Sign in to follow this  
AJ

England vs Wales

Well, here we go then - thought we may as well get thing rolling with a thread for today''s small matter across the pond.

England must win to stand a chance of going through, unless we''re to expect some kind of Mike Bassett style luck!

A Welsh win would almost certainly see them through, whilst a draw would probably be enough to put one foot into the next round.

Predictions everyone?

I''m expecting a score draw myself, however, the most predicted result is a 2-1 England victory. I''d love to see both Wales and England progress, but would not want to see Wales progress instead of England!

Your second para is not quite correct AJ.

The top two from each group go through and the best FOUR of the third placed teams go through to the knock-out rounds.

It is difficult to fail actually, even for England.

Three more points should do it from the next two games.

Fair pointBroadstairs, you are quite right. In the most confusing fashion possibly by Eufa, most 3rd place teams will actually qualify for the next round.

England are unchanged from Russia. I''d agree with that, as long as Kane can find the net today!

I''m not convinced by Kane, thought we might have started with Vardy.

Lose today, and England are as good as on the plane home. Still, our fans could always run rampage around France and get us kicked out....

In 4 out of the 6 groups the top 3 go through. So to say if we lose today we are as good as out is probably wrong. If we do lose today and win vs Slovakia will put us on 4 points. I suspect that''s enough to go through.

Having done some quick maths, Move Klose is right. In most cases a win and draw would be enough to progress, just 1 win might be enough to see some teams through. 3 draws might be cutting it tight though!

I have decided to sit at home and watch the game and already i am regretting the decision.......Bale is currently being interviewed on BBC1 and ''Er Indoors has just asked me if he plays for England !!!!!! [:''(]

What does Sterling do apart from run around like a headless chicken and miss glorious chances time after time?!

[quote user="AJ"]What does Sterling do apart from run around like a headless chicken and miss glorious chances time after time?![/quote]

He shouldn''t be anywhere near the team

Kane is lethal with the dead ball. No one is safe behind the goal!

Did anyone notice 2 flags in the back.

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.net/4SP9Ve3CTCOPuUjYwZ58_GettyImages-540658688.jpg

Look forward to seeing how Roy and the team fix this. Milner time?

Pathetic from England. Manager should have gone two years ago!

I''m sure we''ve also got better free kick takers than Kane in the team too?

Sterling is frustrating with no end product.

can''t help but feel we''d be better off with Vardy of Sturridge on the field as well...

Once again we''re just folding at the tournament. I can''t help but feel he''s thrown away the good glimpses we shew against Germany by playing the way we are - Rooney is great and all that jazz, but he slows play down too much.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Is there some sort of rule that keepers have to let bale free kicks in ?[/quote]

Exactly but you must admit, its tough to stop a ball hit from 40 yards out at the middle of the goal at a perfect height for the keeper. At least he got both hands to it... w**ker.