"That is my stance on it but nobody wants to hear what Troy Deeney says anyway.”

Now that''s not true Troy. http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

I was sitting level with penalty incident in the Graham Taylor stand. The first thing to say is that the initial turn by Wes to get into the penalty area was brilliant. Everyone in the ground assumed he would use Howson on the overlap. As for the ''penalty'' itself, it certainty isn''t a penalty. Wes collasped his leg long before the challenge came in. It was a fortunate and it was a pivotal moment in the game. However, we''ve been unfortunate at times this season. Charlton at home being a notable example where we had numerous claims for penalties turned down. I guess it goes to show these things can even themselves out over the season. It doesn''t execuse the refereeing performance however. He was absolutely dreadful on both sides. He booked Tettey for a fantastic challenge which in turn lead to Johnson also getting booked for showing dissent. There were other instances where he''d give decisions based on the reaction of the crowd as well. The incident with Jerome didn''t look like a foul to me but once he''s given the decision that also has to be a penalty as the contact appeared to be in the area. Perhaps showing that the referee didnt believe it was a foul either and hence why he didnt want to give a penalty.

Good.

If you can''t beat them join them. We are going to concede FKs and penalties because of diving/simulation.Harsher cards etc. We are going to suffer a cheeky nudge that is a tad too much at a FK etc.

So we need to do it back. Obviously it''d be perfect if footballers were all well behaved, started tackling properly again and stopped the fluffing about and got on with it like professionals. But thats not going to happen anytime soon because the authorities with the power to change and implement rules to try and get rid of diving, pointless shirt pulling at corners etc can''t do it right, or just haven''t tried. In many ways i think football could do with a radical set of rules changes, that would lead to a cleaner, clearer game. It would probably involve a few extra players getting sent off for a week weeks, some odd results, but one the silly dives etc stopped we could have a nice clean game.

P.S

Obviously I don''t think this is actually going to happen or that it is even actually logically possible.

It wasn''t a clean entry......nor a belly flop......I would have preferred a Peter Kay''s John Smith''s advert ''running bomb''......

But, it achieved the desired result, and we are 3 points better off.....Cheers Wes. [Y]

I dont like it when other teams players do it, I don''t like it when our players do it. However it is now part of the game ad it would be naive to expect our players not to do it.

On the FLS highlights there is a clip of  Bradley''s chance, what are the rules for ball placement at corner kicks?[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0546qmc/the-football-league-show-20142015-21022015[/url]@27.15

That would make sense but it was a corner. No problems but doesn''t show the lino to be much use either.

The amount of absolute shockers we have had against us this season we were WELL overdue a decision going our way. There was minimal contact but they are given week in, week out in the Premiership without complaint. Instead you get ''expert'' pundits saying the striker ''won'' the penalty cleverly etc.

Up until the penaty I was gonna write a damming  report about the ref on the Rate the ref site but toned it down a bit after, although looking at the games he''s done this was probably his biggest match and he did look a little out of his depth.

[quote user="Herman "]On the FLS highlights there is a clip of  Bradley''s chance, what are the rules for ball placement at corner kicks?[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0546qmc/the-football-league-show-20142015-21022015[/url]@27.15[/quote]

Thats because it was a free kick

Just looked at the highlights and I''ve changed my mind a bit - credit due where credit due - to Wes.   I don''t like to see diving, but when you have a referee like that, you never know when a decision is going to go for you or against you and it could easily have happened at the other end.  The refereeing was laughable even in those short highlights.  Standing twenty yards away incessantly blowing his whistle for about a minute, while the players totally ignored him. No authority, no control, bad decisions, but thankfully we came out on the right side of it, partly thanks to Wes.  Referees like that make the game a lottery.