Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

"Fans" clearly unhappy Norwich yesterday

After our defeat against Reading, 72 new posts were put up on this message board within 24 hours, 72!!!!After our win yesterday only 25 new posts have been put up. Kinda shows this message board is full of purely negative people who clearly are in the minority with their views or it''s full of binners.

I don''t really think there was much to say. We won by the odd goal against the side 23rd in the table. We kept a clean sheet but their striker had only scored once all season. After all they had drawn 4 and lost 4 of their last 9. Nothing to write home about on its own.It''s good enough but I think most people would be wary of praising a hard fought win against poor opposition as the last time we managed it against Bolton we followed it up with getting hammered 4-0 by Middlesbrough.If we can go on and get a win and a good performance against Huddersfield I think you''ll start seeing more positive posts.

Perhaps, just a very tiny perhaps, there might have been more to discuss after the Reading defeat?

It''s hardly pushing the boundaries of reasoned debate to consider around twenty six thousand people watched the previous week''s debacle as opposed to just a few hundred yesterday.

Tricky hey.

Not much to say? Why not! Martin was cb and Whits rb, that''s usually worth half a dozen threads. Adams played one of his cb signings from the summer, that''s usually worth another half dozen when he leaves them out. Ruddy made a superb triple save, that would have been worth another half dozen if he''d let it in. You get my drift......

But fret not. None of the poor mites darkened my car boot this morning. The ropes, pills and razor blades remain unsold, so they''ll all be back after the next loss.

A dozen pre - match threads slating the line - up before kick off, one away "fan" moaning about the long drive home after an inevitable defeat. Didn''t see them after the final whistle.

The situation would be reversed if we played quality football with a lull when the team lost and a rejoicing when we won. At the moment we have mainly die hard all weather fans salivating at a narrow kick and rush win. The other end of the spectrum, ie the people who appreciate quality football, don''t much care about yesterday''s game.

[quote user="tenpenny"]

At the moment we have mainly die hard all weather fans salivating at a narrow kick and rush win. [/quote]

I''d be more than happy to have seen a few more of them this season.[Y]

But anyteam in this division is capable of beating any other - only a few weeks back Wigan won 2-1 away at Derby. So any away win is decent as far as I''m concerned.

So after a 1-0 win away at a team that are struggling, you are prepared to dismiss the past ten results - and performances? A win is a win and it''s a relief that it happened, but do you really think Adams is the right man to get us promoted? I suggest most on this board think not. We are still outside the playoffs and are really not playing convincing football. If Adams can do what Pardew has then I am sure there will be plenty more positive posts on here. Let''s hope it happens.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Adams played one of his cb signings from the summer. [/quote]
He certainly did, and you know what, Cuellar looked really good, just as he did against Forest.  Makes you wonder why on earth he has only 180 minutes all season.  I see ''fatty'' Hooper grabbed an assist as well.. again showing his quality in this league, which begs the question why he has only 300 championship minutes under his belt this season - (with 2 goals and an assist to show for it).

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Adams played one of his cb signings from the summer. [/quote]
He certainly did, and you know what, Cuellar looked really good, just as he did against Forest.  Makes you wonder why on earth he has only 180 minutes all season.  I see ''fatty'' Hooper grabbed an assist as well.. again showing his quality in this league, which begs the question why he has only 300 championship minutes under his belt this season - (with 2 goals and an assist to show for it).
[/quote]You do know he was injured?

So after a 1-0 win away at a team that are struggling, you are prepared to dismiss the past ten results - and performances?

No, nobody is saying that. This is about the message board being far quieter when the team we "all" support wins a game.

I have a friend who worked in Ladbrokes for many years.His conclusion was that the majority of gamblers are only really happy when they''re losing because it gives them someone to blame and something to moan about. A winner was no more than an small inconvenience in their quest to be miserable.

One workmanlike win against a backdrop of several mediocre defeats and draws is hardly enough to inspire anyone, and certainly nothing to get carried away by.It could be the turning point or it could be just a dim light in a season of dark rooms (like West Ham was last year). Who knows? It is far too early to say.Most. like me, who want Neil to succeed (but not as much as I want to avoid a repeat of the Hughton "lets hang on until it''s too late" scenario) are reserving judgement until we have more evidence. Pretty dull (and blindingly obvious) reading is, and hardly worthy of a wasting anyone''s time.........

I like to vent on here when I''m really not happy with what I''ve seen/paid to see. I never attack the club or people personally though, but we as fans have every right to come on here and express our displeasure at performances/decisions and lets face it, there''s a lot more interesting things to talk about when we''ve got problems.

I''m sure some of the players must read this board so I also like to come on here and praise the team/players when we''re doing well. Every other football forum is the same as this as well, we''re not a special group of miserable fans.

It can get a bit heated though, I consider myself very impatient and I expected much better this year but it has surprised me how quickly people lost faith in Adams. For me the jury is still out, I don''t think we''ve seen our average level yet.

I think people are blinded by how much this team cost, the reality is this team was specifically assembled to defend all game in the Prem. Most of our players are workers, determined but limited. We wouldn''t be running away with this league under pretty much anyone. We seriously need new players, out of everyone in this league we''d have the best chance of surviving in the PL by far, but this squad isn''t really suited to a Championship promotion push!

Saturday was a back to basics performance and about time too. We perhaps believe we are the Arsenal of the Championship where we can retain possession and score creative goals whilst playing the "Norwich way".

Results against teams in the lower half of the league have been very poor, whilst against better teams we pick up more points. This may be a mental thing that fans and players look at the table and assume three points in the bag Saturday when facing lower league opposition. If you are not switched on 100% mentally errors creep in. Playing players not in form and the wrong tactics for the wrong game lead to draws and defeats. Injuries to key players do not help.

Saturday was a key result for Norwich, winning ugly against a team fighting for its life is not to be sneered at. The management team turned expectation into reality by tweaking team selection and tactics.

In life and sport you learn more about yourself when things go wrong not when fate showers you with good luck and fortune only to take it away when you need it most.

H