Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

OT: The Ashes

Pretty even first day''s play. Great to see Stoneman and Vince among the runs - here''s hoping that Malan can add to his score overnight. The Aussies are truly world class at talking trash, but are they really as good as they want us to think they are? And are we really as bad as they seem to be implying? I think this series is going to be a great deal closer than a lot of people think (especially Aussies).Bloody frustrating that there aren''t even any highlights on terrestrial TV, although you can watch the highlights from 7pm the next day on btsport.com regardless of whether you have a subscription.

Thanks for the tip regarding highlights. As you say, shame they''re not on terrestrial telly. 8 minutes of online highlights of a whole day''s play isn''t great, but better than nothing I suppose.

It''s harder to get into it by not being able to see or hear any of it. And I am not hardcore enough to stay up.I could do a ''Likely Lads'' and try and catch the replay on digital radio.

Day 2 will be a big day for the shackle draggers. I listened to Talkshite this morning and they have sent Alan Brazil to the other side of the world, now what would he know about cricket ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Day 2 will be a big day for the shackle draggers. I listened to Talkshite this morning and they have sent Alan Brazil to the other side of the world, now what would he know about cricket ?[/quote]His head is the same colour and shape as a cricket ball. That''s the only link I can think of.

[quote user="Rhubarb"]Here''s some of the Tea ladies having a tryhttp://cricfree.sc/sky-sports-cricket-live-streamPerhaps later on it will be the men... it was last nightahem, so a friend tells me[/quote]Thanks.Important first session ''tomorrow''. Thing with England is you never know when the next collapse will come. Few of the matches will go the distance as neither team currently has strength in batting. IF we can get to 450 we have a great chance.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Thanks.Important first session ''tomorrow''. Thing with England is you never know when the next collapse will come. Few of the matches will go the distance as neither team currently has strength in batting. IF we can get to 450 we have a great chance.[/quote]this is the best ashes to ashes

ps Geoffrey just said the nashers match

Managed to stay up until about 3 this morning and woke up again for the final hour. Forgot how much of a killer lunch and rain breaks are to try and stay up through! Hopefully we''ll be a bit more expansive with the bat today - will certainly make staying awake easier - but I''d take a draw so can''t complain too much if we continue to dig in.

Here we goclick on ashes to ashes link aboveenjoy your nights viewing

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Glad I''ve got Skysports with virginmedia ''coz I get BT Sport with it. [/quote]whereas all those naughty folk are watching this for nothingI do hope you never engage in such illicit acts 

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I''ve also got a Kodi box [/quote]don''t worrythe right ointment should soon clear it upjust don''t scratch it.... not in public anyway 

Gotta get rid of Smith ASAP. Remove him and we should be able to get a first-innings lead…

Smith still in, but 3rd ball with the new ball and we get our second wicket for the day Half one in the morning now time for bed, let hope they can finish them off before they make up the 100 they are behind.Goodnight.  z z z z z 

Will need a monumental innings from Root to save this test. Cook playing like he''s ready to spend more time with his family.

Let''s be honest, we did well to take it to 5 days really. Well beaten, but we did give them a run for their money with some good first innings bowling and batting. Just a shame we were so god damn awful during the second...

We came into this series off the back of a shambles off field losing one of our best bowlers and all rounders, Cook been rubbish all summer and two aging strike bowlers who can''t generate the pace needed for Aussie pitches.

This is the worst squad bar a few players we''ve sent to Australia, even when we had a chance to when we had the at 7 wickets down still 100 runs behind we choked, gave them a lead and list by an innings!

This has 5-0 all over it.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I think it''s my fault, every time I went to bed with England doing well, they started to collapse after that   [/quote]There maybe a deeper meaning thereTry to relax,Anxiety can cause many a man to lose his wicket early on

Not sure I can take the tension of this game today.

I know we''re highly unlikely to win but at least we''re giving it a good go.