Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The next seven games

No game to think about today so just been having a look round at games coming up and other clubs'' recent results -

Brighton - a tough match. They are much improved, typical Hughton attributes emerging - resilient at home, not prolific in goals but getting results, home and away. Our high pressing game should give them problems though.

Sheff Wed  - Mixed results recently so a bit unpredictable - but same applies as Brighton - if at our best we will give them problems.

Bolton - Resilent at home so will be a tough match.  Hopefully if our good form continues our momentum will see us through this one.

Leeds - get the prize for having the worst web site I''ve ever seen - apart from that the results have improved and this will be a tough one, but we are tough too.

Middsbro - Promises to be a real cup final type game.  Could decide who gets automatic or has to settle for play offs. If previous four games results are good, we should have the confidence and momentum to get something from this game.

Rotherham - not having a great season but got to be careful and maintain focus against them to get three points

Fulham - Not having a great season either, but if we need a result in this match to secure automatic, AN is the type who doesn''t do "bogey teams" so a result there is just as likely as anywhere else.

No easy fixtures there at all.  Our rivals have tough games too so its going to be a roller coaster from here on in for everyone.  Nothing to be afraid of though and everything to play for.  Seven wins should do it [:O]

Thanks for that amazing and insightful opening post Lakey. Now we all know exactly what to expect before each game, no stone have you left unturned. I''m overcome with emotion. Thank you. thank you. [:''(]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Thanks for that amazing and insightful opening post Lakey. Now we all know exactly what to expect before each game, no stone have you left unturned. I''m overcome with emotion. Thank you. thank you. [:''(][/quote]It''s a pleasure.............cat animated GIF

i agree with manager - focus on the next game, forget the rest.

5 wins inc one against Boro will get us promoted. I can see us drawing Saturday, Losing away at Leeds and it being a nail biting final day against Fulham again. Considering we tend to struggle against the lesser sides I think we''ve got a very tough run in. 5 wins will definitely be enough, but I''m hoping 4 wins and two draws will do it!

Our form under AN suggests we''ll get the 5 wins though, this break will give him more time to work with the squad which could be a blessing. Watford struggle against the top teams and have a few in their run in, we''ll overhaul Boro with a win so if I had to call it I think Bournemouth will win the league with us going up second

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]There might be three more games after that, and we have yet to play well at Wembley.[/quote]

Play offs are the fall back position - the minimum requirement. The focus has to be on the automatics - but as you mentioned Wembley - the only thing that matters there is the result - and we won last time we were there........

LDC - your OP reads like a Chris Hughton pre-match presser. Look for the positive we were heading for mid-table under Adams and we''ve a good chance of making the playoffs now.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]In Summary: The next seven games will be tough, but if we play to our potential then we should win.[/quote]

Naah, totally wrong........the next seven games will be tough and if we play to our potential we could win them. 

Seven wins would be something of a sensation. 

Unlike the majority of your posts.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 28/03/2015 9:08 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

The worst thing about the international break is the lack of anything worth reading on here.

Not a lot going on - hence the op. At least I tried.

👍

Sometimes if you don''t have anything interesting to say, its better to say nothing at all.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Sometimes if you don''t have anything interesting to say, its better to say nothing at all.[/quote]

[:D]

[/quote]

If you think that the concept of you having nothing interesting to say is amusing, then you really are more stupid than I realised.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Sometimes if you don''t have anything interesting to say, its better to say nothing at all.[/quote]

[:D]

[/quote]ldc, you see what dividends are reaped by you adopting this [:D]relaxed attitude[:D] to this, that and the other. It has induced not one but now two genuine "WHOOSH!!!" moments.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Sometimes if you don''t have anything interesting to say, its better to say nothing at all.[/quote][:D]

[/quote]ldc, you see what dividends are reaped by you adopting this [:D]relaxed attitude[:D] to this, that and the other. It has induced not one but now two genuine "WHOOSH!!!" moments.[/quote]

[Y] You''re so right. 

Brighton - Hughton will be out for revenge... And get it! 3-0 Brighton

Shed Wed - got loads of money, haven''t they... 3-0 Wednesday

Bolton - we should have appointed Lennon in summer... 3-0 Bolton

Leeds - have improved recently and hate us... 3-0 Leeds

Boro - beat us 4-0 last time but we have improved... 3-0 boro

Rotherham - fighting for their lives and we won''t like the tin pot ground... 3-0 Rotherham

Fulham - bogey team... 3-0 Fulham

We finish 9th, sack Alex Neil and give Chris Llewellyn a go with Jamie cureton as ass man

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Brighton - Hughton will be out for revenge... And get it! 3-0 Brighton

Shed Wed - got loads of money, haven''t they... 3-0 Wednesday

Bolton - we should have appointed Lennon in summer... 3-0 Bolton

Leeds - have improved recently and hate us... 3-0 Leeds

Boro - beat us 4-0 last time but we have improved... 3-0 boro

Rotherham - fighting for their lives and we won''t like the tin pot ground... 3-0 Rotherham

Fulham - bogey team... 3-0 Fulham

We finish 9th, sack Alex Neil and give Chris Llewellyn a go with Jamie cureton as ass man[/quote][:D]

Before Jimmy Smith''s sarcastic summary, I was going to write that the run in now looks quite tough because several of the teams are either finding form or have a lot to play for, thus was struggling to see where 5 wins were coming from. After Smith''s summary I''ll just assume all the teams are going to be breaking early for summer and we''ll coast it!

a lot to play for, going up  we have recently beaten Bournemouth, the binners, Watford, Wolves, Foresta lot to play for, trying to stay upwe hammered Milwall and Blackpool, but lost at home to Wiganbreaking up for summer, nothing play foryet we only drew with B''ham and Huddersfieldso would you have predicted 5 wins against Bournemouth, the binners, Watford, Wolves, Forest ?or only 2 points out of games against Wigan, B''ham and Huddersfield ?what the above shows is that even when there is a lot to play for it doesn''t guarantee anything, and it can come down to any number of factors on the day - such as injuries,  dodgy penalties, a sending off or just the luck of the green, which what makes the game so enjoyable