Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Result Predictions & Final Table

Also, to say that fans who think we''ll go down have given up is stupidity of the highest level. Surely even people with less than average IQ can see through this bull$it.

Just because you don''t think the team you support have enough in them to stay up, it doesn''t mean you won''t continue the strong support you give them.

Although I think it''s likely we''ll go down I''ll be there at the next home game just like I was there in the last one v Sunderland, shouting at the top of my voice, swearing at Borini when he celebrated the goal in front of us, like the (unt he is. Don''t tell me or any other fan who also thinks survival is unlikely that we''ve given up on our club - no-one has. If we had we certainly wouldn''t be discussing something we couldn''t give a rats @rse about.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Also, to say that fans who think we''ll go down have given up is stupidity of the highest level. Surely even people with less than average IQ can see through this bull$it.

Just because you don''t think the team you support have enough in them to stay up, it doesn''t mean you won''t continue the strong support you give them.

Although I think it''s likely we''ll go down I''ll be there at the next home game just like I was there in the last one v Sunderland, shouting at the top of my voice, swearing at Borini when he celebrated the goal in front of us, like the (unt he is. Don''t tell me or any other fan who also thinks survival is unlikely that we''ve given up on our club - no-one has. If we had we certainly wouldn''t be discussing something we couldn''t give a rats @rse about.[/quote]I disagree. Theres plenty here that gave up a long time ago.

Arsenal 2 Norwich 0

Norwich 1 Man U 2

Norwich 3 Watford 2

Everton 6 Norwich 2

Three more points and down. ( as predicted last summer )

[quote user="Vanwink"]Arsenal 2 Norwich 0

Norwich 1 Man U 2

Norwich 3 Watford 2

Everton 6 Norwich 2

Three more points and down. ( as predicted last summer )[/quote]

Couldn''t resist the "I told you so" could you?

morty wrote the following post at 24/04/2016 6:02 PM:

And there you go.....

What do you mean?

Arsenal 1 - 0 NorwichNorwich 2 - 1 Man UtdNorwich 1- 0 WatfordThen with our fate in our own hands on the final dayEverton 6 - 0 NorwichAnd the final table will look something like this:Sunderland 38-----------------Norwich 37Newcastle 37Aston Villa 17

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Also, to say that fans who think we''ll go down have given up is stupidity of the highest level. Surely even people with less than average IQ can see through this bull$it.

Although I think it''s likely we''ll go down I''ll be there at the next home game just like I was there in the last one v Sunderland, shouting at the top of my voice, swearing at Borini when he celebrated the goal in front of us, like the (unt he is. Don''t tell me or any other fan who also thinks survival is unlikely that we''ve given up on our club - no-one has. If we had we certainly wouldn''t be discussing something we couldn''t give a rats @rse about.[/quote]I disagree. Theres plenty here that gave up a long time ago.[/quote]I wish you''d give up posting on here. I would then be inclined to read far more threads as they wouldn''t contain an endless supply of your inconsequential opinions.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Also, to say that fans who think we''ll go down have given up is stupidity of the highest level. Surely even people with less than average IQ can see through this bull$it.

Although I think it''s likely we''ll go down I''ll be there at the next home game just like I was there in the last one v Sunderland, shouting at the top of my voice, swearing at Borini when he celebrated the goal in front of us, like the (unt he is. Don''t tell me or any other fan who also thinks survival is unlikely that we''ve given up on our club - no-one has. If we had we certainly wouldn''t be discussing something we couldn''t give a rats @rse about.[/quote]I disagree. Theres plenty here that gave up a long time ago.[/quote]I wish you''d give up posting on here. I would then be inclined to read far more threads as they wouldn''t contain an endless supply of your inconsequential opinions.

[/quote]What part of that should I care about exactly?

Just can''t get my head around some of the blind optimism on here.

Personally, I''ve thought we''d lose pretty much every week since I was born and even though we got a lucky result at Wembley, I haven''t been able to see where the "next" point is coming from since we played Palace at home.

I also predicted we''d get relegated this season before we got relegated two seasons ago, although I was expecting it to be down to league two.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Just can''t get my head around some of the blind optimism on here.

Personally, I''ve thought we''d lose pretty much every week since I was born and even though we got a lucky result at Wembley, I haven''t been able to see where the "next" point is coming from since we played Palace at home.

I also predicted we''d get relegated this season before we got relegated two seasons ago, although I was expecting it to be down to league two.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"]Do you guys predicting doom and gloom, go to games?Because frankly, if I was tripping over my bottom lip like you, I don''t think I''d bother.[/quote]To be fair Morty people are being realistic, even those like me who go to games.For whatever reason we''ve come up short on occasions when it mattered, eg, Villa and Palace away and Sunderland at home. All games matter but when it came to the sharp end of the season they were bad reverses.For what it''s worth I think :Arsenal - 0-3Man Utd - 1-1Watford - 2-1Everton - 1-1I doubt 36 points will be enough. I''d love to be going to Goodison with our fate in our own hands but in all my years following this outfit our record in final game great escapes is nowhere near as good as it has been in winning promotion.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Do you guys predicting doom and gloom, go to games?Because frankly, if I was tripping over my bottom lip like you, I don''t think I''d bother.[/quote]To be fair Morty people are being realistic, even those like me who go to games.For whatever reason we''ve come up short on occasions when it mattered, eg, Villa and Palace away and Sunderland at home. All games matter but when it came to the sharp end of the season they were bad reverses.For what it''s worth I think :Arsenal - 0-3Man Utd - 1-1Watford - 2-1Everton - 1-1I doubt 36 points will be enough. I''d love to be going to Goodison with our fate in our own hands but in all my years following this outfit our record in final game great escapes is nowhere near as good as it has been in winning promotion.[/quote]Do you honestly go to games thinking "Yeah we''re gonna get beaten again"?Because if I thought like that I seriously don''t think I''d put myself through such misery.

On the other hand M, do you constantly go into games thinking; ''We''re definitely going to win this one no doubt about it.''

It must be bl00dy depressing after most games this season

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Just can''t get my head around some of the blind optimism on here.

I also predicted we''d get relegated this season before we got relegated two seasons ago, although I was expecting it to be down to league two.[/quote]That''s nothing.There''s plenty on here thought that before they were conceived....[:D]

Morty, I do to some games, in reality a team which cost 300 million filled with international players will beat us, so yep, but on the odd occasion we beat the likes of United, Arsenal Spurs it''s a great feeling......

But hey I suppose we all have different levels of expectations.

I still believe 17th would be a fantastic achievement given what we started with and a young manager.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]On the other hand M, do you constantly go into games thinking; ''We''re definitely going to win this one no doubt about it.''

It must be bl00dy depressing after most games this season[/quote]Theres very little definite in football, and certainly nothing decided before a ball is kicked.But if I genuinely didn''t think we we had a chance of getting something from each game, I doubt I''d waste my time travelling up and down the country.And no, it hasn''t been the worst of seasons actually.

[quote user="morty"]Do you honestly go to games thinking "Yeah we''re gonna get beaten again"?Because if I thought like that I seriously don''t think I''d put myself through such misery.[/quote]Some I do, some I don''t.We''re small fish in a big pond. It''s called realism.

This is a Norwich City forum Morty, it''s not about you, please let posters express themselves and their thoughts about the club without constantly posting your personal agenda and abusing other posters, it spoils it for everyone.

If you want to own a message board I suggest you return to the one that you moderate, and of course used to slag off this place when you flounced off.😄

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Ah, you selected the big spoon this evening....[/quote]I''m sure you''re keen to buy him a pint in the Nelson....[;)][/quote]I would absolutely love to meet Vanwink[:)]

Was exactly my point Jim. If we have a team like Everton at home I don''t often think we''ll win because they have a much better team. The reason why I turn up though is because I enjoy seeing my team play and am hopeful that they''ll win.

It''s the same sort of feeling that if you''d go into the Everton home game thinking we''ll win; you know there could be a different result (draw or loss), but you watch it because you hope you team will win, not because you think they will.

We didn''t play this weekend. But reading a lot of this thread it feels like while the two NE clubs got a point a piece we must have played the rest of our games and lost them. Although our relegation hasn''t been reported on Sky News yet.......

Obviously it would have been better if Arsenal had won but the reality is that Sunderland''s potential points tally is two less than it was this morning. The games in hand are gone. In fact we now have a game in hand with Newcastle. If we better both their results over the last four games we stay up. Is it likely? Well Norwich have 6 points from their four most recent games. Sunderland and Newcastle have 5 points each from their four most recent games. I''m not going to try and predict the individual results. My position in the PUPs league would would count against anything I posted. But the overall picture seems to show we are still very much in it and as we stand tonight it''s too tight to call.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Also, to say that fans who think we''ll go down have given up is stupidity of the highest level. Surely even people with less than average IQ can see through this bull$it.

Although I think it''s likely we''ll go down I''ll be there at the next home game just like I was there in the last one v Sunderland, shouting at the top of my voice, swearing at Borini when he celebrated the goal in front of us, like the (unt he is. Don''t tell me or any other fan who also thinks survival is unlikely that we''ve given up on our club - no-one has. If we had we certainly wouldn''t be discussing something we couldn''t give a rats @rse about.[/quote]Have you spotted this Lessingham as it looks as though Mrs. Miggins sits near us ? Anyway for what it is worth a good post Mrs.M as it''s very much how us realists who have seen so much over the decades see it. Realism is a naughty word with some.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Also, to say that fans who think we''ll go down have given up is stupidity of the highest level. Surely even people with less than average IQ can see through this bull$it.

Although I think it''s likely we''ll go down I''ll be there at the next home game just like I was there in the last one v Sunderland, shouting at the top of my voice, swearing at Borini when he celebrated the goal in front of us, like the (unt he is. Don''t tell me or any other fan who also thinks survival is unlikely that we''ve given up on our club - no-one has. If we had we certainly wouldn''t be discussing something we couldn''t give a rats @rse about.[/quote]Have you spotted this Lessingham as it looks as though Mrs. Miggins sits near us ? Anyway for what it is worth a good post Mrs.M as it''s very much how us realists who have seen so much over the decades see it. Realism is a naughty word with some.[/quote]
Would you like me to apologise?

Arsenal 1 Norwich 1

Norwich 1 Man U 0

Norwich 1 Watford 0

Everton 0 Norwich 141 points and it''s bye bye Newcastle & SunderlandFunny old game football so never give up