Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

All quiet on the transfer front

"TC, I think you may have broken him (tbh, it was only a matter of time)."

Does "breaking" somebody sum up your approach to this debating forum?

Is that how you see it?

What a strange attitude.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Your misuse of the quotes function for a start.

My mistake and contradiction re: youngsters at Norwich City and perhaps your original insistence upon going on about Tony Spearing''s past when my bloomer was right in front of you. Why didn''t you bring up that little clutch first time round instead of needing to work at it?

I have to admit defeat over that then, but you needed to do a bit of back research to get there when your ammunition for rebuke was right under your nose.

Let''s hope some if not all of these youngsters that our brilliant scouting team have gathered at Carrow Road grace the first team squad sooner rather than later and my only defence now is that I meant lower league gems who could step straight into the first team squad in the way McCarthy''s seem to and WHO NEED NOT NECESSARILY BE YOUNGSTERS.

None of those, plucked from lower leagues have actually played for City at top level yet. They are the future. We need a left back and centre half etc. now and we don''t have the money for many big signatures, hence my insistence on a lower league gem.[/quote]

I makes you wonder why people who dislike being found out post on a public forum.A simple apology would''ve sufficed instead we get more attempts at trying to save face. [:)]

Apology?

For what?

Oh well, little things etc.

I apologise for nor expressing myself sufficiently well enough in my original posting in as much as what I wrote did not accurately express what I meant. This subsequently caused you you to waste so much time and effort putting me in my place, which I regret.

I don''t think I am "broken" though, as that fruit put it. I know what I meant.

"Oh dear, BroadstairsR has clearly blown a gasket and needs a hug...any volunteers out there?"

Apples

Try not to be any more silly than you have to be old fruit.

"I apologise for nor expressing myself sufficiently well enough..."

I''m not sure whether that was deliberate or not?

Apples

@BroadstairsRFair play to you Broadstairs; all of us get things wrong, not all will acknowledge it.Regarding lower league gems, the fact that we haven''t brought in the type of player you''re talking about (as opposed to the promising youngsters we all know about) doesn''t mean we haven''t had them on our radar. I think it mainly reflects the deliberate policy we''ve pursued up to now (both times) of trying to keep our ex-PL squad together and building from there with players of equivalent or better quality and experience. Look at the kind of players PL strugglers sign, for example Olsson!

Who seriously would want to come. A club in decline with no cash dropping like a stone in the league. A manager on a life support unit just waiting for some half wit to switch it off. Club morale at a very very low point we look really attractive at the moment unless of course you are a mercenary journeyman we have seen a few of those

@ westcoastcanary

Yes. I expressed myself badly in my original post and it led to much ado about nothing and a misunderstanding.

You have understood my point. The clue was in my mention of Mick McCarthy who manages to consistently pick up players from, the lower leagues who immediately feature in his first team squad. Mings, Webster are two off the top of my head and he got a decent regular from Colchester in Freddie Sears. There have been others.

We are supposed to be tight with money so we can probably only go for one big signing this winter. Yet we need a left back and a centre back at least and there are certainly a few gems in L1 and L2 who could step up to the mark and who would be less expensive. They need not necessarily be youngsters.

We have no recent history of this type of signing (my very first game was when Ron Davies made his debut. We picked him up from Luton) and the reason for this might be more akin to the reason you suggested than inadequacies in scouting.

We could do worse than to follow the McCarthy approach which is a result of the fact that he hardly ever has a pot to pee in. I would hope that we are not heading in that direction just yet though.

@Broadstairs

I think that might come as a bit of a shock to some Ipswich fans- I''ve seen quite a bit of complaining about his love of over the hill clogging journeymen. Douglas and Chambers are two I hear mentioned quite a bit.

Yes, agreed.

He''s had quite few failures as well. Chambers has been a regular for a few seasons now and he''s their captain. They got him from Wolves when they were at a low ebb.

The main complaint about him is due to the fact that he is played at full back where he is not rated. He is/was a decent central defender.

From the Olsson thread:-

"If the Daily Mail are to be believed, the replacement for Olsson could be 28 yr old James Meredith, Bradford left back, never played above League 1. Two caps for Australia. A right cheap replacement no doubt."

Hmm. Interesting in the context of this debate.

In relation to BroadstairsR''s point about lower league gems, Ben Purrington is worth keeping an eye on. He''ll play for Plymouth tomorrow against Liverpool, although maybe out of position.

Mr Versatile our Chairman

Ex Politician

Ex Dancer

Ex TV Personality

Ex Radio Host

Ex Waster

Now prepared to fill in at Left Back for NCFC

AN Commented Ed ticks all the boxes once we get him up to speed we feel he will be an asset to the club and is going out on loan to Corbyn Athletic in the lower league to help progress his career

Day 17 draws to a close, nothing incoming, Olsson confirmed, kids playing tomorrow so we''re going out the cup but not as funny as the Binners against Lincoln.

Who knows what delights we will enjoy the next two and half weeks.

Norwich City have reportedly made an enquiry about Bradford Left back James Meredith.

How are the club going to get promoted bringing in lesser players who have to rely on being motivated by AN?

Komakino, you really do know how to p1ss in my latte...

How''d you think we got promoted with Lambert? And who says they''re any ''lesser''? Just because they''re lower league? It''s cutting the cloth accordingly.

Dr Greenthumb, can you give us a link to the BBC''s story on Sako please?

Would be a strange target, not just because of his recent performances, or lack thereof, but he''s out at AFCON and won''t be able to play for us until the last game of the month, at the earliest. He could, if Mali reach the final, miss 3 or 4 Norwich games.

[quote user="Morgan"]Komakino, you really do know how to p1ss in my latte...

How''d you think we got promoted with Lambert? And who says they''re any ''lesser''? Just because they''re lower league? It''s cutting the cloth accordingly.[/quote]

We got promoted with Sir Paul because we had a manager who made average players into good players with something to prove.

Today, we have a manager that makes good players into average or poor players who have nothing to prove.

How does buying lower league players square with the clubs B*llsh*t claims of ''Promotion, Promotion, Promotion''?

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="Morgan"]Komakino, you really do know how to p1ss in my latte...

How''d you think we got promoted with Lambert? And who says they''re any ''lesser''? Just because they''re lower league? It''s cutting the cloth accordingly.[/quote]

We got promoted with Sir Paul because we had a manager who made average players into good players with something to prove.

Today, we have a manager that makes good players into average or poor players who have nothing to prove.

How does buying lower league players square with the clubs B*llsh*t claims of ''Promotion, Promotion, Promotion''?[/quote]Would you rather the club had said something different?If they hadn''t signalled their desire to get promoted, if possible, would you have bashed them for it?

Feels a bit crap to be "making enquiries" at this stage.

If I was in charge, I''d have had a left back ready to come in as soon as the window opened. We''ve been light there since Garrido left pretty much, so light that having sold one player we now have no recognised left backs in the squad.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="komakino"][quote user="Morgan"]Komakino, you really do know how to p1ss in my latte...

How does buying lower league players square with the clubs B*llsh*t claims of ''Promotion, Promotion, Promotion''?[/quote]Would you rather the club had said something different?If they hadn''t signalled their desire to get promoted, if possible, would you have bashed them for it?

[/quote]

I would rather the club be honest with their intentions than be at best, disingenuous.

As I''ve stated many times on heat before, I was told from a source - a very reliable one at that - at the club just prior to the AGM that the club had not budgeted for and did not want to go up THIS season.

As crazy as this might sound to some, the events since the AGM would suggest that my source is absolutely ''on the money'' as the club have done absolutely nothing whatsoever to change that view.

I''m always an ''actions rather than words'' person, and being a NCFC fan you have to be, because nothing they say can be taken with anything other than a pinch of salt.

Let''s see how ambitious the board is this transfer window.

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="morty"][quote user="komakino"][quote user="Morgan"]Komakino, you really do know how to p1ss in my latte...

[/quote]

I would rather the club be honest with their intentions than be at best, disingenuous.

As I''ve stated many times on heat before, I was told from a source - a very reliable one at that - at the club just prior to the AGM that the club had not budgeted for and did not want to go up THIS season.

As crazy as this might sound to some, the events since the AGM would suggest that my source is absolutely ''on the money'' as the club have done absolutely nothing whatsoever to change that view.

I''m always an ''actions rather than words'' person, and being a NCFC fan you have to be, because nothing they say can be taken with anything other than a pinch of salt.

Let''s see how ambitious the board is this transfer window.[/quote]I doubt very much that the board would set out on the season with the specific intention of not, at least, trying to get promoted.However reliable you think your "source" is.

And, of course, your claim would have had much more credibility had it been stated when we were top of the league.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Dr Greenthumb, can you give us a link to the BBC''s story on Sako please?

Would be a strange target, not just because of his recent performances, or lack thereof, but he''s out at AFCON and won''t be able to play for us until the last game of the month, at the earliest. He could, if Mali reach the final, miss 3 or 4 Norwich games.[/quote]

Norwich City have made a £3.5m bid for Bakary Sako as they prepare for life after Robbie Brady (who seems to be Burnley bound). [BBC]

I would imagine this is when Brady goes and I think the club will drag this out until the end of the month