Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Elliot Bennett

Neil said last night after the game that he is off on loan to Brighton.

Although Benno hasn''t been playing, this is a bit surprising. Apart from Redmond and Murphy (Lafferty?) Benno is the only other natural winger we have, and if Redmond suffered an injury, he would surely be the natural replacement. He can also play just behind the striker, where we have just had injuries to Wes and VOO. I also think he could be adaptable enough to play at right back, but guess we have enough options there.

Anyway, perhaps he just needs a few games and will come back and compete for first team, but I''m worried it could leave us short at a busy time of the season.

Last night - great to be back to winning ways, even if last few minutes were tense. There really are some idiots on here saying Adams is tactically inept and we were poor etc. We should have won more comfortable, and 2nd half was one of our best performances of the season. There is still work to do, but we are nearly there. Hopefully at least one win from the two away games this week.

I like Elliot Bennett but after the injury it''s pretty clear IMO he needs a run of games to get back in form. He is unlikely to get the here ATM and we need players who come in and hit the ground running so a short term deal makes a lot of sense.

We could, in turn, raid the loan market and replace EB with a wide man who is better.I am not sure whether we could have ''instant re-call'' from Brighton, if needed, as it would be a sensible measure.I too thought we were excellent last night. The adage that if you apply enough pressure the goals will come has not been applicable to us of late. Last night it was and we really deserved at least another, IMO.

A short term loan at this stage of the season could mean that a deal has been done to sell to the Seagulls in January.

It would make sense for him. He was a big favourite there, and does not look likely to get many games in a Canary shirt.

I like Lafferty on the wing. He takes people on, got a bit of pace and with his height offers an excellent target.

I wondered if Jacob might start featuring more should another winger be required. I thought he was linked with a loan to Preston a few weeks ago but it never went through

hopefully this means that we''ll get a couple of wingers coming in in loan with a view to a permanent deal as we were already short on a couple of a LM. What if Redmond gets injured, we''d be truly screwed.

In the limited game time has got this season, and the U21 game I saw him play in, it really looks like the knee injury has taken at least a yard of pace off him, which considering his game is based off being able to go past his full back down the line, is a bit of an issue.

Its a shame, he had so much potential. But he''s not good enough at the moment to be in the team

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]A short term loan at this stage of the season could mean that a deal has been done to sell to the Seagulls in January.

It would make sense for him. He was a big favourite there, and does not look likely to get many games in a Canary shirt.[/quote]I could be wrong but aren''t loans at this point in the season, time limited - as in there is a maximum and they can only be extended by so many days etc.Neil said on Radio Norfolk last night that this was not in view of it becoming permanent and reminded people that Bennett had signed a new contract in the summer and he saw a future for him at Norwich.He needs games, it''s that simple. He needs to work up confidence and strength again after such a long injury lay off and to get that through competitive football.I really wouldn''t read more into that than there is - for the time being at least.

[quote user="Olly"]In the limited game time has got this season, and the U21 game I saw him play in, it really looks like the knee injury has taken at least a yard of pace off him, which considering his game is based off being able to go past his full back down the line, is a bit of an issue.

Its a shame, he had so much potential. But he''s not good enough at the moment to be in the team[/quote]

Agree completely. I saw that U21 game too, and Elliott looked rather sluggish. He did try, did put some effort in, but as you say, he has lost quite a lot of pace, which is to be expected after such a horrific injury.

I dont thin we can afford to live on memories, and in the case of Benno, he has always had potential which never came to the fore here at Norwich.

We are likely better off letting him go, even though he is a nice lad and all that.

Bring in another winger on loan, or buy a new winger in January

As others know I''m happy with this, never done anything for me to get excited about.

Good luck to him and I hope it works out well for him.

More concerned why we let Bassong go to the champioship top club?

Get him back and into the youth team ;-)

[quote user="Indy"]As others know I''m happy with this, never done anything for me to get excited about.

Good luck to him and I hope it works out well for him.

More concerned why we let Bassong go to the champioship top club?

Get him back and into the youth team ;-)[/quote]Is Bassong injured? He went off after 30 mins in todays game http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29767128

Yes agree with Highland on this one, seems a reasonable loan. Plus of course another indicator of just how strong the squad is to afford a player of this quality to go out, seems like a win-win.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]A short term loan at this stage of the season could mean that a deal has been done to sell to the Seagulls in January.

It would make sense for him. He was a big favourite there, and does not look likely to get many games in a Canary shirt.[/quote]I could be wrong but aren''t loans at this point in the season, time limited - as in there is a maximum and they can only be extended by so many days etc.Neil said on Radio Norfolk last night that this was not in view of it becoming permanent and reminded people that Bennett had signed a new contract in the summer and he saw a future for him at Norwich.He needs games, it''s that simple. He needs to work up confidence and strength again after such a long injury lay off and to get that through competitive football.I really wouldn''t read more into that than there is - for the time being at least.

[/quote]

I would think then it is about getting him '' up to speed'' as I can see no reason why Adams would offer up a hostage to fortune by making a remark that could come back to bite his ar  se.Given the games we will face after the New Year I can imagine the club will want as many fighting fit as possible.We play a fair number of midweek games and there is every likelihood that we will have an extra game or two from the FA and possibly postponed games.Who knows we may see both Bassong and Becchio back.Otherwise any idea who we might be looking at come January, assuming all players are available ie will it be team strengthening rather than bringing in cover for injured players ?

Benno needs to rediscover his mojo.   Going to a club he knows well and where he will be sympathetically received will help him.  A break from the Norwich bubble will help too, so its a good opportunity for him to get match fitness in an encouraging environment. 

Listen to what he says in the interview. Imho, he is off to Brighton in January. Already a pre-sale agreement agreed?

“I’ve really enjoyed my time at Norwich and felt comfortable playing in the Premier League. My own game certainly improved by playing against and with so many top-class players and it was just unfortunate that the injury stopped me in my tracks,” he told Brighton’s official site. “I returned for the final couple of games of last season, but it’s been hard to break into a side that has been doing well this season. Now I just want to start playing regularly again and help Brighton climb the table. I just can’t wait to get going now and repay the faith the manager and the club have shown in bringing me back here.”

then why would Adams stick his neck in the noose by saying the opposite ?why is the loan not until the 1st of January rather than 1st December ?

[quote user="City1st"]then why would Adams stick his neck in the noose by saying the opposite ?why is the loan not until the 1st of January rather than 1st December ?

[/quote]

Could be because of recall rules. Not sure of the rules, but for loans longer than 1 month, I think there is a different set of rules for an eventual recall. Arrest me if I´m wrong here

my understanding is that there is no recall in the first 28 daysif Bennett was going then it would be as with Russell Martin - he joins, then stays on and signs in the transfer windowseems strange as talthough here are five Saturdays in November he has alreadt missed yesterday, 15th is an international break and the 22nd he misses as Brighton play usso two Saturdays - Fulham and Blackburn and one Tues - Wigangiving a fortnight without a game

It''s a good move by all concerned, Adams has told us the position, we must accept he is telling the truth. If there were any other angle on this that he did not wish to disclose then he would have remained silent, rather than telling a deliberate porky.

probably, I''ve never met him unfortunately, he seems nice when I''ve seen him on interviews and radio. When did you meet him may I ask?

If you had worked with young footballers in Norfolk, you may well have come accross Neil, as I did and I am sure many others have as well.