Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

Relegation Predictions

Who do you think will get relegated this season?

I hope it will be:

18. Sunderland - Flirted with relegation for a long time. Unconvincing under Advocat.

19. Leicester - Mainly to wipe Lineker''s smile off his face! Should have gone down last year.

20. Watford - Not a fan of how the club is run. Bought too many players.

I''m sure that us and Bournemouth will also be down there - with Villa and Newcastle potentially, if they struggle.

My three to go down are Watford, Bournemouth, and 1 of the 2 claret and blue teams, probably West Ham. Really think Villa will struggle, and seemingly unlike everyone else, I don''t think Bilic''s return to Upton Park will be a happy one.

[quote user="Alex "]My three to go down are Watford, Bournemouth, and 1 of the 2 claret and blue teams, probably West Ham. Really think Villa will struggle, and seemingly unlike everyone else, I don''t think Bilic''s return to Upton Park will be a happy one.[/quote]

Plus with West Ham there''s the added distraction of the Europa League.

I think Sunderland''s time will finally come this season. They looked so poor for long periods last season, before and after Advocat was appointed. And, as mentioned above, they have flirted with relegation for years.

Other than us and the two other promoted teams I think that Villa will struggle without Delph and Benteke and the likes of Leicester and Newcastle will be down there.

I''m thinking Leicester, Watford and Us, I hope I''m wrong but I don''t see use staying up.

Villa without Benteke, Delph and Vlaar look in trouble - but the three Jordans, Vertout, Amavi and Ayew are cracking signings.

I think Leicester will struggle, buying a lot and it doesn''t seem like there is a clearly planned out strategy in place.

Hard to say with Watford, they will basically be a team of players that didn''t exist last season - could be really good if they all perform to their best, but could be awful if they can''t get it together.

Bournemouth are building a team with frightening pace, but think they will struggle with goals - could be a bit like Blackpool in the sense they explode out of the blocks but struggle once everyone works them out. They could alternately be the next Swansea.

Newcastle have bought well and Mclaren should be able to get a tune out of the players there - think they will do well, could be the ''surprise package'' of the season.

West Ham will have problems whilst in Europe, should have enough quality to pick up the points they need though. With Payet and Sakho they should have the ability to score goals.

Sunderland became much more solid under Advocaat, but was surprised the fans were so desperate for him to stay. Lens and Kaboul are good signings - think they will struggle up to Jan/Feb, sack their manager and then secure survival on one of the last few days of the season with 38 points - as is their style.

Reckon Norwich survival is a 50/50 - depends on injuries and players hitting form at key moments. Will be a nerve wrecking season I think.

For us to survive a lot depends on how we start the first 10 games! We have a great chance to put distance between us and the bottom with the way our fixtures have come out.

In all reality we are one of Watford, Bournemouth, Villa, Leicester and maybe Sunderland to be regarded as relegation fodder.

Yes on one hand we have a squad full of premiership experience, but also relegated premiership experience, good or bad time will tell.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Villa without Benteke, Delph and Vlaar look in trouble - but the three Jordans, Vertout, Amavi and Ayew are cracking signings. I think Leicester will struggle, buying a lot and it doesn''t seem like there is a clearly planned out strategy in place. Hard to say with Watford, they will basically be a team of players that didn''t exist last season - could be really good if they all perform to their best, but could be awful if they can''t get it together. Bournemouth are building a team with frightening pace, but think they will struggle with goals - could be a bit like Blackpool in the sense they explode out of the blocks but struggle once everyone works them out. They could alternately be the next Swansea. Newcastle have bought well and Mclaren should be able to get a tune out of the players there - think they will do well, could be the ''surprise package'' of the season. West Ham will have problems whilst in Europe, should have enough quality to pick up the points they need though. With Payet and Sakho they should have the ability to score goals. Sunderland became much more solid under Advocaat, but was surprised the fans were so desperate for him to stay. Lens and Kaboul are good signings - think they will struggle up to Jan/Feb, sack their manager and then secure survival on one of the last few days of the season with 38 points - as is their style. Reckon Norwich survival is a 50/50 - depends on injuries and players hitting form at key moments. Will be a nerve wrecking season I think.[/quote]

I agree with pretty much everything that you''ve put up there Bethnal, what about West Brom? They are tight at the back but I don''t believe that they have that many goals in them and will struggle this year and am not convinced that Pullis will hang around for the whole season (half expect Villa to try to poach him when they realise that Sherwood is going to lead to relegation)...

For me though, I think Leicester, Bournemouth and Sunderland will go down, with ourselves, Villa, West Brom and surprisingly Palace all flirting with it until late in the day...

Although its too early to say as the transfer dealings aren''t done yet, I will say Watford are pretty much nailed on as they''ve just gone overboard and done a QPR...but with a more half arsed approach

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Although its too early to say as the transfer dealings aren''t done yet, I will say Watford are pretty much nailed on as they''ve just gone overboard and done a QPR...but with a more half arsed approach[/quote]Particularly true in our case. Neil has said he still hopes to bring in two more players. Since we have filled gaps and improved the squad in every area bar up front it doesn''t take a genius to work out he is hoping for at least one new, and potentially transformative, striker.My view has been all along that we will roughly spend this summer on transfers the amount we did two years ago. Then it was £20m plus £8m in add-ons. Dorrans and Brady both had sizeable price tags but not so much Kean, Mulumbu and Wisdom. So there should still be a few million lying around for a - by our standards - expensive acquisition.

For me, Sunderlnd, watford and leicester will go down.

Others to struggle: Us, bournemouth, villa, West Ham, west brom.

I think the rest should be fine.

We may struggle but I would rather have AN as manager than most of the current Prem managers so I think that ultimately we will be OK.

Anyone who thinks that Watford are doing a QPR probably doesn''t realise that the Pozzo family have been managing football clubs for 30 years.

Bournemouth have the financial backing but I don''t think that will compensate for the lack of experience in the Prem-in terms of players and management and basically the whole club.

As others have said, Villa will struggle without Benteke and Delph, I don''t think the replacements will be sufficient.

West Ham might struggle early on due to the Europa League-although they have already struggled in that anyway-and Bilic might be on his way sooner rather than later.

Leicester needed a great run at the end of last season to stay up, think that Ranieri isn''t the manager for a struggling team.

So I think it will be Bournemouth, Leicester and either Villa or West Ham.

my only prediction is that we are almost certain to remain anxious come the start of april,  along with 7-8 other clubs,  and that is unlikely to be much better come the end of april. 

[quote user="Mr Angry"]We may struggle but I would rather have AN as manager than most of the current Prem managers so I think that ultimately we will be OK.

Anyone who thinks that Watford are doing a QPR probably doesn''t realise that the Pozzo family have been managing football clubs for 30 years.

Bournemouth have the financial backing but I don''t think that will compensate for the lack of experience in the Prem-in terms of players and management and basically the whole club.

As others have said, Villa will struggle without Benteke and Delph, I don''t think the replacements will be sufficient.

West Ham might struggle early on due to the Europa League-although they have already struggled in that anyway-and Bilic might be on his way sooner rather than later.

Leicester needed a great run at the end of last season to stay up, think that Ranieri isn''t the manager for a struggling team.

So I think it will be Bournemouth, Leicester and either Villa or West Ham.[/quote]

Watford may go down - I think it will be tough but as Mr Angry says comparing us to QPR is very wide of the mark. The Pozzos business is trading players - the teams give them the window to do it and in the premiership a very big window. See attached

love to see west ham go down just due to them moving to the huge Olympic stadium and almost thinking they are now a top 4 club.

would be quite humorous seeing them in the championship with the stadium half empty.