Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

OT - Death of Jo Cox MP

This from the court hearing:

Asked his name the defendant in the dock says "My name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain."

I''ll just step away now.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Sparticus, every morning I scan the newspaper front pages on Sky or BBC online, so I certainly know what''s on their front page most days. As to being holier than thou, not me, just find of all the tabloids the Mail is the worst.[/quote]You know it''s always going to be one of : EU,  immigrants, lefties or dole scroungers Ron so cut out the middle man and save yourself a bit of time in the morning [;)]

I would but I like to see the other front pages. The Express headlines are always good for a laugh, if you believed half their headlines all diseases have been cured and we will live to 130. Mind you, that''s probably their target demographic!

[quote user="Jools"]It is an abomination, to put it incredibly mildy, that the EU & the establishment has seen fit to politicise this dear womans death [:@][/quote]
Asked his name the defendant in the dock says "My name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain." 

It is people like this that I would gladly bring back Capital Punishment for!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Unfortunately Purple is right, it was a senseless murder by a disturbed individual who has far right beliefs. It will be politicised, perhaps not by the Remain campaign leaders but certainly a number of their supporters and social media commentators. Had someone from the Leave camp been killed I guarantee the Leave campaign would do the same and probably more vociferously.[/quote]Ron, this may seem like semantics, but it isn''t. I see the word "senseless" is being used by the Daily Mail and perhaps others to explain away this crime, with "senseless" implying "motiveless", and by doing so trying to take politics out of it. Without being sure (I stress that) it seems probable this crime was far from motiveless. There was a motive behind it, and so a sense to in the (presumed) killer''s head. That the presumed killer may have been mentally unbalanced doesn''t make the crime any less political. A political motive is still a political motive even if it is created by madness.[/quote]Having now seen what the accused said in court I think it is fair to drop some of my earlier qualifications. It seems clear this was a political assassination. It also seems more probable than it did earlier that the specific political motivation was linked to a particular notion of Britishness that has been a significant feature of the referendum campaign.

Sadly if you bombard people with constant anti immigrant, anti refugee, anti Muslim nasty rhetoric some are going to believe it all. The weak willed, mentally unstable and politically naive are malleable. The press needs to start acting far more reponsibly or more of this will happen.

[quote user="Herman "]Sadly if you bombard people with constant anti immigrant, anti refugee, anti Muslim nasty rhetoric some are going to believe it all. The weak willed, mentally unstable and politically naive are malleable. The press needs to start acting far more reponsibly or more of this will happen.[/quote]Not just the press.  The politicians don''t come out of the referendum debate covered in glory either.

If only we had a Thought Police then we''d never have to listen to opinions we don''t like.[;)]

We have them on here Ricardo, anyone who disagrees with them are stupid, naive and easily influenced by the press , thank god we have these moral guardians who know best to lead us down the right road in life 😂

This is a truly tragic event and totally inexcusable, but if politicians fail to listen to the people then the people take extreme action. Unfortunately, Labour do not listen at all on immigration and actually have cause these problems, so there is no proper democracy. The EU is going the same way and you can see that by the rise of nationalism, especially after Merkel''s stupid invitation last year.
It appears that the majority of the country are in favour of LEAVE but again the majority of politicians are for staying in, quite often for personal and selfish reasons. 
We have to vote LEAVE to keep our democracy, otherwise in the EU the situation will continue to escalate because of the lack of democracy. 

This is a truly tragic event and totally inexcusable, but if politicians fail to listen to the people then the people take extreme action. Unfortunately, Labour do not listen at all on immigration and actually have cause these problems, so there is no proper democracy. The EU is going the same way and you can see that by the rise of nationalism, especially after Merkel''s stupid invitation last It appears that the majority of the country are in favour of LEAVE but again the majority of politicians are for staying in, quite often for personal and selfish reasons. 
We have to vote LEAVE to keep our democracy, otherwise in the EU the situation will continue to escalate because of the lack of democracy.

So what you are saying that if people don''t pander to the xenophobic end of the political debate they bring on crazed right wing lunatics stabbing them?

Perhaps you would like to rethink your post assuming you are not a member of the National Front?

I didn''t know her but she seems to be a very decent campaigning selfless person who stood up for the disadvantaged in society

Someone says murder is inexcusable then excuses it in the same sentence Scary.

[quote user="militantcanary"][quote user="paul moy"]This is a truly tragic event and totally

inexcusable, but if politicians fail to listen to the people then the

people take extreme action. Unfortunately, Labour do not listen at all

on immigration and actually have cause these problems, so there is no

proper democracy. The EU is going the same way and you can see that by

the rise of nationalism, especially after Merkel''s stupid invitation

last year.
It appears that the majority of the

country are in favour of LEAVE but again the majority of politicians are

for staying in, quite often for personal and selfish reasons. 
We

have to vote LEAVE to keep our democracy, otherwise in the EU the

situation will continue to escalate because of the lack of democracy. 

[/quote]

So what you are saying that if people don''t pander to the xenophobic end of the political debate they bring on crazed right wing lunatics stabbing them?

Perhaps you would like to rethink your post assuming you are not a member of the National Front?

I didn''t know her but she seems to be a very decent campaigning selfless person who stood up for the disadvantaged in society[/quote]^This!Paul Moy, your opinion is absolutely disgusting. This politically motivated assassination was not the result of when "politicians fail to listen to the people", it was born out of the horrendous intolerance and hatred which has been brought into the mainstream by the increasingly right wing press. You are a truly awful person!

[quote user="militantcanary"]This is a truly tragic event and totally inexcusable, but if politicians fail to listen to the people then the people take extreme action. Unfortunately, Labour do not listen at all on immigration and actually have cause these problems, so there is no proper democracy. The EU is going the same way and you can see that by the rise of nationalism, especially after Merkel''s stupid invitation last It appears that the majority of the country are in favour of LEAVE but again the majority of politicians are for staying in, quite often for personal and selfish reasons. 

I didn''t know her but she seems to be a very decent campaigning selfless person who stood up for the disadvantaged in society[/quote]
Labour have changed the demographic make-up of the country forever by encouraging mass immigration without the consent of the people to garner votes of ethnic minorities. That is exactly why we had the rise of UKIP as people sought a referendum.  
We had a chance of a seven-year moratorium on Polish immigration but declined it thanks to Blair.... SO NO DEMOCRACY. They said we''d only get a few thousand people but over the past ten years or so we''ve had at least three million immigrants and no say on it ...... SO NO DEMOCRACY !!!!! 

[quote user="Frank"][quote user="militantcanary"][quote user="paul moy"]This is a truly tragic event and totally

last year.

We

[/quote]

I didn''t know her but she seems to be a very decent campaigning selfless person who stood up for the disadvantaged in society[/quote]^This!Paul Moy, your opinion is absolutely disgusting. This politically motivated assassination was not the result of when "politicians fail to listen to the people", it was born out of the horrendous intolerance and hatred which has been brought into the mainstream by the increasingly right wing press. You are a truly awful person!
[/quote]
Seeking democracy and self-determination for my country is truly awful...  

[quote user="T"]Someone says murder is inexcusable then excuses it in the same sentence Scary.[/quote]
I didn''t excuse it at all.  

[quote user="im spartacus"]We have them on here Ricardo, anyone who disagrees with them are stupid, naive and easily influenced by the press , thank god we have these moral guardians who know best to lead us down the right road in life 😂[/quote]

Whenever the people speak those that have lost the argument are quick to brand the people as fools and deluded.The people have every right to be foolish and deluded if they so wish. The point in question is whether or not they retain the right to remove those who have fooled and deluded them.

Blaming decent people for murder is truly an all time low.

If they believed in self determination then they would believe in freedom of movement but I doubt that they understand how they contradict themselves in the same sentence

They are the reason that people should vote remain and increase the chances of remain winning among anyone decent enough not to be wanted to be associated with these views

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Frank"][quote user="militantcanary"][quote user="paul moy"]This is a truly tragic event and totally

last year.

We

[/quote]

[/quote]
Seeking democracy and self-determination for my country is truly awful...  
[/quote]

Fortunately, for the rest of us, it''s not your country.

It was inexcusable full stop no buts. The reported evidence is that he was inspired by right wing extremists. Strange that people propagate hate against Muslims yet have the same attitudes to other people as IS.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Mind you, if you look at the Daily Mail today the killer was merely mentally ill.

First law of British media:

Muslim kills someone = muslim extremist

White person kills someone = lone wolf with mental issues[/quote]Can’t we show some decency about Jo Cox’s death? ~ by Douglas Murray

Despite the ‘Leave’ and ‘Remain’ campaigns rightly halting as soon as the news of the savage murder of Jo Cox MP came through, some people could not pass up the opportunity to press what they saw as a political advantage.  The campaign for Britain to leave the EU may have been silent, but EU officials were not.  A day after the murder the German Chancellor Angela Merkel made a call for all sides in the referendum to respect the opinions of others:‘Otherwise, the radicalisation will become unstoppable.  Exaggerations, and radicalisation of part of the language, do not help foster an atmosphere of respect.’Was she thinking of European Council President Donald Tusk’s warning, only a few days earlier, that voting ‘Leave’ could be ‘the beginning of the destruction of not only the EU but also of western political civilisation in its entirety.’  I suspect not.  Yet what might one not do if you believed your opponents were poised to destroy civilisation as a whole?At least Chancellor Merkel left it a few hours.  Within minutes of the announcement of Jo Cox’s death the EU Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos Tweeted out:‘Jo Cox murdered for her dedication to European democracy and humanity. Extremism divides and nourishes hatred.’In the US it was not an obscure figure, but the person most likely to be the next US President – Hilary Clinton – who sent out a message saying that Jo Cox’s life had been cut short by ‘a violent act of political intolerance.’  I wonder who she was hoping everyone would think of?All this before we knew anything very much about his motives or mental state.  Since then a clearer picture has emerged.  It shows a man with a history of mental illness, a loner, who family and others said never had any involvement or interest in politics.  Yet there are also now reports of Nazi regalia in his house and of connections to neo-Nazi groups.  Information is emerging that the killer may have in the past purchased books (including on how to make explosives) from a South African racist organisation which advocates, among other things, the eradication of the Jewish people.Yet even before this came out some people were off.  At the New Statesman Laurie Penny insisted that ‘We owe it to Jo Cox not to write off her death as an act of affectless terrorism or meaningless.’  This is because the killer appears to have had links to ‘far-right’ groups.  And yes, this is the same Laurie Penny who only three days earlier – after the massacre of 49 people in a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida by a gunman shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ – insisted that there were no lessons to be taken from that massacre other than that ‘love wins’.  That and the claim that people who politically disagree with her, ‘are pleased about the slaughter of 50 souls in a gay bar.’Closer to home here at the Spectator Alex Massie didn’t leave many minutes between the murder of Jo Cox and a decision to place blame for the murder on Nigel Farage, a campaign poster and everybody else involved in the ‘Leave’ campaign.  Not only did he accuse those on the ‘Leave’ side of not-so-covert racism, he also claimed that there had been a disrespectfulness in their arguments.  All this from a writer who 24 hours earlier had been decrying some of his political opponents as ‘mad’ and others of spreading ‘bullshit’. Temperance is always what one demonstrates oneself.  Intemperance is always other people.Three other things are worth saying.The first is this.  Obviously, as with any Islamist gunman, it is vital to track down any network of contacts and guides that the killer might have had.  What swamps did he swim in?  Were there any network that helped supply him with his weapon?  Were there any far-right, neo-Nazi or other ideological group that encouraged him to kill an MP?  All this must be chased down, and I am sure will be.Secondly, although Jo Cox is the first MP to be murdered in Britain for more than two decades, tragically she is not the first.  Those who were murdered before include Sir Anthony Berry, who lost his life in the Brighton Hotel bombing in 1984.  Perhaps in the weeks ahead we may discover a real neo-Nazi network around Jo Cox’s attacker.  If we do then I trust the entirety of the British public would be not only surprised, but appalled were any serving MP to invite the MPs killer or colleagues to the House of Commons as their guests.  Such events have occurred in the past.  And if there are those who now recognise the consequences of legitimating political violence all that can be said is that it is a tragedy that they never recognised them before.Finally there is the question of the referendum.  From what we have already seen, those in favour of ‘Remain’ will find it impossible not to attempt to make political capital from this brutal murder in a campaign that the polls previously showed them losing.  Is it too much to ask for some decency?  Perhaps.  About 50% of the population have one view of our membership of the EU, and about 50% have another view.  I can already see the temptation of some ‘Remainers’.  They may keep it subtle.  They may insist that a vote for ‘Remain’ is a vote for ‘the future’ and ‘Leave’ a vote for ‘the past’.  Or they may try to say that a vote to stay in the EU is a vote against ‘hatred’ and for ‘hope’ or the politics of ‘unity’ over those of ‘division’.  If they do then they should be aware that they are using the actions of a madman, extremist or terrorist (or all three) as a means to further their own political goals.  They would be doing precisely what we try so hard, unanimously and generally successfully to stop Islamist gunmen from being able to do.Such a move would bring about the triumph of the assassin’s veto in our society – something which could not only have appalling short-term consequences, but bloody long-term ones as well.  I trust that those campaigning for ‘Remain’ recognise that a victory achieved on those terms would be the sourest and most divisive victory of all.

Mind you, if you look at the Daily Mail today the killer was merely mentally ill.

White person kills someone = lone wolf with mental issues an’t we show some decency about Jo Cox’s deathDespite the ‘Leave’ and ‘Remain’ campaigns rightly halting as soon as the news of the savage murder of Jo Cox MP came through, some people could not pass up the opportunity to press what they saw as a political advantage.  The campaign for Britain to leave the EU may have been silent, but EU officials were not.  A day after the murder the German Chancellor Angela Merkel made a call for all sides in the referendum to respect the opinions of others:‘Otherwise, the radicalisation will become unstoppable.  Exaggerations, and radicalisation of part of the language, do not help foster an atmosphere of respect.’Was she thinking of European Council President Donald Tusk’s warning, only a few days earlier, that voting ‘Leave’ could be ‘the beginning of the destruction of not only the EU but also of western political civilisation in its entirety.’  I suspect not.  Yet what might one not do if you believed your opponents were poised to destroy civilisation as a whole At least Chancellor Merkel left it a few hours.  Within minutes of the announcement of Jo Cox’s death the EU Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos Tweeted out:‘Jo Cox murdered for her dedication to European democracy and humanity. Extremism divides and nourishes hatred.’In the US it was not an obscure figure, but the person most likely to be the next US President – Hilary Clinton – who sent out a message saying that Jo Cox’s life had been cut short by ‘a violent act of political intolerance.’  I wonder who she was hoping everyone would think of?All this before we knew anything very much about his motives or mental state.  Since then a clearer picture has emerged.  It shows a man with a history of mental illness, a loner, who family and others said never had any involvement or interest in politics.  Yet there are also now reports of Nazi regalia in his house and of connections to neo-Nazi groups.  Information is emerging that the killer may have in the past purchased books (including on how to make explosives) from a South African racist organisation which advocates, among other things, the eradication of the Jewish people.Yet even before this came out some people were off.  At the New Statesman Laurie Penny insisted that ‘We owe it to Jo Cox not to write off her death as an act of affectless terrorism or meaningless.’  This is because the killer appears to have had links to ‘far-right’ groups.  And yes, this is the same Laurie Penny who only three days earlier – after the massacre of 49 people in a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida by a gunman shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ – insisted that there were no lessons to be taken from that massacre other than that ‘love wins’.  That and the claim that people who politically disagree with her, ‘are pleased about the slaughter of 50 souls in a gay bar.’Closer to home here at the Spectator Alex Massie didn’t leave many minutes between the murder of Jo Cox and a decision to place blame for the murder on Nigel Farage, a campaign poster and everybody else involved in the ‘Leave’ campaign.  Not only did he accuse those on the ‘Leave’ side of not-so-covert racism, he also claimed that there had been a disrespectfulness in their arguments.  All this from a writer who 24 hours earlier had been decrying some of his political opponents as ‘mad’ and others of spreading ‘bullshit’. Temperance is always what one demonstrates oneself.  Intemperance is always other people.Three other things are worth saying.The first is this.  Obviously, as with any Islamist gunman, it is vital to track down any network of contacts and guides that the killer might have had.  What swamps did he swim in?  Were there any network that helped supply him with his weapon?  Were there any far-right, neo-Nazi or other ideological group that encouraged him to kill an MP?  All this must be chased down, and I am sure will be.Secondly, although Jo Cox is the first MP to be murdered in Britain for more than two decades, tragically she is not the first.  Those who were murdered before include Sir Anthony Berry, who lost his life in the Brighton Hotel bombing in 1984.  Perhaps in the weeks ahead we may discover a real neo-Nazi network around Jo Cox’s attacker.  If we do then I trust the entirety of the British public would be not only surprised, but appalled were any serving MP to invite the MPs killer or colleagues to the House of Commons as their guests.  Such events have occurred in the past.  And if there are those who now recognise the consequences of legitimating political violence all that can be said is that it is a tragedy that they never recognised them before Finally there is the question of the referendum.  From what we have already seen, those in favour of ‘Remain’ will find it impossible not to attempt to make political capital from this brutal murder in a campaign that the polls previously showed them losing.  Is it too much to ask for some decency?  Perhaps.  About 50% of the population have one view of our membership of the EU, and about 50% have another view.  I can already see the temptation of some ‘Remainers’.  They may keep it subtle.  They may insist that a vote for ‘Remain’ is a vote for ‘the future’ and ‘Leave’ a vote for ‘the past’.  Or they may try to say that a vote to stay in the EU is a vote against ‘hatred’ and for ‘hope’ or the politics of ‘unity’ over those of ‘division’.  If they do then they should be aware that they are using the actions of a madman, extremist or terrorist (or all three) as a means to further their own political goals.  They would be doing precisely what we try so hard, unanimously and generally successfully to stop Islamist gunmen from being able to do.Such a move would bring about the triumph of the assassin’s veto in our society – something which could not only have appalling short-term consequences, but bloody long-term ones as well.  I trust that those campaigning for ‘Remain’ recognise that a victory achieved on those terms would be the sourest and most divisive victory of all.

Of course Isis is a morally bankrupt evil organisation, but your argument is utterly bizarre

The actions of this lone madman are the extreme tip of a poisionous iceberg, the out campaign is an increasingly racist one as expoused by Farage a throughly obnoxious scumbag. In his book immigrants are rapists spreading across Europe like a plague with no positive features at all

taking people''s jobs and are alien to the British way of life. That has soured the debate not people reacting in to a shocking event and made me not for the first time in recent memory profoundly disgusted by some of my countrymen and women.

People have genuine reasons for voting out but Brexit is tied to a nasty right Agenda whether you like it or not.

[quote user="militantcanary"] People have genuine reasons for voting out but Brexit is tied to a nasty right Agenda whether you like it or not.[/quote]

I am curious as to why you expect the EU to continue in it''s present left wing progressive guise in perpetuity.Looking at what happened in Austria and other countries in Eastern Europe and coupled with the rise of Neo Nazism in France, Holland and even Germany the likelihood of more unpleasant incidents increases. At present the left are comfortable with the fact that the EU may constrain the more extreme elements of the Conservative Party. I suspect they may have bigger things to worry about soon enough.

[quote user="militantcanary"]Mind you, if you look at the Daily Mail today the killer was merely mentally ill.

White person kills someone = lone wolf with mental issues an’t we show some decency about Jo Cox’s deathDespite the ‘Leave’ and ‘Remain’ campaigns rightly halting as soon as the news of the savage murder of Jo Cox MP came through, some people could not pass up the opportunity to press what they saw as a political advantage.  The campaign for Britain to leave the EU may have been silent, but EU officials were not.  A day after the murder the German Chancellor Angela Merkel made a call for all sides in the referendum to respect the opinions of others:‘Otherwise, the radicalisation will become unstoppable.  Exaggerations, and radicalisation of part of the language, do not help foster an atmosphere of respect.’Was she thinking of European Council President Donald Tusk’s warning, only a few days earlier, that voting ‘Leave’ could be ‘the beginning of the destruction of not only the EU but also of western political civilisation in its entirety.’  I suspect not.  Yet what might one not do if you believed your opponents were poised to destroy civilisation as a whole At least Chancellor Merkel left it a few hours.  Within minutes of the announcement of Jo Cox’s death the EU Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos Tweeted out:‘Jo Cox murdered for her dedication to European democracy and humanity. Extremism divides and nourishes hatred.’In the US it was not an obscure figure, but the person most likely to be the next US President – Hilary Clinton – who sent out a message saying that Jo Cox’s life had been cut short by ‘a violent act of political intolerance.’  I wonder who she was hoping everyone would think of?All this before we knew anything very much about his motives or mental state.  Since then a clearer picture has emerged.  It shows a man with a history of mental illness, a loner, who family and others said never had any involvement or interest in politics.  Yet there are also now reports of Nazi regalia in his house and of connections to neo-Nazi groups.  Information is emerging that the killer may have in the past purchased books (including on how to make explosives) from a South African racist organisation which advocates, among other things, the eradication of the Jewish people.Yet even before this came out some people were off.  At the New Statesman Laurie Penny insisted that ‘We owe it to Jo Cox not to write off her death as an act of affectless terrorism or meaningless.’  This is because the killer appears to have had links to ‘far-right’ groups.  And yes, this is the same Laurie Penny who only three days earlier – after the massacre of 49 people in a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida by a gunman shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ – insisted that there were no lessons to be taken from that massacre other than that ‘love wins’.  That and the claim that people who politically disagree with her, ‘are pleased about the slaughter of 50 souls in a gay bar.’Closer to home here at the Spectator Alex Massie didn’t leave many minutes between the murder of Jo Cox and a decision to place blame for the murder on Nigel Farage, a campaign poster and everybody else involved in the ‘Leave’ campaign.  Not only did he accuse those on the ‘Leave’ side of not-so-covert racism, he also claimed that there had been a disrespectfulness in their arguments.  All this from a writer who 24 hours earlier had been decrying some of his political opponents as ‘mad’ and others of spreading ‘bullshit’. Temperance is always what one demonstrates oneself.  Intemperance is always other people.Three other things are worth saying.The first is this.  Obviously, as with any Islamist gunman, it is vital to track down any network of contacts and guides that the killer might have had.  What swamps did he swim in?  Were there any network that helped supply him with his weapon?  Were there any far-right, neo-Nazi or other ideological group that encouraged him to kill an MP?  All this must be chased down, and I am sure will be.Secondly, although Jo Cox is the first MP to be murdered in Britain for more than two decades, tragically she is not the first.  Those who were murdered before include Sir Anthony Berry, who lost his life in the Brighton Hotel bombing in 1984.  Perhaps in the weeks ahead we may discover a real neo-Nazi network around Jo Cox’s attacker.  If we do then I trust the entirety of the British public would be not only surprised, but appalled were any serving MP to invite the MPs killer or colleagues to the House of Commons as their guests.  Such events have occurred in the past.  And if there are those who now recognise the consequences of legitimating political violence all that can be said is that it is a tragedy that they never recognised them before Finally there is the question of the referendum.  From what we have already seen, those in favour of ‘Remain’ will find it impossible not to attempt to make political capital from this brutal murder in a campaign that the polls previously showed them losing.  Is it too much to ask for some decency?  Perhaps.  About 50% of the population have one view of our membership of the EU, and about 50% have another view.  I can already see the temptation of some ‘Remainers’.  They may keep it subtle.  They may insist that a vote for ‘Remain’ is a vote for ‘the future’ and ‘Leave’ a vote for ‘the past’.  Or they may try to say that a vote to stay in the EU is a vote against ‘hatred’ and for ‘hope’ or the politics of ‘unity’ over those of ‘division’.  If they do then they should be aware that they are using the actions of a madman, extremist or terrorist (or all three) as a means to further their own political goals.  They would be doing precisely what we try so hard, unanimously and generally successfully to stop Islamist gunmen from being able to do.Such a move would bring about the triumph of the assassin’s veto in our society – something which could not only have appalling short-term consequences, but bloody long-term ones as well.  I trust that those campaigning for ‘Remain’ recognise that a victory achieved on those terms would be the sourest and most divisive victory of all.

Of course Isis is a morally bankrupt evil organisation, but your argument is utterly bizarre

The actions of this lone madman are the extreme tip of a poisionous iceberg, the out campaign is an increasingly racist one as expoused by Farage a throughly obnoxious scumbag. In his book immigrants are rapists spreading across Europe like a plague with no positive features at all

taking people''s jobs and are alien to the British way of life. That has soured the debate not people reacting in to a shocking event and made me not for the first time in recent memory profoundly disgusted by some of my countrymen and women.

People have genuine reasons for voting out but Brexit is tied to a nasty right Agenda whether you like it or not.[/quote]

Quotes:

"The left must now campaign to leave the EU " Owen Jones

"“Everything good about the EU is in retreat; everything bad is on the rampage,” George Monbiot

“All my life I’ve been pro-Europe but seeing how Germany is treating Greece, I am finding it increasingly distasteful.”

Caitlin Moran

"the EU is being portrayed with some truth, as a cruel, fanatical and stupid institution” Nick Cohen

"“How can the left support what is being done?The European ‘Union’. Not in my name.” Suzanne Moore.

All dyed-in-the-wool lefties. All anti-EU.

Brexit is not a far-right agenda