Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Nelson off...

Reading won''t happen, no way they''re going to match our valuation of him. If Wolves/Mendes really want him then since they do have silly cash to throw about, I really hope we''ve told them £15m up front or they can farke right off... We have absolutely no reason to sell unless we want to and if he wants to go, lets wring every last penny out of them. Big fan of Nelson but realistically £15m could buy us a better replacement from Europe or South America with a bit to spare.

Two rumours in quick succession does look like his agent is *very* keen to move him on. I wonder what Nelson''s part in it all is?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Two rumours in quick succession does look like his agent is *very* keen to move him on. I wonder what Nelson''s part in it all is?[/quote]Well if he has got an £8m release clause then there''s not a lot we can do other than offer an increase in wages and/or try to persuade him that our prospects are better than those of Wolves, Reading or anyone else who comes calling.Hopefully in the end he''d decide that Carrow Rd is the place to be.

Has anyone actually said for certain that Nelson has a clause?

He seemed keen to put down some roots and have a few seasons in one place when he joined, having been loaned out here and there over the years, so it would seem odd for him to be wanting out. Maybe it''s his agent after yet another payday for himself so is touting him about.

You beat me to that point Branston, he said when he arrived that he appreciated the fact that we bought him rather than a loan/trial. I reckon this story is all bullshoite.PS  Nelson, I''d give my right arm and my right  eye to see you stay. Geddit ?

I''ll remind you of my post on the first page of this

thread.......[quote user="lappinitup"]I asked Webber last night about Oliviera and

Jerome and he said he expected them both to be here at the start of the

season.[/quote][Y]

Potentially unpopular opinion inbound:

Oliviera would be a bigger loss than Jacob. Jacob is potential and we need to get back to the Pl as soon as possible, Oliviera is a 20 goal a season striker at this level if he stays fit but is also a complete footballer and good all round forward. in the top 3 striker in this division imo, in this league you tend to get either a poacher or a good player who doesn''t score many, Nelson is both and losing him would be catastrophic.

if there''s a 10 million release clause, which is only rumoured at the moment then we''re really screwed, if not, then 15 million as an absolute minimum.

If Fulham can get 13 for McCormack then we should be asking for 20 for Oliviera

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Has anyone actually said for certain that Nelson has a clause? [/quote]
It was mentioned by someone as a "what if he does" type of comment, and then people started commenting as if it were factual. I did point this out at the time, that it wasn''t helpful to be discussing it when there was absolutely nothing to support this, or a scenario in which it made sense. I didn''t realise Mendes was his agent, but that makes it even more unlikely I would think, given that he is working with Wolves, I would think if Nelson did have a release clause, then it would have been activated if Wolves were interested. 
It is absolutely not a fact, and in my opinion incredibly unlikely.

Here''s a better candidate for unpopularity:
Bigger loss than Jacob, yes; catastrophic loss, no. Good player, but certainly not irreplaceable now that we have a continental-savvy recruitment department that knows what it''s doing. 

Oliviera is a 20 goal a season striker at this level

i do not want him to leave at all as i think he is a complete forward and the best we have BUT he has never score more than 15 goals in one season 200 games / 45 goals

will improve maybe ,will he stay fit maybe, is he the best we have yes i think so . would i sell for 10 million yes