Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Steven Fletcher

Surprise surprise, another Scottish player! Sooner or later we''ll have half of the Scotland team.

Martin, Whittaker, Dorrans, linked with Banan & Fletcher, Scottish Chairman & Manager.

I''ve nothing against Scotland, but this reeks of Peter Grant MkII. They should have made the 3rd kit tartan.

What about Norman Stanley Fletcher?

I guess Steven knows this league, plenty of experience - I''ve never thought hm particularly great, but as an annoying big feller he can certainly fill a role that we seem to want filling

Dr ink - you missed off McGrandle, and the other guys we''ve signed from Scotland (''guilty by association'', surely?!) - Hooper, Andreu.

I don''t actually care who they are or where they are from, so long as they are up to it and (as important) can play well together.

If he can return to the form he had prior to injuries eg 24 goals in 60 games for premier league Wolves - then I would take him.

Allegedly, he''s been transfer listed by Sunderland. Reminds me a little of Holt. From what I can gather from Twitter, lots of Sunderland fans don''t rate him. For Â£4m, I don''t think it would be a bad shout.  Fits the bill for what we want - tall, strong centre forward, good age (28), experience of playing in the Prem.

Like many others, I think any striker signing depends on whether RvW, Lafferty and Hooper are staying. Can''t see us keeping all 3 and signing someone else.

Based on all the links (either confirmed or mostly not) striker wise it appears the genre of striker we are looking for this summer is a traditional target man type who is good in the air so I suppose on that front he fits the bill as he''s a different option to what we already have. Although I think some outside the club view Jerome as that type of player he''s not really that strong in the air.

Fletcher, on form, can irritate defenders like a wasp at a Picnic, seems to hustle goals and is often first to react in the box. He''s a right place, right time kind of striker, doesnt mind a bit of physical but laughs it off rather than the Laffs ''take no prisoners but take a yellow card '' approach.

If we took him, i would neither be elated or disappointed. Kind of how i felt about Cameron Jerome, yet there i was , eight months later singing woah Cameron Jerooooome, after he put in such a terrific performance at Wembley.

Just what we need. A young, pacy, dynamic centre forward with plenty of goals in him. A vast upgrade on what we have already. Rather excited about this news.

Sunday papers/BBC gossip column seems to have Swansea as being favourites to get Fletcher, for £4m - so we have competition....that is, if we are indeed after him - we do things so on the quiet that we don''t really have any idea!

I hope we don''t go in for him. Hardly a name I hear thats makes me think amazing player. Looked at his stats not exactly banging in the goals. One we should avoid or like someone already stated as backup

Unfortunately we probably don''t have the £ to get too many players in that make you think ''amazing player'', though. Brady at c£7m - a decent player - shows that.

There''s few players with really good goal-scoring stats in the PL - it''s a hard league and that is where Fletcher has spent most of his career. A guy like Fletcher (or Jerome) is needed for much more than just goalscoring.