Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

Mbo-can't

This must be the forth or fifth time ive looked at this thread thinking ''lets see what people think of M''bokani''.....no such luck. Gonna go cut firewood now.

There is a guy on another thread selling all sorts of useful documents, he may even have M&B social club membership cards. Just thought it might help.

"This must be the forth or fifth time ive looked at this thread thinking ''lets see what people think of M''bokani''.....no such luck. Gonna go cut firewood now. "

I don''t blame you. I didn''t take it off topic - I''m just responding to the usual suspects.

My whole point on this was that after seeing Mbokani Wednesday night I saw enough to know he isn''t the right acquisition to be solving our goal scoring problems:

Now after seeing him again yesterday at the Boleyn in what was obviously a much more competitive contest I have to admit he is a good player - strong, direct and a handful for defences BUT we didn''t acquire him to be any of those things or to be an ''assister'' to lay on goals for others. WE GOT HIM TO SCORE GOALS!

And he won''t IMO.

Mbo-can''t for me still.

So you were wrong first time round. And now you''re wrong again. We bought him to play the lone striker role, so the attributes you listed are actually perfect.

For someone who proclaims to know a bit about footy you don''t half struggle at the basics.

[quote user="ruthers1"]

I don''t blame you. I didn''t take it off topic - I''m just responding to the usual suspects...[/quote]If you didn''t tell barefaced lies there''d be no need to take it off topic.

[quote user="ruthers1"]"Ghost, you''re assuming an intellect that is in fact beyond Ruthers"

Lol, let me get this right - you lot are challenging MY intellect?!!!

I did go to the original May & Baker social club meet up on Sweetbriar Rd. When I saw for my own eyes the ''intellect'' of my fellow posters at that meeting I was flabbergasted. Jez the Barclay ''King'' or whatever warrior like name he called himself at the time was knee high to a grasshopper and had the handshake of a wet fish! Don''t get me wrong - I knew Tilson was tiresome as dull as dishwater but as for the rest of them...I don''t want to even go there again!

Thank goodness in the years that have followed we''ve actually gained some intellect on this forum. The likes of Ricardo, Making Plans even Jimmy Smith at a push have made me persevere in spite of Lappinitup and all the other happy clapping retards.[/quote]As you have dragged me into this ''original'' meeting it is such a shame that i was not there Smudger.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I would suggest its incredibly stupid to write Mbokani off so soon, admittedly though, like the OP, I only listened to it on the radio.[/quote]

That''s all he ever does !

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]It was as if the OP couldn''t contain his pleasure as he posted that tripe.

I haven''t noted him much.

Is he Ipswich Town by any chance?

Ridiculous.[/quote]

He''s Smudger! Isn''t he?

"As you have dragged me into this ''original'' meeting it is such a shame that i was not there Smudger."

That explains why I''m not in the picture then. It couldn''t have been the inaugural meeting that I attended - it must''ve been a later one that you were at too.

[quote user="ruthers1"]"As you have dragged me into this ''original'' meeting it is such a shame that i was not there Smudger."

That explains why I''m not in the picture then. It couldn''t have been the inaugural meeting that I attended - it must''ve been a later one that you were at too.[/quote]Shall we now take it from your reply you have admitted to what we have known for a long time that you are the banned poster Smudger ?

I was hoping this post may give views on Mbokani, obviously not. Just bickering about not a lot with no football insight. That''s a shame.

[quote user="Cobain18"]I was hoping this post may give views on Mbokani, obviously not. Just bickering about not a lot with no football insight. That''s a shame.[/quote]If you are looking for football insight i suggest you stay clear of threads started by Smudger. [:P]

Does it actually matter if I am the artist formerly known as Smudger?

I don''t see how it can. My views are my views are they not?

I love the manager and the midfield - I''m just being honest in saying that our attack is Championship standard at best and the defence is weak - containing a muppet for a captain, as nice a guy as he undoubtedly is etc.

It does matter. If you are smudger we know how much to value what you say. Which is pretty little in fairness.

Mainly because you have never been interested in discussion, in listening or being open to other points of view or ever accepting that you are wrong.

Others, who deserve more time, can do all of those things or more. I''m not old but I have lived long enough to know people who just want to hear their own opinions and not those of others, are just a waste of time for everyone.

What''s worse are the clocks always right once(twice) a day arguments.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Does it actually matter if I am the artist formerly known as Smudger?

I don''t see how it can. My views are my views are they not?

I love the manager and the midfield - I''m just being honest in saying that our attack is Championship standard at best and the defence is weak - containing a muppet for a captain, as nice a guy as he undoubtedly is etc.[/quote]
1) No evidence for this. Jerome has played a lot in the Premier League. Why do clubs keep buying and playing him in the Premier League despite his below-average goal tally? Probably because his all round play is premier league standard. Oh, and we don''t even know about Mbokani yet, despite you thinking you''re some kind of football genius and far more knowledgable than our entire scouting and management teams.
2) those four words are more than enough for me to realise you know literally nothing about football. Try reading one of Parma''s threads (a guy who actually does know). You might learn something.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ruthers1"]Does it actually matter if I am the artist formerly known as Smudger? I don''t see how it can. My views are my views are they not? I love the manager and the midfield - I''m just being honest in saying that our attack is Championship standard at best and the defence is weak - containing a muppet for a captain, as nice a guy as he undoubtedly is etc.[/quote]

1) No evidence for this. Jerome has played a lot in the Premier League. Why do clubs keep buying and playing him in the Premier League despite his below-average goal tally? Probably because his all round play is premier league standard. Oh, and we don''t even know about Mbokani yet, despite you thinking you''re some kind of football genius and far more knowledgable than our entire scouting and management teams.

2) those four words are more than enough for me to realise you know literally nothing about football. Try reading one of Parma''s threads (a guy who actually does know). You might learn something.

[/quote]

His knowledge is so limited that Grefsted could teach him something.

The forward position is obviously between Jerome and Mbokani at the moment.

Jerome has had the shirt for a while, playing OK, but not scoring.

Mbokani has more of a goal threat, but perhaps is overall play is not as polished as Jerome''s.

So, for AN, the choice is to either go with a forward that brings a bigger goalscoring threat, arguably Mbokani, or stick with a player that does not score, but brings others into play well, in the form of Jerome.

Personally I think Mbokani can link up just as well as Jerome does. I dont think he harries and runs the channel as well as Jerome though, but we have not seen enough of him to know, yet.

I would like to see Mbokani start vs Leicester, and I think he will.

[quote user="lappinitup"]It was the one done jointly with the NCISA BBQ I think you''ll find Smudger. BTW, welcome back........yet again. [;)] [:D][/quote]

Is this the Smudger who used to slag off the King Of Spain but had a lovely selfie taken with him @ The Valley?

I''m sure St Johnstone will have a messageboard that will appreciate your insightful views.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Is this the Smudger who used to slag off the King Of Spain but had a lovely selfie taken with him @ The Valley?

I''m sure St Johnstone will have a messageboard that will appreciate your insightful views.[/quote]The very one Drazen who also thought that Elliott Ward and Anthony McNamee were the dogs swingers.