Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

TW@TD on the brink of meltdown

Middlesboro have apparently bid 4mill for Murphy (more fool them if that''s true, but after missing out on Vossen, it''s the kind of knee jerk response that isn''t beyond the realms of possibility).
Derby apparently in for McGoldrick. 
The rumblings are starting now. They''ve gone from delusions of a strikeforce they believed to be the best in the division with Sears, Murphy, Pitman and McGoldrick to bricking it at the thought of Sears and Pitman and Mad Mick not being able to support them with other signings.
Maybe the penny is finally about to drop.

The only thing that would keep my sane if I were them (thankfully not) is the thought that maybe some of that 12m will be reinvested. but going from past standards, there''s very little chance

Are they starting to see the position they are in?

How much of Al this money they are making through sales will the club see?

Some gold on there at the moment! Obviously, all the money is going on wages and fees, which other teams don''t have to pay, which explains where all the money is going and why other teams are paying fees and they aren''t! You couldn''t make it up.
[img]http://i.gyazo.com/261b223c0eec51d9ad2276a8d7110000.png[/img]

Particularly like the Berra is in the top 5 defenders in the league quote.

They obviously didn''t watch the second leg at the Carra!

They are in denial about their massive debt considering it not to exist at all because it is owed to Marcus Evans and is therefore internal.

A debt is a debt, whatever way they dress it up, and it has to be seen as the underlying reason, along with the annual loss, as to why they have been been unable to spend much in the market.

McCarthy has done well in his dealings, but they are not the "freebies" that the dimwits like to make out. As has been pointed out, signing on fees and wages (still in excess of 100% of turnover?) have been high for the past few seasons. How else can you explain the annual loss? Gates are decent for the division but still average 10, 000 below some of the serious players and Boro and Derby are able to offer even more.

Evans remains the enigma, currently using FFP to excuse his limited investment, he now keeps the budget under strict control.

The worst scenario for the club would be in ME were to bail out, sell the debt and leave them to drift towards the lower divisions. The fan base seem oblivious to this scenario and assume that even just a season of Premier League football, a certainty next season apparently, will absolve them from debt, whereas one season will make little difference.

We might be the Canaries, but they remain the Ostriches and have their heads permanently buried in the sand.

The fact that the eye of the ostrich is actually bigger than it''s brain amply sums up their unrealistic aspirations.

One thing I have noticed from my few guilty looks on tw@td was there ignorance towards FFP. Look, I''m no expert on it, and I think the majority of people don''t fully understand it to the nth degree, but as soon as anyone in the Championship buys a new player, the 1p5hit fans all cry "why are we the only team in the Championship abiding by FFP rules" and "we''re the only ones playing by the rules". Utter, utter delusion beyond belief.

I would laugh too soon, its been reported in the Irish sun that we are about to bid 4mil for Murphy!

I mean is that the best we can get?

so thats 8 million for their "best" player... and now potentially 4 million for a striker..

12 million quid and not a penny spent...

an "owner" who owns the debt other than the club.... where they bear his name on the shirts and the advertising boards (Thus he''s paying himself money to sponsor the club..)

We know you read this forum binners... where all those tenners you waved at us?

for those of you who aren''t quite switched on (most of them) this might help...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asset_stripping

[quote user="kick it off"]Some gold on there at the moment! Obviously, all the money is going on wages and fees, which other teams don''t have to pay, which explains where all the money is going and why other teams are paying fees and they aren''t! You couldn''t make it up.

[img]http://i.gyazo.com/261b223c0eec51d9ad2276a8d7110000.png[/img]

[/quote]

This is what I find hilarious, they seem to think that they are the only club in the division who pay wages to players.

Apparently they spend more than most on wages.

Although the last set of accounts showed that actually Ipswich (from the top of my head) were the 15th highest wage payers in the league, with teams like Bristol City who were in the league at the time paying higher wages than Ipswich.

So they don''t spend any money, ridiculous debts, and aren''t even that competitive with wages, but Marcus Evan''s is still a great owner.....

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]Particularly like the Berra is in the top 5 defenders in the league quote.

They obviously didn''t watch the second leg at the Carra![/quote]

Decent piece of goalkeeping though...

just had a skim through and one of them thinks Bassong is our weak link!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah!

I haven''t laughed that much at something I''ve read online in years!!!! keep going binners.. comedy gold! :D

If we were to bid for Murphy you would seriously have to question the people running our club . He would be overpriced at £500,000 let alone £4 million .

[quote user="Muddy funster"]You laugh at Mrs Brown''s Boys??? ......goodness. I always wondered who it was who found that amusing.[/quote]Well I saw straight through them thinking we didn''t notice Mrs Brown was a man.I always laugh about that [;)]

I still struggle with the idea of even visiting their forums, even just to wind them up makes me feel dirty...

However - perhaps they would like RvW to bolster their disappearing strike force.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]just had a skim through and one of them thinks Bassong is our weak link!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah!

I haven''t laughed that much at something I''ve read online in years!!!! keep going binners.. comedy gold! :D[/quote]

Is that the same Bassong who probably still has Murphy in his back pocket and had us all questioning if he had even turned up to Carrow Rd?

[I know it''s always being spoke about but on 08:47 - Jul 9 with 176 viewsMach_foreignBlue
I know it''s always being spoke about but on 08:19 - Jul 9 by bentleybuh1
If we come out of this league i couldnt afford to go ! As someone said the other day,i wont pay over £25 to watch some bearded lout run about and earn 1000''s a week
[Post edited 9 Jul 8:20]

You''ll have to find a way to pay that ;) So sick of this league and getting humped by Norwich any time we play them in it.
[:D][:D][:D]

The club seems to be getting into more disarray as the season approaches.

TWTD seems convinced now that they will lose either Murphy or McGoldrick, or both, in the coming weeks.

I hope it''s McGoldrick (wouldn''t mind him here btw) as he has more class, whereas the ''Spud'' could be a one season wonder as far as goal-scoring is concerned.

McCarthy seems prepared to pay decent money for Brummie plodder Clayton Donaldson, so something is afoot.

Also, local boy Luke Hyam is out for a while and there is talk of them buying Jonny Williams, a Palace nearly man with injury doubts. He has been at the ''Loo'' on loan in the past and they worship him there, calling him "Joniesta" no less.

The point is, the very self-same fans who have constantly boasted about not spending big are now hoping their club splashes the millions.

They continue to mock our RVW losses, whilst overlooking the fact that we profited on the sales of Snoddy and Fer, so we now may have some ridiculing of our own to do. Losses are relative after all.

With not much happening on the Carrow Road front, events on the other side of the tracks continue to interest. I remain a keen observer.

On the cusp of the season that is supposed to bring about their entry into the Land of Milk and Honey, they do seem to be in rather a pleasing state of flux.

McCarthy for Ireland?

Mock our losses on RVW? Yep, gotta take that one on the chin, but as the Binners like their history, let''s have a conversation about Finidi George.....................

Lots of talk sheff w have bid £4m for Murphy. To be fair If they get that I reckon he is easily replaceable. Clayton Donaldson is decent at that level.

Be interesting to see how they fair this season just think the 3 relegated sides will do well unlike last season when it was just us.

Think they will do well to get a top 10 finish.