Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Naismith's got to go

1 this season, friendlies mean nothing now nor do the euros

So no goal scoring form yet

In fact he''s never had any goal scoring form since league one, hopefully that''s the part of his game he''ll improve

[quote user="king canary"]I understand that. However clearly what triggered you to create this post and decide he''s ''got to go'' was the friendly. Otherwise you would have posted this in June. Which you didn''t.

I wasn''t delighted with his performances last season but along with most sensible people I know decided to give him a chance this season, to actually see if it would be ''more of the same this season.''[/quote]

Well i didnt KC, i chose to post in the heat of the moment as the Hannover match reminded me of how poor he was last season, and that i didnt want to see it again this season if thats what we were going to get. Thankfully it looks like we wont.

Thats the beauty of this MB, its differing opinions.

Unfortunately some, if not most people on here cant seem to grasp the concept of differing opinions and debating them, they have to take great offence to a post and the whole purpose of their reply is to shoot down the OP for making their point, trying to explain in detail why his or her opinion is wrong and that he''s a complete idiot for making such a statement.

I want to cheer for Naismith, but lets remember its one game and Blackburn were terrible.

Fact is i want the Blackburn Naismith in every game this season. Not the Naismith i saw last season, which was so perfectly encapsulated in the Hannover game.

Would be disappointing if he left now as he seems to be finally looking more settled and happy with life and is showing signs of dovetailing well with Wes. I don''t see him as the type to give up and seek a move so soon after joining but you never really know.

Ultimately though if they did trigger a release clause and he left we''ve got Pritchard, Brady, Madison and the Murphs plus Canos who can all play in that three behind the striker so I think we''d cope!

I thought whenever Naismith played with Wes, including last season, he looked the real deal. I thought when he played without Wes he still made good runs and took up some really good positions but didn''t get the ball when he needed it. I can''t back that up with "facts" it''s just what I saw in front of me.

You shouldn''t get so angry Boots. Be more like a puss in boots and not a snarley rotweiler[&] This is a brilliant community and the diversity of opinions is a strength.

You keep mentioning about differing opinions and the beauty of this message board- however you don''t seem very open to those differing opinions. In fact you''ve just come across as very precious because people told you that your opinion was stupid. Which (in my opinion) it is. So there.

You basically stated earlier on that you''d already made your mind up so you hardly come across as someone ''open to debate.''

If you start a thread claiming a particular player has ''got to go'' after a pre season game you can expect some reaction. You got it. Don''t get all whiney now people have called you out for your BS.

[quote user="king canary"]You keep mentioning about differing opinions and the beauty of this message board- however you don''t seem very open to those differing opinions. In fact you''ve just come across as very precious because people told you that your opinion was stupid. Which (in my opinion) it is. So there.

You basically stated earlier on that you''d already made your mind up so you hardly come across as someone ''open to debate.''

If you start a thread claiming a particular player has ''got to go'' after a pre season game you can expect some reaction. You got it. Don''t get all whiney now people have called you out for your BS.[/quote]

Im open to differing opinions KC, what im not open to is just basically shooting down said opinion and calling it BS and stupid. Youve just proved my point exactly so well done.

Other people on this post have posted relevantly and sensibly explaining fully why my OP was hasty and will most likely prove to be wrong instead of just saying its stupid its BS your stupid blah blah blah like fxxxxx morons who cant hold an intelligent conversation.

Ive already admitted it was a heat of the moment post and a frustration hangover from last season. Im perfectly within my rights as a fan to express my dislike for Naismith based wholly on last seasons woeful performances and a friendly which did nothing to change said opinion. An opinion which is hardly without cause.

But like i said i want Naismith to do much better and prove me wrong. And what i dont want is pointless replies telling me my opinion is stupid and BS. Contribute something relevant and tell me why my OP is wrong, like others have.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Im open to differing opinions KC, what im not open to is just basically shooting down said opinion and calling it BS and stupid.[/quote]It wasn''t your opinions in themselves I was shooting down, it was that you were presenting your opinions and fact and thus claiming you were right. You''re obviously passionate about the club, you''re not a troll, but you get so aggressive defending the things you say that it makes you a prime target for getting stick. You''ve already said that your original comment about Naismith was said in the heat of the moment and you''ve backed down over it, so fair play for that. As Nutty said earlier, take it easy - I will get into arguments with people on here, but as soon as you take your tongue out of your cheek and start getting really defensive, you''ve already lost.I make no apologies for being flippant and sarcastic, though - that''s just the way I post. Like it or lump it [:)]

We dont have to sell therefore if we let him go it will be because our manager thinks that we have better options. He was poor last season but he may be a the right level for his age this time around.

After ths Blackburn game I hope that he stays but would be happy to get our money back frankly.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]We dont have to sell therefore if we let him go it will be because our manager thinks that we have better options. He was poor last season but he may be a the right level for his age this time around.

After ths Blackburn game I hope that he stays but would be happy to get our money back frankly.[/quote]

Why would you happy allowing the club to get its money back?

No gurantee the money will be reinvensted, and to get a player as equally effective at this level seems to cost at least 8 million anyway. So really, we''d be weakening ourselves selling him.

furthermore, I can''t see anyone paying more than £5 million for him.

Naismith seems to be happy to stay with us despite the fact that he is now playing at Championship level. As a result of that, I think that it''s vital that we keep him as he''s actually an experienced PL player and so I think he could be a key player for us this season, just like Klose

I would only let Sunderland have him for £15/20 million + Jermain Defoe

+ Jermain Defoe

Now you''re talking. The only thing i dont like about Jermaine Defoe is that he doesn''t play for us.

What I''m saying there is that if Sunderland take Naismith from us I want them to give us £15/20 million and Defoe in return

If Naismith left to Sunderland, and we turned that money into Nahki Wells....

Who would take that, who wouldn''t?

WARNING - NEGATIVE POST ALERT

Please don''t cry or call me stupid.

Not the best performance yesterday but SW were decent and well organised, and I think maybe Murphy being injured and Pritchard getting I''ll perhaps upset the plans, Brady clearly not sharp yet, and Olsson going off didn''t help.

Main point of course though is the Naismith experiment and when will it end. Him and Jerome were terrible, lacklustre, predictable, plodding along.

I''m sorry but I just want more from the main attacking players who are entrusted to score the goals to get us back up. Naismiths link up play was not good enough and yet again he has a golden opportunity to at least get a good effort on target and what does he do? Cuts inside onto his left, slow and predictably and the defender blocks a tame shot.

Not good enough, and I''ve seen this too many times, half a season in the prem for example.

Shoehorning Naismith in at Wes''s expense centrally is failing massively in my eyes and it needs to end. The Naismith experiment in the 10 role is not fxxxxx working!

I feel like I''m the only one who sees this and I''m amazed AN persists with it. Against Blackburn both scored and it''s clear now why as BB are very poor.

Up against a good side again and it''s deja vu from last season, Naismith and Jerome is just not working and isn''t hurting defences.

Wes behind an Assombolonga or Wells for example will just bring more to the table I think. Jerome looks shot like an old horse, his touch and link up play was appalling yesterday.

And Naismith over Wes has got to stop, it''s not working and it hasn''t worked for 6 months.

It hasn''t worked for 6 months? When did we play Blackburn then? They worked fine together then. Fortunately you''ve also pointed out a whole host of reasons why yesterday''s draw was not down to any one player 👍

I bet when Naismith went up front yesterday you creamed your Ipswich pants didn''t you Matt?

You are boring

I thought Naismith was the best of a bad bunch going forward yesterday. As much as I love Wes, his passing was the poorest I''ve seen and Wednesday found it easy to stop him playing.

[quote user="Alex "]And no need for the NEGATIVE POST ALERT, Matt - trust me, we already know what''s coming next 😂[/quote]It''s a bit like Daly writing ABSOLUTE BOLLOX ALERT[:D]

[quote user="Alex "]It hasn''t worked for 6 months? When did we play Blackburn then? They worked fine together then. Fortunately you''ve also pointed out a whole host of reasons why yesterday''s draw was not down to any one player 👍[/quote]

Yeah well done Alex for missing the obvious, Blackburn are utter shxxx that''s why Naismith and Jerome looked good.

And if you read my post property I said the changes didn''t help, but Naismith and Jeromes involvement was still pixx poor

No I''m not. Wes was poor yesterday, had one of those games where he kept giving the ball away/picking the wrong pass. His performance was summed up late on when he picked the ball up in the middle with Pinto in acres of space on the right. Instead he ignored the easy ball and played it to Howson who had two players around him and got tackled.

Naismith wasn''t great but he made some good runs. He was weirdly shot shy though- twice he picked the ball up in decent shooting positions but didn''t pull the trigger. He also wasn''t helped by the fact Jerome did nothing up top all game.

I don''t see how you can watch that game and come to conclusion that Naismith was any worse/more to blame than the rest of the forward line. But you''ve clearly made up your mind on him so there you go.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Alex "]And no need for the NEGATIVE POST ALERT, Matt - trust me, we already know what''s coming next 😂[/quote]It''s a bit like Daly writing ABSOLUTE BOLLOX ALERT[:D][/quote]

😂👍

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="Alex "]It hasn''t worked for 6 months? When did we play Blackburn then? They worked fine together then. Fortunately you''ve also pointed out a whole host of reasons why yesterday''s draw was not down to any one player 👍[/quote]

Yeah well done Alex for missing the obvious, Blackburn are utter shxxx that''s why Naismith and Jerome looked good.

And if you read my post property I said the changes didn''t help, but Naismith and Jeromes involvement was still pixx poor[/quote]

And well done to you too Matt for totally missing the obvious - we''re actually in the Championship now of which Blackburn are a team and not some horrible invention to prove to you that Naismith will have plenty of great games against teams of a similar ilk 👍

[quote user="king canary"]No I''m not. Wes was poor yesterday, had one of those games where he kept giving the ball away/picking the wrong pass. His performance was summed up late on when he picked the ball up in the middle with Pinto in acres of space on the right. Instead he ignored the easy ball and played it to Howson who had two players around him and got tackled.

Naismith wasn''t great but he made some good runs. He was weirdly shot shy though- twice he picked the ball up in decent shooting positions but didn''t pull the trigger. He also wasn''t helped by the fact Jerome did nothing up top all game.

I don''t see how you can watch that game and come to conclusion that Naismith was any worse/more to blame than the rest of the forward line. But you''ve clearly made up your mind on him so there you go.[/quote]

Weirdly shot shy??? Hilarious. That''s Naismith mate, he''s been like that for 6 months.

I''m not scapegoating Naismith, the whole team was not as good as usual. What I am saying is up against a better side the Naismith and Jerome pairing yet again failed to deliver and if we want to go straight back up this needs to change.

Against the likes of Blackburn and Bristol yes they''ll probably click, and it will probably work on Tuesday, but if we want to finish top six we will have to beat at home the likes of SW. Naismith and Jerome is just not good enough for the better sides.

Naismith and Jerome? Yeah I might agree with you.

Naismith and a better striker? I''ve got no doubt that is good enough.

I can see one or two obvious issues with this squad that need rectifying. Naismith isn''t one of them for me.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="Alex "]It hasn''t worked for 6 months? When did we play Blackburn then? They worked fine together then. Fortunately you''ve also pointed out a whole host of reasons why yesterday''s draw was not down to any one player 👍[/quote]

And if you read my post property I said the changes didn''t help, but Naismith and Jeromes involvement was still pixx poor[/quote]

And well done to you too Matt for totally missing the obvious - we''re actually in the Championship now of which Blackburn are a team and not some horrible invention to prove to you that Naismith will have plenty of great games against teams of a similar ilk 👍[/quote]

Brilliant analogy Alex, top work. Naismith is good enough to inflict damage against the likes of Blackburn and probably Bristol. Up against the better sides like SW Naismith and Jerome looked woeful.

If we want to stay in the Championship beating the likes of Blackburn and Bristol then fine, Naismith and Jerome will be plenty good enough.

If we want to finish top it will not, and why people think it will is beyond me.