Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Steven Caulker latest link to us.........

He was an excellent prospect at one time, seems to have never fulfilled his potential. Could be good alongside Bennett.

I think he''d be a decent addition as long as his price or wages were not too high. Good experience and a good age too. Would be a good replacement for the expected departure of Turner

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]He''s on a season long loan at Southampton........[/quote]

He''s not getting games so perhaps they''d like to get him off their wage bill.

Still seems as if somebody just pulled this out of their arse though.

Always thought he was OK, until I watched him lumber around in the 6-1 defeat against Liverpool recently. Even van Dijk couldn''t carry him in that game.

Trouble is there is so much rubbish about on Twitter at the moment-Young kids creating fake accounts to spread rumours about new signings for us then bragging that fans believe their rubbish.

Strange one this. If the player that played well for swansea is in there somewhere and it wasn''t just a purple patch then he''d be good. If his real performance levels are what we''ve seen at QPR and Southampton it''d be a definite No.

[quote user="Webbo118"]Someone has to say it. Source? Or have you seen his play slip and/or Bank statement?[/quote]

Any answer?

GOD NO. He''s barely League 2 quality. He might be as shite as Michael Turner or worse (which is amazing to think about).

I literally had no idea he was at Southampton...

I would have loved him 2 or 3 years ago, but I would be very skeptical about him being worth the fee/wages now.

His career has nose-dived spectacularly since he signed for QPR - but two years ago he played every game for Cardiff in the top flight. Even though they went down, he was one of their best players. Until 18 months ago he was a fantastic prospect, and I don''t think that all that talent has just disappeared. A big gamble, but under the tutelage of an excellent manager at a good club, he could become an excellent player again.A big gamble, no doubt, but not a perennial donkey like some on here are suggesting.

Apparently we do quite a lot of personality profiling before signing players, so if he fits the bill and we can rehabilitate him into a Premier League quality CB then I would be all for this.  However, at the end of the day we are not Redwings.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Although they got relegated, much like Chester at Hull, he did play well that season for QPR.[/quote]

Eh, it''s more he was on the field. Yes he had maybe 7 anything above average games. He was far more average to plain bad. They didn''t have better, which says more about QPR than it does Caulker.

Personally would say he was average to good. His average rating on whoscored for that season was 7.17 - I can see why Southampton bought him. Bassong''s last PL season got an average rating of 6.74.

At 24 and the right club, run of games could return to his full potential, is our club that one only AN & MacNally will know.

Personally I''d be happy with Caulker, here to help shore up our defence. Given any injury would mean Martin back at CB, we need cover.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Personally would say he was average to good. His average rating on whoscored for that season was 7.17 - I can see why Southampton bought him. Bassong''s last PL season got an average rating of 6.74.[/quote]

I stump for Bassong probably more than anyone, though I don''t think he was nearly as bad as people make out (due to the fact he really did basically have to play 2 CB positions for half a year, (Yobo helped but even then not much) he WAS fairly bad that year.

Caulker has never impressed me enough to want him either at Cardiff or QPR; if I recall correctly I think the reported wages were IRO £40k pw; considerably more than Ryans and probably towards the high end of squads pay?

Whether he had a relegation clause is is unclear - given the shambles of QPR probably not..