Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Another Zimmerman

I see reports we''ve made an approach fro 25yr old Matthias Zimmermann, from Stuttgart.

The full back, who can also play in midfield, was instrumental in the Stuttgart team who on the Bundesliga 2 title last year, and Crystal Palace are also interested in a deal for the impressive player.

Looks promising as he can play right midfield or defense, and better still is a Bundesliga 2 player, much closer to Championship level than the German 4th tier.

Thoughts?

I think we''re weak on the right side of defence. Pinto in a back four is a bit of a liability and I don''t think Martin has the legs for this position any more. So thumbs up, provided of course he can actually defend.

Did I read he is a Right Back? Thats ok, but its a Left Back we desperately need - Declan John has just joined Rangers on loan, a deal like that would be OK

With our scouts, perhaps we just signed the wrong one in the first place.

The Germans being the sane, professional people they are, their transfer window closes at 7pm. They clearly think there are better ways for fans to spend an evening than glued to their keyboards, getting worked up over mostly imaginary possible comings and goings! 

I figured out our master plan: our scouts spotted all Zimmermanns and we''ll sign them. Imagine the confusion among our oppositions when they face a team of eleven Zimmermanns. ("I told you to mark Zimmermann, not Zimmermann") .

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Yet I believe the Spanish window closes tomorrow - so Coutinho could still move tomorrow.

They need a set time between all the big leagues[/quote]Of course. How could it be anything other than mañana? [:D]

He torn his cruciate ligament in a game today

https://www.zvw.de/inhalt.vfb-stuttgart-zimmermann-schwer-am-knie-verletzt.ddac1f65-1139-48fa-8ee3-7ab890187b02.html

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]No more German players for me until we assess if any of the ones we have are any good[/quote]

Need to be going for proven Championship players from now on.

Cannot afford any more experiments with players who hope to make the grade here.