Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

End of season PinkUn awards

End of the season and it''s that time of the year where we select the awards for the stand-out performers on this board. The categories are........Poster of the year...Runner up...Miserablist of the season...Most annoying troll...Flouncer of the year, (flounced off in a hissy fit only to return)...Top plastic...Best new poster...Funniest poster...Thread of the year...Post of the year...Most dedicated dodgy streamer...Most boring poster...Most trusted poster (transfer info etc)....For this years team award.....posters who disappear when we''re winning only to return when we lose.

Let''s have your nominations (closing date 31st June). [:D]

These kinds of threads always stir up some kind of drama.Excellent[:)]

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Blimey Lappin, 31st you say? That would take some doing............

Lots of love from the Pedantic Poster[/quote]Straight from the Sepp Blatter book of rules Crabby. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]End of the season and it''s that time of the year where we select the awards for the stand-out performers on this board. The categories are........

Poster of the year...      Waveney Canary

Runner up...                 Herr Flick

Miserablist of the season...   Hector Prune

Most annoying troll...            River End Canary  

Flouncer of the year, (flounced off in a hissy fit only to return)...    Flake District Canary

Top plastic...           Toby Jugs

Best new poster...          Southstand

Funniest poster...           Dauphpoise Potato

Thread of the year...       Match Thread 

Post of the year...            Norwich Expects Every Plastic to do their duty

Most dedicated dodgy streamer...      Cheap Cheap Canaries

Most boring poster...              Canary Buffett

Most trusted poster (transfer info etc)....   What Crisis?

For this years team award.....posters who disappear when we''re winning only to return when we lose.      Mike Hunt

[/quote]

The categories are........

Poster of the year... Purple Canary

Runner up... Bethnal Y & G

Miserablist of the season... Jim Smith

Most annoying troll... Waveney

Flouncer of the year, (flounced off in a hissy fit only to return)... Biggest flounce was City 1st but he hasn''t come back (well not as City 1st)

Top plastic... TCCANARY

Best new poster... Waveney''s next incarnation.

Funniest poster... BUH

Thread of the year... Match Thread

Post of the year... Sack McNally

Most dedicated dodgy streamer... Firstrowsports

Most boring poster... Jimmy Smith

Most trusted poster (transfer info etc).... Bethnal Y & G

For this years team award.....posters who disappear when we''re winning only to return when we lose. Reggis Strayshon

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

The categories are........Most boring poster... Jimmy Smith

[/quote]Can only echo this.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

The categories are........Most boring poster... Jimmy Smith

[/quote]Can only echo this.[/quote]

Long may I inspire you!

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

The categories are........

Miserablist of the season... Jim Smith

[/quote]I think that is pretty harsh on Jim. I can think of a few posters, seemingly from their usernames from north of the Wash, who have far better claims to the title. Their appearance is like looking at a weather map with a cold and wet front approaching one''s location at a rate of knots.One important category missing is the Flat Earth Society Award. This year it goes to that gallant handful who kept asserting, even as the evidence dwindled away to nothing, thatt we should have hired Neil Lennon in the summer.

What do the winners get Lapps I think a candle lite supper with LDC and Morty would be an excellent prize. Morty paying of course

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Funniest poster has to be between Bor Bor Bor and one of Waveneys incarnations ,,,, just not sure which one !

Most boring has to be Ldc ,,,[/quote]Bor is the funniest poster here by a country mile.

[quote user="lappinitup"]End of the season and it''s that time of the year where we select the awards for the stand-out performers on this board. The categories are........Poster of the year...Runner up...Miserablist of the season...Most annoying troll...Flouncer of the year, (flounced off in a hissy fit only to return)...Top plastic...Best new poster...Funniest poster...Thread of the year...Post of the year...Most dedicated dodgy streamer...Most boring poster...Most trusted poster (transfer info etc)....For this years team award.....posters who disappear when we''re winning only to return when we lose.

[/quote]

You forgot " Lifetime Achiement Award goes to .......Ricardo

I always think of Jim as having a particularly positive disposition. Can''t we have a we would have got automatic promotion had we appointed Lennon award too?

Poster of the year... ParmaRunner up... RayMiserablist of

the season...HighlandMost annoying troll... Big Vince / Dibs / fatty man

/ portmanking / Tony Cottee Woz Ere (Probably amount to half the binners season

tickets)Flouncer of the year, (flounced off in a hissy fit only to

return)... Wiz (10th year running)Top plastic... Goody (now

Gbug)Best new poster... Lessingham CanaryFunniest poster... Bor

Bor BorThread of the year... Any match thread where we win from behind. (Comedy gold).Post

of the year... Any of Parma''s Masterclass posts.Most dedicated dodgy

streamer... Indy BonesMost boring poster... Reggie Strayshun

Most trusted poster (team info etc).... RayFor this years team

award.....posters who disappear when we''re winning only to return when we

lose..... Reggie Strayshun / Baldyboy

Egg On Face Poster ..... All those who signed on to Norwichtalk slating

this forum only to return when they''d bored the t1ts off eachother.......

[quote user="lappinitup"]End of the season and it''s that time of the year where we select the awards for the stand-out performers on this board. The categories are........Poster of the year...

[/quote]I cannot shake this weird obsession with facts, so three posters stand out for me - Bethnal, Parma and Ray. But since Parma''s tactical posts gave me an excuse to get out my old Subbuteo teams to try to work out what he was talking about he deservedly gets the nod.

The end of this season I note. No awards for the seasons in the 1960''s or 1970''s are there ? Why ? Because you don''t have any, that''s why. You will never be us. You will never have a proud history of football forum awards. Even these awards are tinpot because they only cover two pages.I have a Green un from years ago which has all the awards for that year. In fact the headline says Eric Gates enters Miss Suffolk (though some stupid budgie has wrote on it underneath ''and she was very grateful''). And we used to have chats over CB radio. Not Citizens Bin radio either. And I can list all the winners in all the categories in every year. Mostly me as I was the most popular on the forum, and it was my set as well.  But it just goes to show that you will always been in our shadows and so envious of the mighty Town.

I''d like to add a category...."The Most Passionate Poster In A Non-Football Sense"

My award goes to Andy Larkin, not because I agree with his politics ( I don''t ) but because, for me, it was bizzare how his passion  and outspokenness ( embellished with lots of curse words, which actually detracts from the passion ) surfaced on high heat on the political thread leading up to the UK election, but his passion went missing on this forum with respect to Norwich striving for victory in the playoffs.

[quote user="quentin"]I get nothing for best new comer? [:(][/quote]

No. Just wishes for many more happy returns....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="quentin"]I get nothing for best new comer? [:(][/quote]

No. Just wishes for many more happy returns....

[/quote]I can live with that, Nigel [:)] Unlike Andy Larkin and his ilk I''m not a sore loser.

I agree that Parma has to be best poster of the year, merely for services to football education (on my part at least).

Also think Nutty deserves something, perhaps philanthropist of the year ...

I wonder whether LDC should be pragmatist of the year and Morty diplomat of the year?

OK, to avoid that let''s make Morty pragmatist of the year and LDC diplomat of the year.

[quote user="Knock off Nige"]"I wonder whether LDC should be pragmatist of the year and Morty diplomat of the year?"

I think there might be some prevarication over that[/quote]Whatever - they''re both brilliant & useful in their own unique ways and I for one hope they continue to be voracious with their prolific contributions to the site.