Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Naismith's got to go

I wouldn''t be surprised if we were looking at Naismith as our 4th striker- for me, a huge part of our potential success this year will be how well our forward line can activate our midfield as an attacking presence.

Naismith will run and run all day long and move defences around, as he has in the past in the PL and will surely be able to do in this league. If that then leaves space for Wes, Maddison and the Murphy boys in and around the 18-yard box, we''ll be laughing home.

MASON 47;wrote, "Naismith will run and run all day long and move defences around, as he has in the past in the PL and will surely be able to do in this league. If that then leaves space for Wes, Maddison and the Murphy boys in and around the 18-yard box, we''ll be laughing home."

I think we seeing already that Alex is looking for the midfield to be more active and chip in with goals, and the 2 youngsters Maddison and Hoolahan will be the beneficiaries of that.

[quote user="Mickdundee"]Wes not scoring enough when played central when playing behind a striker has always been a problem

Part of the reason why we got Naismith was to help that.

Wes has always been a bit of a luxury in that respect and pretty much always will be.

For me he worked best at the top of a diamond where we don''t rely on him scoring as much

And I wouldn''t read too much into him scoring in friendly games

The simple reason AN isn''t playing him central is lack of goals simple as that it''s why were desperate for another more clinical striker[/quote]

" Part of the reason why we got Naismith was to help that. "

Yep, and that worked out really well didnt it.

I think Naismith will be absolutely outstanding this season and people are underestimating his quality based on performances in a rather underwhelming attacking performance as a whole last season. With the chances and possession in the final 3rd we will get this season and the creative flair from hoolahan(Maddison) and Canos I''ve no doubt Naismith will score 10/15.

With canos Naismith and hoolahan (my 3 starters) behind the forward we can afford for it to be flexible and fluent, would be pointless having such a rigid set up with such creative players. doesn''t really matter who plays in what position as long as opposition men are tracked back.

How many times do we see hoolahan drop out wide to get the ball from the central position? Naismith will love the space and I''m sure he will prove valuable

Was poor after his first game last season. In the Hanover game he hardly featured in the first half but looked brighter in the second. Alas from where we are looking now £8m seems an awful lot of money for him dgiven his age and lack of impact. He could do it for us this season and i hope so if not it will be like RVW and looking to offload him for £500 000 before his contract runs out

I just can''t understand why some of our fans are so desperate to see our own players fail! His link up play with Wes made them sound unplayable today and a goal to help his confidence. Really hope he pushes on, shows us what he is all about and shoves it in the face of those so keen to jump on the bandwagon.

[quote user="birchfest"]I just can''t understand why some of our fans are so desperate to see our own players fail! His link up play with Wes made them sound unplayable today and a goal to help his confidence. Really hope he pushes on, shows us what he is all about and shoves it in the face of those so keen to jump on the bandwagon.[/quote]

Thought, and think, he''ll be immense for us this season Birchfest 👍

He was class start to finish. Great link up with Wes plus Olsson and Tettey. Obviously they have worked on this. Naismith will be fine.

On separate note pleased to see Howson captain

"Huckerby''s Boots" demonstrating yet more outstanding footballing knowledge. :D

[quote user="Ian"]"Huckerby''s Boots" demonstrating yet more outstanding footballing knowledge. :D[/quote][:D] He''s great at comedy though - did you ever catch any of his podcasts? [:D][:D][:D] Funnier than Canary Call [Y]

Nice interview from Naismith on Snorfolk, he sounded really focussed on the job this season, I''m not sure he was ever 100% fit last season, this could be a big one for him and us.

Looks like he will be an important player for us this season. As most sensible people thought.

[quote user="Ali K"]These threads somehow seem to come back up the board.[/quote]

I suspect we''re likely to see much much more of this podcast sorry thread this season VW 😉

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Ali K"]These threads somehow seem to come back up the board.[/quote]

I suspect we''re likely to see much much more of this podcast sorry thread this season VW 😉[/quote]I agree Alex but maybe not the poster.

It''s a shame that the posters that like to continually criticise the club and certain players are never around to offer praise or maybe admit they were wrong but were glad to be proved wrong.

Such pointless criticisms happens player after player, but it''s amusing to see them proven wrong time after time. Naismith will be a huge player for us this season and beyond.

More than happy to be proven wrong if Naismith keeps this up.

Admittedly my opinion was based solely on last season, and the frustration at his all to familiar performance v Hannover.

Much better v Blackburn of course so happy to be wrong if he improves and scores a hatful.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]It''s a shame that the posters that like to continually criticise the club and certain players are never around to offer praise or maybe admit they were wrong but were glad to be proved wrong.[/quote]

I did say in my OP Solo that i want to cheer for Naismith so am more than happy to be proven wrong. Facts are Naismith was abysmal last season so my opinion was correct.

I want to and no doubt will have my opinion changed this season if Naismith continues where he left off on Saturday.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Facts are Naismith was abysmal last season so my opinion was correct.[/quote]Your opinion is that Naismith was abysmal last season so, in your opinion, your opinion was correct.

Your opinion that he ''has to go'' because you didn''t like his effort in a friendly wasn''t correct though? In fact it was pretty fucking stupid.

[quote user="king canary"]Your opinion that he ''has to go'' because you didn''t like his effort in a friendly wasn''t correct though? In fact it was pretty fucking stupid.[/quote]

It wasnt just the friendly though was it, if you read my post and understand it its based on last seasons performances, of which the Hannover game was a perfect example.

[quote user="king canary"]Your opinion that he ''has to go'' because you didn''t like his effort in a friendly wasn''t correct though? In fact it was pretty fucking stupid.[/quote]

And therein lies the point of this message board King Canary. Its for people to express and discuss there opinions. Some are right some are wrong.

Sorry i should have checked with you before posting, i forgot your the MB administrator.

Yes it is. I don''t think I ever said you shouldn''t or weren''t allowed to post anything. But putting your opinion out there means people are going to criticise it, especially if it is pretty ridiculous.

Don''t get all precious because people called your stupid comments stupid. Most rational fans know not to take much from pre season and certainly don''t demand players be dropped for not putting in enough effort for them.

Fairly simple really.