Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

Mbo-can't

[quote user="Alex "]Well actually... Mbo-bloody-CAN-i![/quote]
Thought he was brilliant today. Changed the game when he came on. Unlucky not to get a second with the header.
The most telling thing for me was that the stats came up on the stream on 80mins. In 17 mins, Mbokani had more shots that any other player in a yellow shirt had managed in the 80. He''ll score goals at this level. Took his goal beautifully too.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Alex "]Well actually... Mbo-bloody-CAN-i![/quote]
Thought he was brilliant today. Changed the game when he came on. Unlucky not to get a second with the header.
The most telling thing for me was that the stats came up on the stream on 80mins. In 17 mins, Mbokani had more shots that any other player in a yellow shirt had managed in the 80. He''ll score goals at this level. Took his goal beautifully too.
[/quote]He deserves a start in 2 weeks time. I thought he was very good - however to Jerome''s credit, it was a different game when he came on. Jerome certainly wasn''t poor today, unlike a few in our midfield who had uncharacteristic shockers (Mr''s Howson & Tetty)However - if Jerome finishes his chance after 3 mins - as tricky as it was - it''s a different game. he needs to be finishing those in this league, or at least working the ''keeper.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Alex "]Well actually... Mbo-bloody-CAN-i![/quote]
[/quote]He deserves a start in 2 weeks time. I thought he was very good - however to Jerome''s credit, it was a different game when he came on. Jerome certainly wasn''t poor today, unlike a few in our midfield who had uncharacteristic shockers (Mr''s Howson & Tetty)However - if Jerome finishes his chance after 3 mins - as tricky as it was - it''s a different game. he needs to be finishing those in this league, or at least working the ''keeper.[/quote]
Agree with that. Jerome was incredibly isolated and his lack of product was the result of poor service and being a yellow island in their half. Looked much better when he had Mbokani up top and Redmond supporting. There were few decent performances before 65 today, Tettey and Howson were poor, Hoolahan couldn''t keep hold of the ball, Whittaker was poor, Bassong wasn''t great, Brady wasn''t great and his delivery was awful from corners, Jarvis wasn''t even on the pitch was he? Absolutely anonymous today. Thought only players who played OK or better were Martin (and I''m not his biggest fan, but he was OK today), Ruddy and Jerome.

I got slated a few weeks back for saying Jerome is a poor premiership player but excellent at championship level..his record in the top flight isn''t the best.Mbokani has looked sharp in all the games he''s played, if a little bit "arms and legs". by all accounts he did well today, lets hope he features more in 2 weeks.

Mbokani got what he deserved today, he is strong, skillful and hard working, I think that there is still a little more understanding with his teammates to come, and when it does he will put plenty more away.

What a load of p*ss and wind merchants you lot are!!

One early goal means nothing (just ask RvW) and I stand by my original assessment that he will NOT be the answer to our striking department''s woefully short goal ratio return.

2 goals from 8 games is nowhere near a good enough return to keep us in this division. That''s what you happy clapping cnuts should be concentrating on tonight. Talk about clutching at straws!

[quote user="ruthers1"]What a load of p*ss and wind merchants you lot are!!

One early goal means nothing (just ask RvW) and I stand by my original assessment that he will NOT be the answer to our striking department''s woefully short goal ratio return.

2 goals from 8 games is nowhere near a good enough return to keep us in this division. That''s what you happy clapping cnuts should be concentrating on tonight. Talk about clutching at straws![/quote]
Lol. Your trolling level is weak. Mbokani has looked good, and he''s scored a goal. Yes one goal doesn''t make him a world-beater, but he''s made a decent start to his NCFC career and ha a ratio of 1 goal every 2 games across his career. I''ve seen nothing that makes me think he can''t score goals in the Prem. He completely changed the game today and was unlucky not to score a 2nd (when he hit the underside of the bar). Calling everyone a cnut for no apparent reason just betrays the fact that not only are you a troll, you''re also an odious little bellend.

Poor old troll predictably resorting to the level insults and retorts that your intellect level dictates just because your pathetic attention seeking post has been blown out of the water. Try harder next time.

Kick it off wrote (with feeling)

Lol. Your trolling level is weak. Mbokani has looked good, and he''s scored a goal. Yes one goal doesn''t make him a world-beater, but he''s made a decent start to his NCFC career and ha a ratio of 1 goal every 2 games across his career. I''ve seen nothing that makes me think he can''t score goals in the Prem. He completely changed the game today and was unlucky not to score a 2nd (when he hit the underside of the bar). Calling everyone a ** for no apparent reason just betrays the fact that not only are you a troll, you''re also an odious little bell end.

Ruthers i think that is you queue to do one, now F Cough

Let''s have no talk of bans. You all know you''d miss him if he wasn''t here. Just like dear old Norris in Corrie, it''s a poorer show without him....

I work in mental health and Master Smudger definitely has issues . What meds are you on ? Diazepam , lorazepam or zopiclone. if you have never touched any of those then I''m in the wrong job.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Seen enough tonight to know we''ve brought in yet another dud striker.[/quote]Still think the same Smudger ?

Not sure what Smudger thinks about it, don''t really care. I haven''t changed my mind though - he was brought in to score goals and so far Lafferty''s matching him in that department despite being on the pitch for a fraction of the time Mbokant has.

Yeh it''s all based on goals. Let''s not use our eyes to judge a performance as then the OP really would look stupid.

Also, scoring in the 85th min with the oppo chasing the game and leaving gaps (in a cup game) is not comparable to scoring when 2-0 down and struggling to get any foothold in the game.

Mbokani has started really well....not going to give any credit?