Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

taking nothing away from our lads

you can only beat whats in front of you but millwall are the biggest shower of sh1te ever to darken carrow road ! an absolute shambles of a team... and as for there fans!!! what a bunch of mugs started leaving after 19 minutes and stuck in the 1980s a joke of a club all round.

I have to dissagree, Leeds and Reading were worse or as bad IMO.

We just were more clinical against this lot. Agree about their fans though.

if ever a cliche fitted - it was today''they were not at the races''looked totally disjointed and disinterested

how long before the ''merry'' pirate is asked to heave to ?

Jerome alone could have scored a hattrick by the 20th minute, four by the hald hour mark. They can be actually happy about the one-digit score - taking only number wasted the absolute sitters into sccount.

I believe he was one of the outstanding candidates we overlooked in favour of the unwanted one.

Nice to hear the crowd chianting Adams'' name yesterday and him giving a wave, of course he didn''t actually wave his hand, Phelen had a rubber hand on the end of a long stick which he shoved under Adams arm and wiggled it furiously.

[quote user="Indy"]I have to dissagree, Leeds and Reading were worse or as bad IMO.  [/quote]

Huddersfield looked rubbish too - even before they went down to 10.

But I don''t think any were as bad as Millwall. Thought they were really quite awful.

"taking nothing away from our lads"

Quite right. Three terrific games against Huddersfield, Derby and Millwall. All good results.  However, you''re only as good as your next performance and that is the key to how the rest of the season goes.   Lose at Reading and we are set back again, with some of the clubs above us probably winning.   The most encouraging result/match for me was the Derby match where we looked a class better than them.   But it only counts if we beat teams like Reading too.   Tomorrow is a real test, because to maintain our challenge, we have to win it.

The title says "take nothing away from the lads" followed by a post doing just that. Millwall may not have been very good, but maybe we had a little to do with this. Two home games ending in 5 goal victories. Obviously we are not that good, just the opposition are rubbish.

The thing is, if set-up properly. right team and tactics chosen and they are motivated.... this squad is that good and most of the teams in this division shouldnt be able to live with us....and thank god (or should I say Mike Phelan) that''s now started to happen!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]The thing is, if set-up properly. right team and tactics chosen and they are motivated.... this squad is that good and most of the teams in this division shouldnt be able to live with us....and thank god (or should I say Mike Phelan) that''s now started to happen![/quote]
I know you don''t like Adams as a manager but it''s pretty poor to consistently make out Mike Phelan is responsible for everything that''s happening.
Coaching, management, it''s a team thing. Just like it was for Lambert.

Unfortunately where our season may fall down is that Birmingham, Rotherham, Leeds, Charlton, Reading and Brighton were all pretty poor and should have been comfortably beaten at Carrow Road. Had we even beaten three of them we would be top of this league but we somehow managed to not win a single one of those games.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Unfortunately where our season may fall down is that Birmingham, Rotherham, Leeds, Charlton, Reading and Brighton were all pretty poor and should have been comfortably beaten at Carrow Road. Had we even beaten three of them we would be top of this league but we somehow managed to not win a single one of those games.[/quote]

That could be offset with our better than normal away form. Yes we''ve dropped points at home, but we''ve gained more away than many could have expected.

[quote user="im spartacus"]millwall were an appalling shambles thats the only reason we beat them back to reality today[/quote]Which pink ''un rule number is that?[:)]

About as much credit as england get for beating san marino they were that bad on the day, and today proves that to be correct the only decent performance from our unbeaten run was away at Derby the rest were against teams devoid of any confidence or 10 men. And today we run out of luck against a team devoid of confidence whom watford beat after going down to 10 men.