Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Season 10 Week 1

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Mr Angry really made me smile! I love these threads :)
Great to see 21 different selections already. It''s a tough week for sure. I still haven''t heard from NBS so I hope he''s ok to do the picks.
Another worry for me is there''s no sign of Yankee. I''ve emailed him but had no reply. Hope you''re ok Clyde.
On to my pick and it''s in Estonia where there''s some form to go on. I''m going for Flora of Tallin but I hope she''s not some ''old sort'' from when Tilly was there for a stag do.....
Flora Tallin          v          JK Narva Trans          Home Win
I''m going for a correct score of Blackburn 1 - 3 Norwich for 93v.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Dunfermline to beat Dumbarton[/quote]
Worrying for nothing!
Great to see you Yankee[:)][Y]

Again?  Doesn''t seem like five minutes since last season finished...Opening weekends are always tough due to a total lack of form to go on but Eastleigh are among the National League favourites for a reason and I think they''ll beat a comparitively modest Guiseley side.As for Norwich, we never win our opening game and we''re hopeless away from home so a 1-1 draw wouldn''t surprise me.Best of luck everyone.

A very good morning to you Nutty and so good to be back. Wishing good luck to norfolkbroadslim and 93vintage together with all you other lovely PUPs out there.Off to the Russian National League and a HOME WIN please for DINAMO MOSCOW v FC Volgar-Gazprom Astrakhan.For the Norwich bet H/T Draw F/T Norwich.Don''t forget that League table Monday evening Nutty. [;)]

Firstly a big shout out and thank you to Eddie for all his time and effort in organising and running this and to PUP anon for their very generous sponsorship.The French Super Cup and a win for PSG vs Lyon at what look decent odds of 2/3Tough pickings for the City bet so will go with Klose  to score last in a City Win at a 40/1 long odds puntGood luck to Norfolkbroadslim and 93Vintage

I can only repeat the thanks already given to Nutty for keeping this thread going ( I''m sure it''s the only one that keeps us sane?)

I feel a tide of optimism is flowing over the City of Bristol and although I won''t be there to see them visit Carrow Road I do think they might be the surprise team this season. So I''m going for

Bristol City v Wigan Home win.

For the Match bet I think a HT Home/FT Draw might be the outcome. ( always difficult to win away on the opening day - just ask Colchester!!)

The very best of luck to both pickers.

First of all, thanks to Eddie and PUPanon for all your hard work and generosity on this thread. Amazing people.

League Two where I expect Hartlepool to beat relegated Colchester.And I''m going with Parma with a City win and Naismith to score.Good luck nbs and 93v. [Y]

I''m a newbie, heard so much about this thread and what it represents from her indoors so thought it was about time I joined in.

So my first pick is for Reading to beat Preston

For the Norwich bet I ll go for Norwich to win 0-1

Good Luck everyone.

The Olympian women.Germany to beat Australia.Germany won their first match, 6-1, admittedly against Zimbabwe, while the Sheilas lost 2-0 to the Canadian lumberjacks. The odds are a respectable 2/7.---For the NCFC bet I suggest Norwich City to win 2-1, at odds of 17/2.A special thnak-you to nutty for keeping this going, and good luck to all!

Dudelange vs Jeunesse Canach (Luxembourg). I''ll go for a Toppi-powered home win please @ 1/10.Good luck all. Good luck NBS.

Evening everyone and it''s great to be back!!

MMMK - RANGERS -v- Hamilton HOME WIN

MM - BRISTOL CITY -v- Wigan Athletic HOME WIN

For the match bet H/T Draw F/T Norwich

Good Luck everyone and thanks to Eddie for continuing the only thread I read!! 😀😀😀

My picks are in a pdf here - [url=https://1fichier.com/?xq5ryeozn4]https://1fichier.com/?xq5ryeozn4[/url].We have 16 bets on scores and ht/ft combinations. £14.20 is the most we can win if we get a 1-0 victory after drawing 0-0 at half time. I''m expecting a score somewhere below 3-2, but there are plenty of chances to get a reasonable return somewhere around the £12-14 area.You can''t cover everything, but we''re partially insured against the most likely types of Blackburn win ie 1-0 and 2-1 with them winning at half time. Overall I think things compare quite well with a Norwich win or draw (double chance) bet which has come down to around 1.33 from about 1.40.There''s a little score-card included in the pdf showing the various ht/ft and score combinations, the win-win-win etc bit at the top is the full time result from a Norwich perspective. The lines at the bottom indicate the min and max returns for the various scores.Finally, thanks for everyone''s suggestions, note that I think there will be better (home) games this season where picking a scorer will be a better bet.

Welcome Anthony. It''s great to have you on board buddy[Y]
At a quick count up I make it 42 PuPs so far and a massive 31 games for NBS to consider if he arrives in time.

Nutty,
Thank you again for managing the thread and ensuring funds flow to such a worthwhile cause.
My obvious bets for this weekend are:
Derby to draw with Brighton, at 11/5 and a 2-2 draw for Norwich at 16/1.
My son, who wishes to be referred to as Reggie (Jeeves first name was Reginald) has picked Wolves to win 1-0 (at 13/2) and Norwich to win 2-0 (at 10/1).
Good luck everybody

[quote user="93vintage"]My picks are in a pdf here - [url=https://1fichier.com/?xq5ryeozn4]https://1fichier.com/?xq5ryeozn4[/url].We have 16 bets on scores and ht/ft combinations. £14.20 is the most we can win if we get a 1-0 victory after drawing 0-0 at half time. I''m expecting a score somewhere below 3-2, but there are plenty of chances to get a reasonable return somewhere around the £12-14 area.You can''t cover everything, but we''re partially insured against the most likely types of Blackburn win ie 1-0 and 2-1 with them winning at half time. Overall I think things compare quite well with a Norwich win or draw (double chance) bet which has come down to around 1.33 from about 1.40.There''s a little score-card included in the pdf showing the various ht/ft and score combinations, the win-win-win etc bit at the top is the full time result from a Norwich perspective. The lines at the bottom indicate the min and max returns for the various scores.Finally, thanks for everyone''s suggestions, note that I think there will be better (home) games this season where picking a scorer will be a better bet.[/quote]
Thank you, this is a work of art 93v. I''ve placed the bets as per your PDF file. It''s all very straightforward if you PuPs click 93v''s link you''ll see the potential winnings. Anything I try to post on here would be a poor immitation.
The very best of luck buddy[Y]

MILLWALL for me please.

As for the City bet. Our day 1 record is abysmal but it has to end sometime, right?

So......correct score Norwich to win 3-1. Statement performance.

I haven''t heard from our buddy Norfolkbroadslim so hope you''re ok ''slim and I''ll try and fit you in later in the season.
I''m afraid you''re stuck with me! I don''t think I''ve done this since way back when We8WBA popped up to tell me "you weren''t even close mate"! Ray and I had some laughs about that [:D] I''ve avoided the hot seat ever since until now......

Dunfirmline

-       

-

4/9

-       

-

15:00

Sat

Flora

-       

1/6

-

17:00

Sat

Germany

W

-       

2/7

-

22:00

Sat

HJK

Helsinki

-

1/2

-

16:30

Sun

Odd

-

13/20

-

17:00

Sun

Hajduk

Split

-

1/3

-

20:00

Sun

Placed with Bill Hill and the potential return is £71.50. Good luck everyone[:)]

Two selections from our Facebook group.
GingerPele - FC Twente
Inchy - Bradford.
This has been a magnificent turn out for so early in August. Thanks everyone.

Is it that time already?

It''s great to be back to proper football and to see so many regulars, not forgetting the newbies either, on this thread.

Thanks in advance, as always, to Nutty for keeping this going and for all PUP''s for making this so special.

Anyway, on to the game itself, I''m going for the early kick off in the SPL - Rangers vs Hamilton - home win.

Good luck all.

That must be 46 pups now, c''mon you stragglers, lets make it 50 lol

Let''s be aving you !!