Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Result Predictions & Final Table

Love it MP. Totally agree - if football was as predictable as some of the miserablists would like to make it out to be, the North-East clubs would not have picked up any points this weekend.

Well i will always turn up whilst i am around whether it be knocking Bayern Munich out or losing 1 -7 to Colchester. As for the rest of this season i see a max of 4 more points and probably 19th Finish. Would love to be proved wrong but dont think i will be wide of the mark. get the next four games over and we can look forward to next season and start all over again

realism
ˈrɪəlɪz(ə)m/
noun
  1. 1.
    the attitude or practice of accepting a situation as it is and being prepared to deal with it accordingly

Not sure that means one persons opinion over another. I would say my post fitted that definition....

Making Plans certainly wasn''t saying that last time we were in the PL with 4 games to go, we were virtually already down. Mind you we had just appointed Adams :) . Yet we did have more points last time around if I remember correctly at this stage last time.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Also, to say that fans who think we''ll go down have given up is stupidity of the highest level. Surely even people with less than average IQ can see through this bull$it.

Just because you don''t think the team you support have enough in them to stay up, it doesn''t mean you won''t continue the strong support you give them.

Although I think it''s likely we''ll go down I''ll be there at the next home game just like I was there in the last one v Sunderland, shouting at the top of my voice, swearing at Borini when he celebrated the goal in front of us, like the (unt he is. Don''t tell me or any other fan who also thinks survival is unlikely that we''ve given up on our club - no-one has. If we had we certainly wouldn''t be discussing something we couldn''t give a rats @rse about.[/quote]Have you spotted this Lessingham as it looks as though Mrs. Miggins sits near us ? Anyway for what it is worth a good post Mrs.M as it''s very much how us realists who have seen so much over the decades see it. Realism is a naughty word with some.[/quote]Pretty much spot on this from Mrs M and Tilly.Realists all used to be young once and thought Norwich would/could win every game but as we''ve got older we''ve discovered life ain''t like that. It''s a bit harsh that the optimists simply label us as defeatists and somehow completely disloyal to NCFC.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Also, to say that fans who think we''ll go down have given up is stupidity of the highest level. Surely even people with less than average IQ can see through this bull$it.

Just because you don''t think the team you support have enough in them to stay up, it doesn''t mean you won''t continue the strong support you give them.

Although I think it''s likely we''ll go down I''ll be there at the next home game just like I was there in the last one v Sunderland, shouting at the top of my voice, swearing at Borini when he celebrated the goal in front of us, like the (unt he is. Don''t tell me or any other fan who also thinks survival is unlikely that we''ve given up on our club - no-one has. If we had we certainly wouldn''t be discussing something we couldn''t give a rats @rse about.[/quote]Have you spotted this Lessingham as it looks as though Mrs. Miggins sits near us ? Anyway for what it is worth a good post Mrs.M as it''s very much how us realists who have seen so much over the decades see it. Realism is a naughty word with some.[/quote]Pretty much spot on this from Mrs M and Tilly.Realists all used to be young once and thought Norwich would/could win every game but as we''ve got older we''ve discovered life ain''t like that. It''s a bit harsh that the optimists simply label us as defeatists and somehow completely disloyal to NCFC.

[/quote]Depends if your cup''s half empty, or half full.I know which way I''d rather live my life.

Smith

"Pretty much spot on this from Mrs M and Tilly.

Realists all used to be young once and thought Norwich would/could win every game but as we''ve got older we''ve discovered life ain''t like that.

It''s a bit harsh that the optimists simply label us as defeatists and somehow completely disloyal to NCFC."

👍

I dunno, I think it''s more a case of having enough pride to not decide we''re relegated until we actually are.

I couldn''t, even if pushed, give you a majority verdict either way, I think it''s 50/50. Therefore relegation is a real possibility but while it isn''t a done deal I''ll stick to thinking or hoping (praying) that the club I love are good enough to stay up rather than assuming that we''re sh1te while the teams around us have suddenly become Barcelona and Brazil with 4 games left.

Perhaps I''m setting myself up for a disappointment, maybe relegation will hurt me more because I haven''t accepted it in advance (that''s ballcocks, everyone hurts), or perhaps some people do doom laden soothsaying as some kind of defence mechanism because they''re not up for the fight.

I bet there are Toon fans and Mackems laughing their socks off at the amount of fans that seem to have given up already!!! Honestly, some of the posters on here are EXACTLY like THAT performance against Fulham away under Worthington.

MTFU.

😉

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I dunno, I think it''s more a case of having enough pride to not decide we''re relegated until we actually are.

I couldn''t, even if pushed, give you a majority verdict either way, I think it''s 50/50. Therefore relegation is a real possibility but while it isn''t a done deal I''ll stick to thinking or hoping (praying) that the club I love are good enough to stay up rather than assuming that we''re sh1te while the teams around us have suddenly become Barcelona and Brazil with 4 games left.

Perhaps I''m setting myself up for a disappointment, maybe relegation will hurt me more because I haven''t accepted it in advance (that''s ballcocks, everyone hurts), or perhaps some people do doom laden soothsaying as some kind of defence mechanism because they''re not up for the fight.

I bet there are Toon fans and Mackems laughing their socks off at the amount of fans that seem to have given up already!!! Honestly, some of the posters on here are EXACTLY like THAT performance against Fulham away under Worthington.

MTFU.

😉[/quote][Y][Y][Y]

As you saw from the dictionary definition realism is not the property of those who think we''re done for. My post earlier is as much realism as any others. Maybe Morty can check the dicktionary to see if that better supports any ones opinion...

[quote user="Vanwink"]We''re all "hoping and praying" Duncan.[/quote]Or whinnying and surrendering.

I''m not even hoping or praying we stay up.
If we are relegated or if we stay up, my support will remain unchanged.  As posted elsewhere, provided we are promoted in the following two seasons, it is not a disaster to be relegated.  And even if we are, Norwich City is still my club.
I ask nothing and expect nothing from the club, other than that the Board supports the manager, the manager knows roughly what he is doing, and the players try to follow his instruction with commitment and professionalism.
God knows there are enough basket case clubs out there to highlight how things can go wrong with poor management, leadership or direction.
In many ways, finishing 4th in the Championship is preferable, from an entertainment point of view, than finishing 17th in the Premier League.
As a supporter, our club''s direction is almost entirely out of my control and I accept that, and I am grateful that the club is being run pragmatically, with prudent financial management and progressive squad development.
There are no clapping emoticons, so picture some hands clapping.

[quote user="Vanwink"]"Surrendering"

What an absurd thing to say.[/quote]

3 points - it was the transfer window and our underperformance in the earlier pre-Christmas home games that have caused our relegation

Not so absurd....

[quote user="Vanwink"]"Surrendering"

What an absurd thing to say.[/quote]We apparently have no pride now either Winky and been called out as alleged Norwich fans i was reading somewhere earlier.

Totally missed the point Nigel. The suggestion was that I have surrendered, I will never surrender, not until it''s mathematically impossible to survive, and even then I will be behind the boys supporting them when they are on the pitch as I always have been and always will be, you won''t catch me booing or having a go at our own players.I live and breath this club, nobody has a monopoly on passion for City! My view is however that we will go down, that doesn''t mean I have surrendered but that''s what I think will be the outcome.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]We as in realists.[/quote]While it''s still mathematically possible, there''s nothing unrealistic about the possibility of us staying up, constable.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]So, you''ve decided that we''re relegated Tilly?[/quote]Glad you put that in the form of a question Duncan as one or two have presumed that i have said we are relegated. My heart hopes sincerely that we are not but experiences of the brain tell me otherwise. Do i want to watch us playing and giving a nod of admiration for their efforts this season to Leicester or drinking in that $hithole of a pub opposite Scum railway station and getting up at silly o''clock for the run up the M6 to Burton ? I will let you decide.

OK. But that post I quoted from Highland was a surrender.

Can someone tell me why my post and take on where we are now is not realism IF others posts and take on the situation are realism?

I do love the way being realistic and being a supporter of NCFC is in some way contradictory. If anyone really thinks we will finish above Sunderland and Newcastle let them declare now. If anyone, like me , hopes that we do then that is a totally separate issue. Let me tell you that the club will have two budgets even as we speak. Any one who thinks we will be premier league next year, please contact the club and let them know. I''m sure they will throw the Championship budget in the bin .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We didn''t play this weekend. But reading a lot of this thread it feels like while the two NE clubs got a point a piece we must have played the rest of our games and lost them. Although our relegation hasn''t been reported on Sky News yet.......

Obviously it would have been better if Arsenal had won but the reality is that Sunderland''s potential points tally is two less than it was this morning. The games in hand are gone. In fact we now have a game in hand with Newcastle. If we better both their results over the last four games we stay up. Is it likely? Well Norwich have 6 points from their four most recent games. Sunderland and Newcastle have 5 points each from their four most recent games. I''m not going to try and predict the individual results. My position in the PUPs league would would count against anything I posted. But the overall picture seems to show we are still very much in it and as we stand tonight it''s too tight to call.

[/quote]

Perhaps Beardo would like to have a stab at saying why this post isn''t realistic?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 24/04/2016 9:04 PM:

Can someone tell me why my post and take on where we are now is not realism IF others posts and take on the situation are realism?

----------------

It''s not that it''s not realism, it''d just that it''s barely an opinion. The thread is about predictions, not ''Do you think the relegation scrap is close?'' Because everyone''s answer to that is yes.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 24/04/2016 9:04 PM:

----------------

It''s not that it''s not realism, it''d just that it''s barely an opinion. The thread is about predictions, not ''Do you think the relegation scrap is close?'' Because everyone''s answer to that is yes.[/quote]

Surely that makes it realistic?

Anything else is an opinion about the unknown. If Ours, Newcatle''s and Sunderland''s remaining games are picked on Rays Funds what sort of percentage would you expect to call them right? The fact that those types of games are rarely chosen should tell you everything you need to know about realistic forecasts.

Talking of Rays Funds Miggo, have you had a think about managing the predictions for our game at Arsenal?[:)]

I''ll give you a prediction for the PUP''s Nigel: 1-0 Arsenal (I''m afraid to say).

However I''m distancing myself from managing Rays Funds simply because I shall not be posting on this forum anymore quite soon. It''s with a heavy heart though.