Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

All quiet on the transfer front

Isn''t your "well connected source" keeping you informed of what''s happening right now then?

Morty wrote:

Barnsley centre half, Angus Macdonald.

Link:

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/norwich-city-set-to-raid-championship-club-for-1-5m-defender/

"How are the club going to get promoted bringing in lesser players who have to rely on being motivated by AN?"

Seems a bit drastic, but that''s the way the financial cookie crumbles.

It seems more and more obvious that the Club went ''hit and bust'' last time this year in their failed attempt at Premier League survival (Klose, Pinto, Naismith.)

I think we can probably afford one big signing, especially if Brady goes, but we need another central defender and a left full-back at least.

It''s a new demand on our scouting team, trawling the lower leagues for the odd gem who is capable of stepping straight into the first team squad.

Should they find one or two then we would need rely upon AN to use them wisely and motivate them as the above quote suggests.

Thanks, Dr Greenthumb. Still can''t see anything on the Beeb''s website, so I reckon this is probably just from one of those transfer rumour accounts on Twitter.

[quote user="komakino"]I would rather the club be honest with their intentions than be at best, disingenuous.

As I''ve stated many times on heat before, I was told from a source - a very reliable one at that - at the club just prior to the AGM that the club had not budgeted for and did not want to go up THIS season.

As crazy as this might sound to some, the events since the AGM would suggest that my source is absolutely ''on the money'' as the club have done absolutely nothing whatsoever to change that view.[/quote]You can state it as many times as you like but that still won''t make it true. We spent perhaps a couple of million more in the summer than we received, we kept hold of high earners such as Brady, Klose, Olsson and Naismith when we could easily have offloaded them and got in cheaper replacments, and we have budgeted to make a loss close to 10 million pounds this season. Only an imbecile could possibly think that represents budgeting to avoid promotion.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="komakino"]I would rather the club be honest with their intentions than be at best, disingenuous.

As I''ve stated many times on heat before, I was told from a source - a very reliable one at that - at the club just prior to the AGM that the club had not budgeted for and did not want to go up THIS season.

As crazy as this might sound to some, the events since the AGM would suggest that my source is absolutely ''on the money'' as the club have done absolutely nothing whatsoever to change that view.[/quote]You can state it as many times as you like but that still won''t make it true. We spent perhaps a couple of million more in the summer than we received, we kept hold of high earners such as Brady, Klose, Olsson and Naismith when we could easily have offloaded them and got in cheaper replacments, and we have budgeted to make a loss close to 10 million pounds this season. Only an imbecile could possibly think that represents budgeting to avoid promotion.[/quote]

I''m merely passing on what I was told, but the club have and are doing absolutely nothing to back up Moxey''s AGM ''Claim''.

The club are not remotely serious and sticking with a manager who couldn''t motivate a child to have an ice cream is not a club that wants to get promoted.

I know Delia was ''unhappy'' about the "redundancies" at CR before Christmas, but Moxey''s vision is no different to hers - Championship Football.

It would make absolutely zero business sense for the club to purposely miss out on promotion.

Your "source" may well have told you that, I won''t argue that part might well have happened, but it absolutely cannot be true.

komakino wrote:

We got promoted with Sir Paul because we had a manager who made average players into good players with something to prove.

Today, we have a manager that makes good players into average or poor players who have nothing to prove.

How does buying lower league players square with the clubs B*llsh*t claims of ''Promotion, Promotion, Promotion''?

---------------------------

I''m convinced the Lambert era was almost unrepeatable. Everything clicked together.

Because we had sunk so low the opposition no longer saw us as anything special; Lambert''s arrival was perfectly timed to lift their spirits & instill self-belief in a set of players who soon realised they were actually too good for the opponents at the moment when said opponents had written them off. And we had Grant Holt, the absolute perfect player for us. Wily, skillful, charismatic, a natural leader who had somehow never been in the right situation before, he inspired all those around him. Completely underrated by other clubs, he surprised them time & time again.

A true but realistic self- belief is the biggest factor in success & it carried us right through the divisions, but of course, as with Napoleon''s 1812 assault on Russia, momentum always runs out eventually. You get clobbered once too many times & disillusionment sets in.

That''s where we are now. Lambert would probably improve things a bit, as would virtually any new manager, but we need to get rid of most of our squad & rebuild with enthusiastic players with nothing to lose. That ain''t gonna happen. I fear things will get worse before they get better.

" To every thing there is a season, turn, turn, turn."

My source high up the club has never told me they never wanted to go up !!

in fact complete opposite but football is a sliding scale

The players we are interested in selling and buying are completely different now than start of season or if we were top two or in the hunt for going up

but we have to cut our cloth to where we are now high wages with turnover getting less next season is rightly being addressed

They will budget now for championship next year with a very slim chance of going up

And yes i tell him everytime i see him it could of been different if they had sacked AN !!

There''s not a club in the whole of the Championship who would baulk at a chance to dine at the top table .... even if only for a season.

That especially includes Norwich City.

Theoretically a promoted club with limited ambitions and spending little could be set up for quite some time after just one season in the Premier League.

We can see the regular pattern being played out now.

Halfway through the window, start making silly superlow bids on a couple of defenders. Make sure the ''selling'' club would be more offended by the bid rather than be tempted to sell.

Buy a couple of sixteen year olds.

That should get us to the last day or two of the window with the fans placated, then at the last minute, spend any money we have on a midfielder.

Whinge about how other teams splurged a fortune on the players we had targeted, it wasn''t my fault etc.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Reasons why Lansbury might prefer Villa over us:

Villa are a much bigger club so future potential probably greater

Nottingham and Birmingham close to each other so may not have to uproot family (if he has one)

Been there, done that, got the T shirt so Villa is a new experience

Villa wifi probably offer better terms

Steve Bruce has a better CV than Alex Neil so more chance of improving as a player

Villa have a mega rich owner, Norwich have a retired cook.[/quote]Probably better fans too....[/quote]Definitely.Their weapons-grade whinging on '' Villa Talk '' puts this board to shame [:''(]

Latest Brady news ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/paddyjdavitt/status/822091007013638148

&

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3041742/bournemouth-join-chase-for-norwich-citys-robbie-brady-sources

Well, if Robbie''s off then the more clubs interested then the better it''ll be for us. I would imagine Bournemouth will probably be his choice as they''re unlikely to get relegated this season...

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Morty are you not concerned or sad that your club has to or is willing to sell its better players ?[/quote]I''m not going to cry about something that hasn''t happened yet, if that answers your question.If things haven''t worked out for Pritchard, and we sell him on, I would hope for a profit, then so be it.

If we sold Pritchard (big if) then it would be a damning indictment on the transfer policy at this club.

A club like us doesn''t spend £8m on a player and then sell him 6 months later without something having gone seriously wrong.

Alex Neil just said at the press conference that there has been no interest in Pritchard.Up to you whether or not you believe it I guess.*Well he would say that*No smoke without fire*Why would anyone want to play for this club/manager

@Morty

What it boils down to for me now is I have no faith in this manager to make decisions on the buying and selling of players. There may well be nothing in the Pritchard talk but it doesn''t sound unbelievable that Neil would be happy to move on Pritchard- something I think would be a big mistake.

I wonder if Pritchard''s agent is trying to stir up interest if he knows his man is unhappy and looking for a way out.

I would much rather he stayed and was played on a consistent basis. Is he giving Neil 100%?

Actually, is any player giving Neil 100%?!

I think this will be another grim transfer window, though we should all be getting used to it by now.

That''ll do, bite their hands off and resist any offer for Pritchard.

Please AN recognise Pritchard more. He is the core of our future (immediate.)

£13 million would be good business but does anyone know the details of the 25% sell-on clause to Hull? Usually it means 25% of the profit but every time I see it mentioned in the press it seems to refer to the whole fee.

Makes such a lot of difference.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]£13 million would be good business but does anyone know the details of the 25% sell-on clause to Hull? Usually it means 25% of the profit but every time I see it mentioned in the press it seems to refer to the whole fee.

Makes such a lot of difference.[/quote]Last time it was discussed I think we came to the conclusion that it was 25% of the profit.But I doubt anyone, other than Hull and Norwich properly know for sure.

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

What it boils down to for me now is I have no faith in this manager to make decisions on the buying and selling of players. There may well be nothing in the Pritchard talk but it doesn''t sound unbelievable that Neil would be happy to move on Pritchard- something I think would be a big mistake.[/quote]Then do you also think it "doesn''t sound unbelievable" that Neil would be happy to keep Lafferty? After all, that would be no less extraordinary than showing Pritchard the door!

@Westcoast

No, as those things are not linked in any way shape or form?

The reason I don''t see it as unbelievable is the fact Neil has barely played Pritchard since he signed, has never given him an extended run in the team and generally not seemed a fan.

kc, they are linked by both being decisions that Neil will make; if you say "I have no faith in this manager to make decisions on the buying and selling of players", that refers to every such decision. Since this also include the decisons to e.g. buy Klose, Oliveira, Pinto, Godfrey and Maddison, I''m genuinely puzzled as to what exactly your total distrust is founded on. It seems to me that you are letting the "failures" (Andreu; er, others?) unfairly cloud your judgement.

So any news on this left back from sporting? Have we actually made a firm bid anywhere? Or just paper talk like Pritchard?

Olsson gone itch negotiations ongoing for Brady are the two departures this window, strange that Klose hasn''t been linked to anyone given how some people were convinced he was unhappy here and would be gone in January.

Hopefully we might see the departure of Naismith and keep hold of Pritchard, I''d love the manager to give Pritchard the same chance as Naismith, with a run of games in the starting 11, he might just get up to speed and show us what he''s really about.