

Anyway, I’ve just spoken to the club and they’ve apologised for Norwich not being positioned more centrally so that our supporters could support someone else with cheaper tickets.

It’s weird though, I lived in London for two years and had the choice of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Palace, Fulham, QPR, Orient, West Ham, Charlton, Millwall.....I still supported Norwich....

I thought the pricing policy was a deliberate measure to try to attract the sophisticated metropolitan elite and left-wing luvvies to attend our games and bolster our reputation as Britain''s premier "Showbiz Club"?Seems reasonable enough.Apples

Go on any train from Norwich to London on a Saturday morning and you''ll see loads of people who live in Norwich going off to support any number of London teams. But as they are probaly getting their season ticket for less than they would pay at Norwich, and seeing better football, who can blame them.

It''s neither stupid nor irrelevant.

It''s relevant in the choices of young fans - those who grow up in or around Norwich really only have Norwich as an option to go watch high level football. If you''re born 10 miles outside of Barnsley and you want to go and watch football you''ve got multiple options.

If you think everyone who goes to watch Norwich is just a Norwich fan you''re either not looking or very naive. I know two West Bromwich fans who have Norwich season tickets as they want to watch football and we''re their only option. I used to sit near plenty of younger fans whose alligence changed the second Arsenal or United came to town. These are all fans who we might not have in a more crowded area.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Go on any train from Norwich to London on a Saturday morning and you''ll see loads of people who live in Norwich going off to support any number of London teams. But as they are probaly getting their season ticket for less than they would pay at Norwich, and seeing better football, who can blame them.[/quote]To my way of thinking - call it old fashioned if you like - you only truly support a team if :A) They''re your hometown club and you live there.B) They''re your hometown club and you don''t live there.B) You don''t live there but fall into supporting a team through family connections.D) You''ve never supported a team but the place you move to has one and you start supporting that team.It shouldn''t be about how good other teams are, distance or relative cost in going to see them. If they''re '' your '' team it should be above all that.

[quote user="king canary"]It''s neither stupid nor irrelevant.

It''s relevant in the choices of young fans - those who grow up in or around Norwich really only have Norwich as an option to go watch high level football. If you''re born 10 miles outside of Barnsley and you want to go and watch football you''ve got multiple options.

If you think everyone who goes to watch Norwich is just a Norwich fan you''re either not looking or very naive. I know two West Bromwich fans who have Norwich season tickets as they want to watch football and we''re their only option. I used to sit near plenty of younger fans whose alligence changed the second Arsenal or United came to town. These are all fans who we might not have in a more crowded area.[/quote]
You mean they''re paying customers we might not have. No loss there. There''s probably Norwich fans missed out because they have tickets. Forget allegiance to money, I expect I''m in a minority in believing that an empty seat is better than one occupied by another club''s fan.