Sign in to follow this  
morty

Team for Rotherham.

[quote user="Leedscanary"][quote user="morty"]Jesus Christ.[/quote]

Crap with crosses[/quote][:D]You going to the game, can''t be far for you mate?

agreed Hogesar. Anything less than 3 points in this game is a failure for me. Momentum, points and improved morale essential at this juncture with so many losses blotting the copybook so far this season

I hope he plays a blinder at LB, if he can put in a good shift against Saints then I''m sure he''ll be up to the task against R''Ham and even more so if buddy Naismith''s in the team.

I think Whittaker has hit a purple patch plus he''s such an enigmatic guy... ;)

With speculation about Brady and Olsson -               RuddyPinto Martin Klose Whittaker        Howson Tettey    Jacob  Naismith Wes            Oilveira             (Still waiting for a team from the orchestrator general btw)

Sorry Morgan and others, I''ll stop.  It''s too easy to get dragged down to Morty''s level.  Hounds

me incessantly about starting team threads with teams he doesn''t like

and then starts one himself without even putting a team on it. But in the interests of the board, I''ll stop.

Should be the same team as against Derby. Whitaker is iffy defensively as a right back, let alone out of position at left back so god help us if we are accepting that as a viable situation for the next few games. Beggars belief that the club can allow such a situation to arise in the absence of a horrendous injury crisis.

Tbf I think everyone thinks your teams are garbage. Dorrans as left midfielder was a particular highlight.

Still, you copied my team this week, so you''re finally learning and following the lead of the genius that I am.

Jim, Whittaker had a good game against S''Hampton and can put in a shift against lower level Champ sides - I''m not saying he''s the messiah but given the options we have he''s better than Martin at LB which I recall we had as emergency a few months ago.

If you can think of any other options, and please don''t say recalling Toffolo off loan, then I''ll be open to suggestions

Can''t see us going three at the back as without Olson and Brady unavailable we don''t really have many options for a left sided wing back as Whits doesn''t have the pace.

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Klose Whittaker

Howson Tetty

Murphy Wes Naismith

Oliveira

any more news on Klose''s injury? Left the ground after Southampton in a protective boot.

Assuming he''s fit, I''d go with the majority of the team that beat Derby;

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Whitaker

Tettey Howson

Naismith Wes Murphy

Oliveira

They''re averaging more than 2 goals conceded in every game, and despite our recent problems, we haven''t stopped scoring goals (Brentford aside), so we should be confident of a win.

I seem to recall a match in the not too distant past where Whittaker was playing Left Back, may have been as a sub due to injury or sending off, and within minutes we had let in a goal because he failed to stop a cross. Can''t remember the specific details but would have thought that others remember it? I''m not a Whittaker hater but don''t think he would offer much protection at Left Back.

[quote user="Morgan"]Jim, Whittaker had a good game against S''Hampton and can put in a shift against lower level Champ sides - I''m not saying he''s the messiah but given the options we have he''s better than Martin at LB which I recall we had as emergency a few months ago.

If you can think of any other options, and please don''t say recalling Toffolo off loan, then I''ll be open to suggestions[/quote]

There are no other options I agree and that''s not Whitaker''s (who I am happy to have as our back up right back) fault. I''m just saying that barring a terrible injury crisis the manager/board should not allow us to get in the position where we have to play him at left back for even one game, let alone the three we have in the next 7 days.

Letting crosses in too easily is hardly a problem limited to Whittaker.

Doesn''t Whittaker have to be involved as the designated penalty taker (while Dorrans is out injured)?

Apples

[quote user="lake district canary"]With speculation about Brady and Olsson -               RuddyPinto Martin Klose Whittaker        Howson Tettey    Jacob  Naismith Wes            Oilveira             (Still waiting for a team from the orchestrator general btw)

[/quote]Jesus Christ, what sort of sad case are you?I started the thread because no one else had, it was absolutely nothing to do with annoying you, which it clearly has.And the reason I didn''t post a team is that I have been out of the country for the best part of a month, and was happy to defer to people with better current knowledge than myself, rather than post a badly informed opinion of my own.Is that okay with you?

An away day I don''t often miss, our record against them for the last 50 years is W9 D10 L1 and they are really awful this season so I''m feeling quietly confident of a win and let''s be honest nothing but a win will do tomorrow.
I''d be happy to put out the same team from vs Derby, the supposed move of Olsson has gone a bit quiet so lets make the most of him while we still have him.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]With speculation about Brady and Olsson -               RuddyPinto Martin Klose Whittaker        Howson Tettey    Jacob  Naismith Wes            Oilveira             (Still waiting for a team from the orchestrator general btw)

[/quote]Jesus Christ, what sort of sad case are you?I started the thread because no one else had, it was absolutely nothing to do with annoying you, which it clearly has.And the reason I didn''t post a team is that I have been out of the country for the best part of a month, and was happy to defer to people with better current knowledge than myself, rather than post a badly informed opinion of my own.Is that okay with you?[/quote]

Not sad, just pointing out stuff.  I''ve started several team threads just before matches when no-one else had bothered - and said so, but you attacked them anyway.  My teams may have been "different" or "experimental" and I may be out of the CR bubble and not as up on players as others, but at least I make the effort to come up with a team.  Your effort was practically non- existent.

LDC, on this occasion you have bought this on yourself completely. You didn''t need to have to provoke anyone did you?

And you shouldn''t care if people don''t like your team selection, it''s fantasy anyway, it''s not as if you actually have the final say so it doesn''t matter.

I understand the point you''re trying to make LDC but it doesn''t hold it''s weight in argument really.

If you suggest a team it can be rightly criticised. Yours were criticised and reasons were given. Morty is perfectly allowed to criticise your team selection just as you could do his.

Morty however, has been intelligent and asked other people what they think the team should be because he hasn''t seen much of us playing recently (logical reasoning). You could do the same but then I understand you''d never have the opportunity to suggest a team.

[quote user="Morgan"]LDC, on this occasion you have bought this on yourself completely. You didn''t need to have to provoke anyone did you?

And you shouldn''t care if people don''t like your team selection, it''s fantasy anyway, it''s not as if you actually have the final say so it doesn''t matter.[/quote]Lol. I don''t care if people don''t like my teams and it''s not to do with that anyway. Team selections are a bit of fun for people to either second guess the selection or to come up with something they would like to see.  My gripe on here is for someone who lords it over others and then can''t be bothered to come up with something himself.  (Ok, Lessingham, I''ll get my hat)