Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Iturbe off to Watford

I suspect we will not show that intent I think the summer transfer window was an indication of our likely spend in January ur we do our main shopping in the summer we may get 2 squad players not expecting a marque signing

[quote user="Hector the Canary"]I suspect we will not show that intent I think the summer transfer window was an indication of our likely spend in January ur we do our main shopping in the summer we may get 2 squad players not expecting a marque signing[/quote]You are right that our summer spending gives a clue to what we aim to pay out next month, but your conclusion is the wrong way round. It is precisely because we didn''t end up spending all the money we had made available in the summer for the players we wanted that that this winter''s outlay is likely to be a clear record.

I agree Bor, they won''t be buying his for his goal scoring ability though I assume

And sorry to double post but Naismith would be a great signing if he wants to come here!

[quote user="JF"]Definitely[/quote]

He had a warm handshake with AN before the Everton game, it''s all looking pretty good for this one.

Naysmith wants to come and is pretty much on. Gayle also is a on the cards

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Pinkun Board Rule;If another clubsign a player it''s a statement of ambition/intent, if we sign someone it isn''t.

[/quote]

Haha, fair enough, but I would think the same if Norwich were actually getting Iturbe.

Yeah, trust me Juan Manuel Iturbe isn''t a "statment of intent" unless a player never seeing the field is a positive. Iturbe is all flash with ABSOLUTELY ZERO substance. He has the ability to pull of a fancy move and then blast a cross 30 yards into the stands the other side of the field, HOORAY. He''s also unbelievably lightweight and a mental case.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Bor"]3 goals in 39 games for Roma. Hardly sets my pulse racing with envy.[/quote]I bet he''s really good on FIFA though.[/quote]

Funnily enough, yes! He''s really quick which translates to "good on FIFA" I think the Pozzo''s must have a young relative who loves his FIFA. Ibarbo in summer and Iturbe in Jan?

Incidentally, Cameron Jerome is the best budget striker on the game. Power, pace and you can just score sweaty goals with him so don''t have to worry about the fact he can''t finish a hot dinner!

And if we were signing a furriner with 3 gools in 39 games then this board would combust in fury. ....Bor

He''s about as prolific as Ricky then.

A sweaty goal is explained as follows:

Where you get in a position with 2 players bearing down on goal, defence breached, one with the ball, one across the goal slightly withdrawn so as not to be in an offside position instead of doing the natural thing and shooting with the player in possession, you pass it to the supporting player therefore taking the keeper out of the equation and scoring a tap in with no skill needed on the shot.

In FIFA, they have a catch 22 situation, they try to make the game as real to life as they can but seeing as most games last 8 mins on FIFA and 90 mins in real life, this is not possible or the game would be incredibly boring. Therefore, there are things that are put into the game engine to make goalscoring easier. This creates the consequences of "easy goals." Some people when playing with peers have grown tired of this predictable way of scoring and so don''t appreciate this tactic hence the label "sweaty goal." Another unPC name for it involves a religion that is popular in Israel...

As for Iturbe, he''s not a striker, so 3 in 39 isn''t as bad as it sounds though admittedly it''s not fantastic and he had been better than that at his previous club.

So has anybody actually seen this guy play?

In my day we played Monopoly and when I first saw the Old Kent Road I was gutted to find that there weren''t really little green houses or a red hotel.....

Yep, plays like a cross between Messi and Lamela but not quite as good. He''s quick, fairly low centre of gravity but like a fair few diminutive wingers, his end product isn''t always the best.

[quote user="Bor"]3 goals in 39 games for Roma. Hardly sets my pulse racing with envy.[/quote]
Have to agree with this, not to mention this first quote I see upon googling him is...
[quote]Roma''s Argentine right-forward Juan Iturbe, 21, has yet to show signs he can overturn his burgeoning status as an expensive flop.[/quote]
...hardly the most inspiring signing.