Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vadis

Oscar Hiljemark

Finally, a rumour I can actually say I''ve actually heard before seeing it posted on here. Wouldn''t be a bad option for such a small fee, but makes me question why we''d need another DM when we have Tettey, Mulumbu and O''Neil vying for the same position.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Because he''s an improvement perhaps!?[/quote]

he he! Exactly this. Same as with Pinto. Go into Europe & pick up decent players for a fraction of what you would pay for someone from the Champs.

O''Neill is getting on a bit and as he has just demonstrated is prone to a rush if blood. Always need to be improving the 12-25 in the squad as well as the first 11 - not saying this is what Oscar would be though...

Scored today for Palermo vs Udinese.

Smart backpass before first goal, was involved in all Palermo goals, looks like an intelligent player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCO4v_zzszU

He might well be an improvement on what we have, but without stating the blindingly obvious, surely we should be concentrating on getting defensive reinforcements and a decent striker to replace Hooper''s departure?

The team is responsible for defending.

I would say we only have one naturally defensive midfielder in our squad, and in my opinion, whilst he has done a sterling job, we will need to upgrade if we want to not only maintain, but improve our PL stay.

Im guessing you''ve written off Mulumbu then? The guy''s hardly been given a chance, a handful of games if that?

Well Mulumbu doesn''t seem to be in favour, O''neill is what 33 and Tettey is abit injury prone together with a yellow card every game. Saturday highlighted a huge hole when Tettey is missing.

Can''t work this one out. Every report I''ve read says he''s an attacking midfielder.

If so we already have Wes, Redmond, Naysmith, Voo, Howson. SO if he is an attacking midfielder where would he fit in.

If he''s more of a defensive midfielder who also now how to score, then sounds like a snip at the asking price (if we get him)

But with Grabban & Hoops gone, I feel at least one striker is needed (my gut feeling says Gayle as he has got energy and pace which we are lacking) cuz Laffs doesn''t look like getting a look in.

Seen various reports last few days saying Palermo very unlikely to sell him until Summer at the earliest. Also scouts  been looking at him from Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan. Im sure he would choose City ahead of Atletico and Inter....

[quote user="Samwam27"]Can''t work this one out. Every report I''ve read says he''s an attacking midfielder.

If so we already have Wes, Redmond, Naysmith, Voo, Howson. SO if he is an attacking midfielder where would he fit in.

If he''s more of a defensive midfielder who also now how to score, then sounds like a snip at the asking price (if we get him)

But with Grabban & Hoops gone, I feel at least one striker is needed (my gut feeling says Gayle as he has got energy and pace which we are lacking) cuz Laffs doesn''t look like getting a look in.[/quote]Looking at a few sites he seems to be a right-sided, central midfielder. He''s played DM, but it''s not his usual role. So unless an Italian expert can give us the full SP, I''d say it''s not what we really need at the moment. (Unless he''s exceptionally good of course).

If he''s a step up in class to what we have I''m for signing a 23 year old for 2 million!

Parma might know more about him.

Some analysis of Palermo''s preferred 4-3-1-2 playing system, in which Hiljemark typically plays at the right side of the three midfielders behind a secondary striker, suggests that he does have defensive duties. (Also, for Sweden he has been subbed in for an AM in their second Euros playoff game vs Denmark, in a situation when they had a result to defend.)

Now, with Naismith on board, AN might be interested in solidifying the defense in "Palermo style", in which a versatile CM can come handy.

Watford are said to be interested, however they may employ a manager with new ideas and targets. I''m hoping we can revive our interest on this player, he seems to fit the criteria for the sort of player we need to add to our squad.

Oh dear lord, we''ve just signed Whitts and offered O''Neil a new contract, do you really think we''re serious about this?

Either press talk or the club going after unattainable targets to say at least we tried!

This is the type of signing for last summer.