Sign in to follow this  
unique

Brighton fans delighted

[quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"]I wonder where the people who thought Malky could do a better job than Adams, went?[/quote]Hughton and Malky have both won the Championship , Adams will never win anything , either would be a massive improvement on our clown of a manager and only an idiot would fail to see it .[/quote]Can you use your time machine to get me this weeks lotto numbers please?[/quote]You dont need a time machine just a little knowledge of football , Adams will follow Gunn (that other star manager we unearthed) into mobile phone sales or the like . [/quote]I bow to your clearly superior footballing knowledge[:)]

[quote user="pete"]Get over this Hughton love in we all hated the football played under him, given £25m couldn''t rectify the scoring problem. Are the muppets going with him i.e. Calderwood and Trollope from the pictures on SSN doesn''t look like they are going to form management team, which can only be good news. Can they afford Bassong £2m will do it, Elliott B not doing for the Seagulls £500k.

Invest in better RB.[/quote]The football is justas 5hit under Adams only against far weaker opposition . I dont remember Hughtons Newcastle being boring in the Championship they won the league in some style with a strong squad similar to what we have now . Adams out ...and the sooner the better .

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"]I wonder where the people who thought Malky could do a better job than Adams, went?[/quote]Hughton and Malky have both won the Championship , Adams will never win anything , either would be a massive improvement on our clown of a manager and only an idiot would fail to see it .[/quote]Can you use your time machine to get me this weeks lotto numbers please?[/quote]You dont need a time machine just a little knowledge of football , Adams will follow Gunn (that other star manager we unearthed) into mobile phone sales or the like . [/quote]I bow to your clearly superior footballing knowledge[:)][/quote]After spending all last season backing Hughton and trying to goad everybody who said we were heading down thats probably a good decision you have just made.

[quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"]I wonder where the people who thought Malky could do a better job than Adams, went?[/quote]Hughton and Malky have both won the Championship , Adams will never win anything , either would be a massive improvement on our clown of a manager and only an idiot would fail to see it .[/quote]Can you use your time machine to get me this weeks lotto numbers please?[/quote]You dont need a time machine just a little knowledge of football , Adams will follow Gunn (that other star manager we unearthed) into mobile phone sales or the like . [/quote]I bow to your clearly superior footballing knowledge[:)][/quote]After spending all last season backing Hughton and trying to goad everybody who said we were heading down thats probably a good decision you have just made.[/quote]You clearly pay little attention, there came a point, when the time was right, that I said I thought he should go.Still, whatever suits[Y]

The bottom line in all this is that had we gotten rid of Hughton 12 months ago we probably wouldn''t be where we are now.With a new manager in last January, it would have been far easier, and more likely, to get the 3 or 4 points needed to stay in the Prem than it will be now to get the 45 to 50 points needed to get promoted back to it.

I wonder if a loan move to Brighton for Bassong might be on the cards for the rest of the season?

an ideal compromise all round?....a devout Hughton man joins his old manager....and we''re no longer actively helping out a direct playoff rival..

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I wonder if a loan move to Brighton for Bassong might be on the cards for the rest of the season?

an ideal compromise all round?....a devout Hughton man joins his old manager....and we''re no longer actively helping out a direct playoff rival..[/quote]Good shout - except that given the way Bassong was last year, he might not be top of Hughton''s shopping list.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I''m looking forward to my trip to Brighton even more now ![/quote]

Be very careful the Brighton renegades will be after blood. They will remember there trip to Norwich.

With an honours degree in hindsight THAT was the game that did for us. Had we beaten them they would definitely have gone down instead.

True Mort, and i feel that we could hardly have fared worse than them in the Prem had we stayed up.....narrow margins indeed.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]With an honours degree in hindsight THAT was the game that did for us. Had we beaten them they would definitely have gone down instead.

True Mort, and i feel that we could hardly have fared worse than them in the Prem had we stayed up.....narrow margins indeed.[/quote]And that, I should imagine, is how the board saw it, like I say nobody called us losing that game.We would have scraped up and got rid of Hughton in the summer.

I still think that had Hughton kept us up, it would have been very difficult to sack him in that scenario.  The media for one thing and the football world would have had a field day and we would have become a laughing stock.  I think this is one of the reasons that made them get rid before the end of the season.  A gamble, but one with maybe a little more to it than some realise.

We would''ve sacked him at the end of the season LDC if we had''ve stayed up. Of course there''s that catch 22 situation where people will say ''source please'' and quite rightfully so, yet of course the reply is always; ''I cannot give you the name but its from someone within the club.'' In this case its someone at boardroom level.

[quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="pete"]Get over this Hughton love in we all hated the football played under him, given £25m couldn''t rectify the scoring problem. Are the muppets going with him i.e. Calderwood and Trollope from the pictures on SSN doesn''t look like they are going to form management team, which can only be good news. Can they afford Bassong £2m will do it, Elliott B not doing for the Seagulls £500k. Invest in better RB.[/quote]

The football is justas 5hit under Adams only against far weaker opposition . I dont remember Hughtons Newcastle being boring in the Championship they won the league in some style with a strong squad similar to what we have now .
Adams out ...and the sooner the better .
[/quote]

Well, Puppet, rather than tell us about what you don''t remember.....what do you remember? Do you remember this Newcastle squad when they won the Championship? There were a few strong leaders in that squad, some who resembled Grant Holt at his best. We don''t have that currently and, if you think we do, you''re a puppet.

1 GK England Steve Harper
2 DF Argentina Fabricio Coloccini
3 DF Spain José Enrique
4 MF England Kevin Nolan
5 DF England Fitz Hall
6 DF England Mike Williamson
7 MF England Joey Barton
8 MF England Danny Guthrie
10 FW England Marlon Harewood
10 MF England Wayne Routledge
11 MF Republic of Ireland Damien Duff
11 FW Denmark Peter Løvenkrands
12 DF England Danny Simpson
13 DF Georgia (country) Zurab Khizanishvili
14 DF Netherlands Patrick van Aanholt
16 DF England Ryan Taylor
17 MF England Alan Smith
18 MF Argentina Jonás Gutiérrez
19 FW Spain Xisco
20 MF Cameroon Geremi
20 FW Republic of Ireland Leon Best
22 MF England Nicky Butt
23 FW Nigeria Shola Ameobi
24 FW England Andy Carroll
25 MF Congo Kazenga LuaLua
26 GK Netherlands Tim Krul
27 DF England Steven Taylor
30 FW England Nile Ranger
31 FW Netherlands Frank Wiafe Danquah
34 GK England Fraser Forster

Hughtons 1 championship season (including cup games) ended in a win percentage of almost 63%

with Birmingham he had a win percentage of 42%

With those championship stats it is a very good appointment

Lets hope he doesn''t put one over us when we visit them

Yep, would have been a tough call to sack him if he had kept us up, probably the right thing for the Club, but not for the Clubs image.

It will be interesting to see how he does, April 3rd will be fun too.

Talking of April 3rd, is there really a naughty contingent of Brighton boys? as i''ll prob be going with my son, from Brighton and would like to travel safe to/ from town to the stadium and back.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]We would''ve sacked him at the end of the season LDC if we had''ve stayed up. Of course there''s that catch 22 situation where people will say ''source please'' and quite rightfully so, yet of course the reply is always; ''I cannot give you the name but its from someone within the club.'' In this case its someone at boardroom level.[/quote]I heard similar, from a trustworthy source.

I would normally say anyone could''ve got that Newcastle team promoted, but having seen Adams this season I think I''ve been wrong. Hughton''s achievements were with Birmingham, he did extremely well there, as well as when Newcastle were in the prem.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Yep, would have been a tough call to sack him if he had kept us up, probably the right thing for the Club, but not for the Clubs image.

It will be interesting to see how he does, April 3rd will be fun too.

Talking of April 3rd, is there really a naughty contingent of Brighton boys? as i''ll prob be going with my son, from Brighton and would like to travel safe to/ from town to the stadium and back.[/quote]I''m not really so sure, all things considered, the majority of fans were remarkably patient, but I suspect most had it in the back of their head "Yeah, lets just stay up, and review this in the summer, it could be time for a change"

the majority of fans were remarkably patient, ....Morty

Yeah, do you remember those job saving , ''pulled it out of a hat'' wins,each after poor results, v sunderland, spurs and Hull, they probably gave him a bit more time as far as the board and some fans were concerned.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]We would''ve sacked him at the end of the season LDC if we had''ve stayed up. Of course there''s that catch 22 situation where people will say ''source please'' and quite rightfully so, yet of course the reply is always; ''I cannot give you the name but its from someone within the club.'' In this case its someone at boardroom level.[/quote]I realise that is probably the case, which is why I said it was one of the reasons why he was actually sacked when he was.  If the board intended to sack him regardless of whether he kept us up or not, it was better - for them - to sack him in the scenario they did.  Was it better for the club?   That is open to question - he was imo just as likely to get the points needed as Adams.