Sign in to follow this  
Indy

so hpw should we approach Friday?

Do we go back to using wingers, maybe start with Tettey, O''Neil or Howson? Lose Whittaker move Martin over and play Miquel?

Or should we go with on up top?

I bet everyone has a different formation & opinion.

I don''t have a clue but would go with.....4-2-3-1 system.

Start with Jerome up top with Laffs & Redmond on the wings with Howson, Tettey & O''Neil central.

Drop Whittaker and start with Martin, Turner, Miquel & Olsson.

Not sure this would be good enough but what would you like to see?

I''d be inclined to start with the team that finished on Saturday save maybe move Martin to RB instead of Whit and Hooper in for Grabban.

When teams set up to stop us in my opinion is we have to go down the wings, when all your play comes through the middle its easier to defend against. By getting people behind the ball.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Tettey O''Neill

Redmond Howson Lafferty

Jerome

Rudd Miquel Johnson E.Bennett Murphy Grabban Hooper

Given that Bolton are likely to come with their bus why not throw a 4 consecutive change of formation and start

Ruddy

Martin     Turner      Olsson

Tettey

Redmond   Howson O''Neil  Lafferty

Jerome Grabban

Subs

Rudd  Murphy  Hooper Hooiveld   Johnson Iggy  Whittaker

With the back 3 being told to defend and leave the front 7 to do their jobs...

There is certainly a case for playing three at the back when we''re at home Zipper.

Looking forward to seeing Tettey, O''Neil and Howson start.

Would also hope to see Hooper in the starting 11. He must be due his chance now in light of the number of chances which have not been converted by the other strikers.

Martin back to his place. Would like to see him as full-back/wing-back.Drop Olsson. Some of his final balls were atrocious on saturday.One up front, Grabban probably. Hooper/Jerome to be used at some time.Maybe 4-1-4-1.

Am I the only one who thinks that Garrido has a much better cross on him than Olsson ? To be honest , I don''t see that Olsson is a better defender or attacking wing back this season , even if he was before . Whene Garrido got a couple of games earlier this season , I thoughtbwe looked infinitely better .

I think a few of us, myself included, have suggested that Garrido might be worth another look at left-back. But I also think it might be a case of picturing a player being out of the team as being better than he actually is. Though Olsson''s final ball when he gets forward isn''t good enough.

[quote user="Jenkins"]There is certainly a case for playing three at the back when we''re at home Zipper. Looking forward to seeing Tettey, O''Neil and Howson start. Would also hope to see Hooper in the starting 11. He must be due his chance now in light of the number of chances which have not been converted by the other strikers. [/quote]

I agree on the midfield three but I would prefer to see Grabban given the chance upfront on his own again.

But I find it hard to see Jerome being dropped even though he''s produced little for a few games now.

Where I sit in the Barclay ,, I get half the game seeing close up our left back coming forward , and Garrido to me always looks to have more threat ,, it''s often Redmond ( when he is playing on that wing ) that stifles Garrido''s attacking runs , by carrying the ball inside instead of a pass back to Garrido who has positioned himself for a go to the byline ,, I think we need more of that overlap ,, with an accurate cross.

I would also like to see Hooper given a go now ,, I have rather lost faith in Grabban ,, especially after the penalty miss.

We all have our favourites and there''s no doubt player''s reputations improve for a spell injured or on the bench. I''d definitely play Howson even though he''s been under performing by his standards. What he lacks is match/championship fitness/sharpness and he will only get that if he''s continually played. I''d also stick with Jerome/Grabban because they won''t improve as a pair with one on the bench. Chopping and changing too much is counter productive in my opinion.

Garrido definitely is a better crosser than Olsson, in fact along side O''Neil he''s probably the best at the club.

[quote user="GJP"]

I think a few of us, myself included, have suggested that Garrido might be worth another look at left-back. But I also think it might be a case of picturing a player being out of the team as being better than he actually is. Though Olsson''s final ball when he gets forward isn''t good enough.

[/quote]You may be right about that but from the limited games i have seen Olsson hasn''t been as good as he is capable of, so Garrido coming in is a risk, but not a massive gamble. Might give Olsson a boot up the jacksy.

1.Only use Redmond as an impact sub.

2. Start Hooper and keep playing him until his fitness is tip top. He is the consistent scorer in our squad.

3. Keep R.Martin at RB only.

4. Play O''Neil as often and for as long as possible.

5. Give E.Bennet a decent run.

We need a raumdauter, thomas Muller esque player who finds the space to get us easy goals (like the sweaty goals on Fifa) wes dilly dallies too much to be that guy, perhaps hooper, murphy or how son could be that guy.

We seem to have stopped being a threat from midfield, Johnson and Tettey were grabbing goals earlier on in the season, now we seem to be trying to rely solely on the strikers ( I accept Martin scored V Leeds. with this in mind I''d like to see E. Bennett play behind the striker. he has the pace to go past the front man and can also run at players.

With Wes out I think EB could just fill this roll, his percentage of assists when he was at Brighton was very good if I remember correctly?

Why do people go on about E Bennett when he''s not played many games in 3 sesdons for us, a total of 58 with the majority off the bench.

Prior to joining us he never played above the 1st division.

I''m sure he can count himself unlucky with injury but he always looks too lightweight to me.

Not a player I rate and would start Murphy ahead Bennett every time.

Still we all see our players with different views which is the way it should be.....oh for another Huckerby!

I''m no great lover of Wes either but on his day Wes has the potential to win any game, Bennett doesn''t have that in his locker at this level.

I''m no great lover of Wes either but on his day Wes has the potential to win any game, Bennett doesn''t have that in his locker at this level.

I shall be drinking heavily and almost overdosing on a variety of class A drugs before going to bed at 5am. I shall then wake up at 7 to get the kids up to drive them to school. At 10am I''ll then go to the local swimming pool and sauna before engaging in a lovely dinner with my ex wife of whom we still engage in passionate love. Leaving sooner than usual ready to pick the kids up at 3:10pm I''ll then proceed to make supper whilst putting on the movie scarface for my 4 year old daughter as she loves it, "fu(king c0ckroaches she always says to me." Adorable.

At 6pm I shall then neglect my children in favour of driving the car to norwich for a quick pint before walking to the ground, however not before of course having a hit of crack before the journey. Once at Carrow Rd I shall display and swipe my season ticket through the machine at the door, then find my seat and sit down ready for a gripping game that i''ve come to expect here at Carrow Rd.

This is how I''ll approach friday.

of course none of this is true

....diary of pete doherty?

Well from work I shall be heading straight to the boozer.

Stumble to the ground. Have a cheeky cheeseburger. Enter the ground for further beers then sit down in my seat to watch another 1-1 game that bores me to tears. Well no change there then

I just don''t get it Nutty! Why try to play Bennett other than on the wing? The Wolves game proved he''s either not good enough played elsewhere or just not fit enough after injury.

I get that he would make a good wing back, but we have Howson to swap for Wes or Murphy/Redmond who offer more from that position.

Anyhow sorry for sounding aggressive wasn''r meant to be.....